Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 ES GMs Mock Draft - Final!

goskins10

With the #242 pick in the ES Mock Draft and our last, the LA Chargers select Malik Gant S Marshall. 

This guy hits like a MAC truck and will be a demon on special teams with a chance to start at safety down the line. 

I'm still half asleep and away on holiday but will do a review of my picks some day soon 😛 Thanks all, had fun once again. Didn't do as much prep as last year but my knowledge has definitely increased on the rookies. Chur. 

EP-190108803.jpg

With the 243rd pick of the 2019 ES GMs Mock NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select ASHTON DULIN, wide receiver out of Malone College. 

Dulin, a long time fan of the Steelers, is now, the first and last player ever selected out of Malone College as the program has recently shut down. While he played at a lower level of competition, he absolutely dominated and we believe he has the talent and drive to become an excellent NFL receiver/return man. 

Quick summarize for @goskins10 and everyone to keep up to date:

236: Kavontae Turpin, WR/KR, TCU for Seahawks

237: Chase Hansen, ILB, Utah for Broncos

238: Rodney Anderson, RB, Oklahoma for Raiders

239: Natrez Patrick, LB, Georgia for Raiders

240: Sutton Smith, Edge, Northern Illinois for Colts

241: Alexander Mattison, RB, Boise State for Jaguars

242: Malik Gant, S, Marshall for Chargers

243: Ashton Dulin, WR, Malone for Steelers

Which leaves it at 11 picks left in this Mock.

Great job all, except @Owls0325 :D

920x920.jpg

This place definately lacked boobs this year...

Some of you should stop evaluating prospects and focus on what's important...

With the next pick, the New Orleans Saints select, Joshua Miles, OT, Morgan State.

Miles (6'5/314) missed the 2017 season due to academics but played extremely well in 2018 and tested off the charts. He posted the best vertical jump among offensive lineman since 2003 with a 36-inch leap. Brugler notes that Miles has an "intriguing mix of size, feet, and length (35 5/8 inch arms)" and projects as either a tackle or guard. Miles is a developmental Day 3 prospect at this point.

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Great job all, except @Owls0325 :D

I am going to prove you wrong by attempting to draft two future all-pro players with my last 2 picks in the 7th. If I'm lucky enough maybe they might also be entering the Hall of Fame in about 15 years. 

However just having a rethink about it, I'm not sure how likely all that is to happen but all I can do is hope that I hit the jackpot not once but twice

@Skinsinparadise Are on the clock 

@duffy Are on deck 

The Miami Dolphins take Tony Pollard, RB-WR, Memphis.  A swiss army knife on offense.  He's more a RB IMO than a WR but he could do both and is an excellent kick returner.  He seems like a fringe 7th rounder, UDFA in the mocks I saw.  So if we do one of those post draft exercises where we gain points or lose points based on draft status -- this dude might be a loser for me.  But I don't care.  I liked what I saw from him at the senior bowl among other things. 😀

From Bob McGinn's talking to scouts

UNSUNG HERO

Tony Pollard, RB-WR-KR, Memphis: Possibly the best kickoff returner in the draft with seven touchdowns and a 30.1 average. Played both running back and slot receiver, rushing for 941 yards and catching 104 passes. Registered 13 tackles on special teams. Ran a great 40 at pro day (4.42).

@duffy is on the clock

@goskins10 on deck

42 minutes ago, Owls0325 said:

I am going to prove you wrong by attempting to draft two future all-pro players with my last 2 picks in the 7th. If I'm lucky enough maybe they might also be entering the Hall of Fame in about 15 years.  

However just having a rethink about it, I'm not sure how likely all that is to happen but all I can do is hope that I hit the jackpot not once but twice

That's how Jags are supposed to draft:

Blindly-Throwing-Darts.jpg

Or like this:

_104243282_capture.jpg

But definately not:

20130327_jel_ay3_041.0.jpg

I do have a reputation as Jaguars' GM. You're not supposed to screw it by doing great...

With the 248th pick in the 2019 ES Mock Draft. The Tennesse Titans select....

James Williams, RB, Washington St.

1552599148_JamesWilliams.thumb.jpg.63c398617ff2444f4873041c57c39bcb.jpg

The Titans had 3 choices in this spot and as we do not speak of undrafted players they will be left to the imagination.

