2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

16 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

# 1 Rated GM in 2019 huh!?

Lets Go for Back 2 Back 

Just win Baby...
The results speak for themselves. 

Would like to switch with someone In the top 10

I will take the mantle of being commish in exchange for being the Redskins.. if it’s possible HMU...

No objection here. Perfectly reasonable request considering the work involved. Thanks Cowboy-Killa!

I have to admit I have mixed feelings. In a vacuum it seems like an Ok idea. My concern is that does not seem to be very fair to people who want participate but just do not have time to be the commissioner. They will never be able to be the Redskins commissioner. The goal was for everyone to have the change to be Redskins Gm at least once since we left those out who had already been Redskins GM.

But maybe that's OK. It is a beast of a job to be commissioner. Then it also begs the question what if there are multiple people who want to be commissioner but only if they are Redskins GM. How do we handle that? 

I am of course just one person. So if the majority feel one way or the other I can understand and will gladly go along. I like this exercise too much to not participate over a rules disagreement unless we start trading players - then I am out for sure 🙂  

It was just a thought to get things rolling...Ive participated a few times in the draft and I honestly have no idea how the "random" thing works in regard to being the Skins, not like I had my hopes up for being selected to be the Skins any time soon. Being commish is quite a commitment. I luckily run my own biz, so I can fit it in. I won't be perfect thats for sure, but I will try my best and make it happen, if approved. Even if I'm not the Skins or commish, I will participate. Was just throwing out a possible Win Win for everyone, except for those that are really invested heavily on the possibility that this was their year to be Skins GM...

14 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

It was just a thought to get things rolling...Ive participated a few times in the draft and I honestly have no idea how the "random" thing works in regard to being the Skins, not like I had my hopes up for being selected to be the Skins any time soon. Being commish is quite a commitment. I luckily run my own biz, so I can fit it in. I won't be perfect thats for sure, but I will try my best and make it happen, if approved. Even if I'm not the Skins or commish, I will participate. Was just throwing out a possible Win Win for everyone, except for those that really invested heavily on the possibility that this was their year to be Skins GM...

Again i like the idea to some extent and either way this goes and i greatly appreciate you making the offer. Commish is a big commitment. And no one is perfect - no one. I sure was not 🙂  

I just want to make sure it's something everyone wants to do. Again, I am only one person. I will clearly go along with the majority. Was just throwing some other thoughts out there. We have a few weeks before we need to decide so I will hoping some of the long time participants weigh in. 

If we think about dates, working backwards, last year we started the draft March 29th. The real draft started April 25th. While it always looks like we might not get done we always find a way. This year the real draft starts April 23rd. So I would suggest starting this year on march 20th to make sure there is time. That means a roster lock down March 19th. 

Once someone agrees to be commish it take about 3 weeks to prepare. You have to see what GMs from last year want to play again - that's about a week. Then you need to fill out the 31 teams - if you are Redskins GM it's all 32. That typically takes at least a week. 

At this point if no one else expresses some concern I say you go with it. Call it say Feb 21st? Maybe send a PM to all the previous GMs and ask their input to the change. That way no one comes back to play thinking they have a chance for Redskins Gm only to find out the rules have changed. 

Again I am just throwing things out there. Would like to hear others thoughts. 

Just now, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@goskins10 Was it you last year? sorry my memory on the board stuff is pretty bad. If it was you, I would totally need and appreciate your help in getting set up with everything, pointers, suggestions, Templates and the like.  I guess we'll cross that bridge if its what everyone decides/wants... Just keep me posted...Thank You.

Yes it was me. And we can share notes. We can do it through PMs. 

I'll try to run the Rams again, unless someone new wants to join the game.

I think it's fair to have the commish/Redskins GM tie-in. Might be a good selling point going forward, since running the whole mock draft is a job. If multiple players want the responsibility, just select the same way the Redskins GM was done before. Simple and fair all the way around, I think.

I'll need to have a think on this year as I have a proper heavy schedule right now. 

On the one hand, I could do with a break from drafting. (I don't believe there's any half-way here. You either go all in to do it properly or not at all. You can't half-ass it and the dedication it takes to go all in people who don't draft wouldn't believe. At least that's my approach anyway.). 

On the other, I've been scouting for a good while's now. Half in prep. Half through force of habit having been with you crazy btards since the get-go. 

Let me give it some serious thought. 

One thing though. Ala the one year I pulled the 'Skins, I'd only be giving the Cowboys up as a 'one year deal' if I don't participate this term and would naturally want them back in 2021. WAY too much invested to just flip teams this far in as I'm sure everyone, along with whoever this years Comish is, will wholeheartedly understand. 

Hail. 

*Sidenote* Having been the Commish three drafts back (? I lose count), and knowing full well just HOW mentally draining it is doing that ALONG with taking care of your own draft, I fully endorse the Commish/ Redskins GM idea if that's what the Commissioner at that time wants. With the obvious caveat of any Commish who's had the Redskins before forfeiting the right and the usual 'Skins selection process coming into effect. 

Seems a fair reward for the task of taking on running this madness, 

I was skins last year as I won the random raffle. Womt be participating this year but @Gibbs Hog Heaven your input is needed lol. All the comments on picks gives it the kiper/mcshay feedback lol. I support cowboy killer as commish/skins. I mean granted I think it's a little childish (in a loose way) hey I'll be commish if I can be skins but if I cant be skins then I wont be commish...like a pout cause cant get your way but I'm not too deep on this thought. I think it is fair to a degree and am not moved either way so if commish Being skins gets yalls ball rollin then roll tide. 

Archived