• Montae Nicholson
    • Troy Apke
    • Deshazor Everett
    • Adonis Alexander
    • Josh Harvey-Clemons
    • 2019 draft pick
    • Free Agent
    • DRC

This is my second post,  I'm sorry if no one cares or it shouldnt be a post at all but I think it warrents some merit considering we signed a pretty solid Strong Safety this off season.  Here are my thoughts on potential candidates for the position:

Montae Nicholson:  So there are character issues now, with the beat down but his play on the field didnt seem to far off from HA HA.  I didnt see him get burned a whole lot, however, he didnt make many plays.  Overall not hearing his name called that much while playing in the secondary cant be to bad.  He also has Elite closing speed and length. 

Troy Apke:  Well we know he has some speed and it seems like he plays with some decent instincts.  The injury may have hurt his chances of development last year.  But you can never tell what an offseason will do to someone.  Hopefully he can come in an play well in preaseason impress and make decisions tough on coaches.

Deshazor Everett:  I like him but he is more of a SS to me. Seems to play like a thumper and better near the LOS.  I think he can cover TEs and backs pretty decently and honestly Im only adding him here because he will make the team and Im sure they will put him out there at some point.

Adonis Alexander:  I would love to see this transition.  I just think he may be to big to play corner at a high level (I could be completly wrong) A 6'3 FS with his range gets me excited.  I love his body type for the position as well.  I REALLY hope we get him on the field more this season.

Josh Harvey-Clemons:  This guy can play, He is always around the ball and I think he has the speed to make the transition I also think he played FS in college.  This would keep him on the field more and make him very versatile on 3rd downs.  

Please feel free to merge/move comment and lets discuss!!

It's got to be Montae Nicholson, unless we draft somebody. He previously was productive in the scheme. Has the athleticism and size for the position. If he can pull it together, could possibly be an impact player as we expected him to be last year. I still think our ideal FS isn't on the roster. 

Also, could Josh Norman play FS as he slows down a little?

On 4/18/2019 at 1:07 AM, NeverSurrender said:

Montae Nicholson:  So there are character issues now, with the beat down but his play on the field didnt seem to far off from HA HA.  I didnt see him get burned a whole lot, however, he didnt make many plays.  Overall not hearing his name called that much while playing in the secondary cant be to bad.  He also has Elite closing speed and length. 

The real truth be told about Montae was that someone tried to rob him after leaving World of Beer at his car.  The "victim" approached him at his car and told him to give up his gold chain.  Montae went after the guy who jumped in a car, then Montae chased him down and beat his ass!  

Now that's immature but not something most type A males wouldn't do.  Hopefully he gets back and gets a second chance. 

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Nicholson has excellent communication skills.

They're just more physical than verbal.

I didn't like him at strong, so definitely not gonna like him at free.  I think he's average until proven otherwise, a could be good.  DRC is better, can't play around with this, imo, its almost destiny to extend his career that way.

49 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Montae was never at Strong 

Think i was just used to Swearinger being better and seemingly being asked to do more that i thought he was FS.  Either way, nfl.com has Montae list as SS, redskins.com as just S, and he still got benched leading to trade for Ha-Ha. Pass.

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I didn't like him at strong, so definitely not gonna like him at free.  I think he's average until proven otherwise, a could be good.  DRC is better, can't play around with this, imo, its almost destiny to extend his career that way.

Montae is likely depth at this point and probably not a lock to be on this roster imo. 

Archived