seantaylor=god

2019 NFL Draft discussion thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, Master Blaster said:

 

 

I played for NDSU. Follow them all closely. 

 

I played tecmo bowl religiously.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Damn. There goes Dogbe to Arizona, had read good things about him and thought we might go back to that Temple DT well

 

Nice player. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping K. Harmon compares to M. Colston (previously with the saints) as a big bodied guy who can go up and fight for the 50/50 balls but ran slow 40s which dropped their draft position.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man. That is good value on Brailford. I had a 5th round grade on him. Nice developmental edge guy!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be cutting a $100,000 bonus check to Tyree Jackson as we speak. Grab him and stash him.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In context, I love every pick in this draft now that it's over.  I can see a reason for every player to be here a couple years if developed properly. Someone took the chains off the scouting department, real talk.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caleb Wilson TE is Mr. Irrelevant.

 

That's the draft.

 

Now time for undrafted free agency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a lot of potential in those players, of course time will tell. Grade A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Gotta say, I’m shocked Hall and Morgan weren’t drafted.  

Of the guys I’ve watched, those two, plus DeMarcus Lodge, David Sills and Anthony Ratliff-Williams are receivers I’d try to bring in.  

 

Some good backers left too - @stevemcqueen1‘s boy Coney, plus Lamar, Hodge, etc. 

 

My guy Dax Raymond at TE, and the superhuman Donald Parham.  

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I would be cutting a $100,000 bonus check to Tyree Jackson as we speak. Grab him and stash him.

 

He wasn’t drafted for ... non football related predictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See, Caleb Wilson is why I don't like looking at scouting reports and falling in love with players. Just over the last week I had been reading and watching everything I could find about him thinking he'd be a nice addition. Then when he kept dropping I kept thinking there's a chance and then we pass on him and I'm saying mayhe in UDFA. Then he gets picked and I have to root against him

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple UDFA WR's and QB's I'd like to get in here personally. Imo without Quick there is room on this roster already for our 2 draft picks at WR, though Harmon specifically will of course need to compete hard. What I want though is talented competition for Cam Sims, Robert Davis, and Trey Quinn. We as fans of course liked what we saw of all of them. And I feel like there's even someone I'm forgetting at WR on the roster here. But We need to push those guys and make sure any of them can be more than preseason crushes. Quinn is probably inheriting Crowder's slot position without much of a fight, he needs to stay healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Lock had gone to Bullis, this would have been a nearly perfect draft. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Gotta say, I’m shocked Hall and Morgan weren’t drafted.  

Of the guys I’ve watched, those two, plus DeMarcus Lodge, David Sills and Anthony Ratliff-Williams are receivers I’d try to bring in.  

Yeah  I wanted Hall in the 3rd or 4th. Surprised, but i think the word was that he was raw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not far off...Bills immediately cut Tyree Jackson a $75,000 check to come to camp as an UDFA. Damn. 

 

Bet we get Rypien though. Lots of potential here to be a long-term backup behind Haskins, which is his ceiling realistically.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

See, Caleb Wilson is why I don't like looking at scouting reports and falling in love with players. Just over the last week I had been reading and watching everything I could find about him thinking he'd be a nice addition. Then when he kept dropping I kept thinking there's a chance and then we pass on him and I'm saying mayhe in UDFA. Then he gets picked and I have to root against him

 

Relationships are brutal investments, never trust a prospect, they’re all going to hurt you in the end. 😕

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Renegade7 said:

In context, I love every pick in this draft now that it's over.  I can see a reason for every player to be here a couple years if developed properly. Someone took the chains off the scouting department, real talk.

 

Couldn't agree more. I've really enjoyed this draft and had no WTF, head-scratching moments (except for the giants No. 6 pick, lol).

 

We've got a lot of speed now in positions where it was sorely lacking. Great draft.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

A couple UDFA WR's and QB's I'd like to get in here personally. Imo without Quick there is room on this roster already for our 2 draft picks at WR, though Harmon specifically will of course need to compete hard. What I want though is talented competition for Cam Sims, Robert Davis, and Trey Quinn. We as fans of course liked what we saw of all of them. And I feel like there's even someone I'm forgetting at WR on the roster here. But We need to push those guys and make sure any of them can be more than preseason crushes. Quinn is probably inheriting Crowder's slot position without much of a fight, he needs to stay healthy. 

 

Its possible. I think the leader fr Mo's spot is Sims (and maybe Davis) but neither has shown they can stay healthy. I honestly think Davis is on the outside looking in right now. 

 

But who is currently hurt? Who will get hurt in OTAs and in training camp? That's probably going to play an important factor

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not far off...Bills immediately cut Tyree Jackson a $75,000 check to come to camp as an UDFA. Damn. 

 

Bet we get Rypien though. Lots of potential here to be a long-term backup behind Haskins, which is his ceiling realistically.

 

Where are you pulling that from Conn? I was just getting ready to put together my list of UDFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

 

Where are you pulling that from Conn? I was just getting ready to put together my list of UDFA.

 

Schefter tweeted it out right after the draft ended

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

Schefter tweeted it out right after the draft ended

 

Also just confirmed on NFLnetwork

 

doubt they give Lindsay that if it weren’t true. ****.

Edited by Birdlives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.