Williams is a back with some intriguing receiving skills and was too good to pass up. With Henry as the undoubted bruiser, Dion Lewis has been lackluster as a 3rd down back and the 83-613-4 receiving numbers combined with 560 yard rushing with 12 TD's, 4.6 per carry, Williams is a welcome addition to a backfield designed to take the load off of Mariota, you know the 5th year QB this franchise's future rests on.

The Titans would also like to extend the option of any team that does not feel like finishing their draft, we will give you a 7th rounder from 2020 for you remaining 7th round pick 

LOL!!!!

18 minutes ago, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

With the 248th pick in the 2019 ES Mock Draft. The Tennesse Titans select....

James Williams, RB, Washington St.

1552599148_JamesWilliams.thumb.jpg.63c398617ff2444f4873041c57c39bcb.jpg

The Titans had 3 choices in this spot and as we do not speak of undrafted players they will be left to the imagination.

Williams is a back with some intriguing receiving skills and was too good to pass up. With Henry as the undoubted bruiser, Dion Lewis has been lackluster as a 3rd down back and the 83-613-4 receiving numbers combined with 560 yard rushing with 12 TD's, 4.6 per carry, Williams is a welcome addition to a backfield designed to take the load off of Mariota, you know the 5th year QB this franchise's future rests on.

The Titans would also like to extend the option of any team that does not feel like finishing their draft, we will give you a 7th rounder from 2020 for you remaining 7th round pick 

LOL!!!!

After the draft we typically post the top 3 to 5 URFA targets.  Feel Free to do that once 254 is in the books. 

After being told by @Wildbunny about the history of managing the Jacksonville Jaguars the front office have decided to change it's draft strategy with immediate effect and look back to what made us so successful in the past with @Wildbunny at the helm 

Without further ado, the Jacksonville Jaguars have selected at #249...

Mitch Wishnowsky UTAH P

image.png.01ad34a19646f8419d80db9ffb855aa1.png

This helps to fill a position of need along as help to go along with the new draft strategy that has been made up on the spot by giving the Raiders with Gruden at the helm a quick call to gain some advice on how to go about a successful draft day of guessing your way through the draft.

Hopefully after this selection my Jaguars GM post won't end up being a short term appointment 

2019 ES Mock Draft Summary: Denver Broncos

1 - 10 - Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio St

2 - 41 - Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn St

3 - 71 - Michael Jordan, C/G, Ohio St

4 - 125 - Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

5 - 148 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama

5 - 156 - Jaquon Johnson, S, Miami

6 - 182 - DaMarkus Lodge, WR, Ole Miss

7 - 237 - Chase Hansen, LB/SS, Utah

The Broncos are pleased with their draft haul for 2019.  They didn't end up trading up or down, but felt things fell in to place for them to get good value at their spots. 

Their objectives were simple:

(1) address many areas of need: future QB, zone blocking OL, WR, CB, SS, and depth DL and ILB.  

(2) get players that fit the new schemes: Vic Fangio's defense and Rich Scangarello's West Coast / zone blocking offense

(3) "Play the hand they are dealt" to maximize value: Be open to trading up/down, or stay put to draft a player they covet

The Broncos were happy with the way the draft unfolded, as BPA met need consistently throughout the draft, which led to not pursuing trade opportunities. 

The two selections that stand out:

1- 10   Haskins, while Lock was still on the board.  Taking a QB was the right call, but let the Haskins vs Lock debate continue.  I feel this is a flip of the coin for who turns out to be the better NFL QB, and I hope they are both on the board IRL at #10 so we can see what Elway decides.  Would not surprise me one bit to see him take Lock, as that seems to be a pretty consistent narrative during the pre-draft process.

4 - 125  Love, which is on the early side compared to many mocks out there.  Since that selection was made, reports have come out about his "stiff" knee not responding well to surgery.  If there is any reason to believe he is having setbacks that could jeopardize his explosiveness, then this is way too early to take Love, and I would completely expect the Broncos to go in a different direction, especially considering Lindsay / Freeman are decent options.  

Bottom line, the Broncos are a team in transition.  They have a new head coach, and many players from their Super Bowl team have moved on.  Even the "young players" from the SB team that remain, like E Sanders, C Harris, etc, are on the downslope of their careers.  The Broncos need to turn an aging roster with a lot of holes to a young, talented roster with improved depth, and that wasn't happening in one offseason.  This draft will not put them back to a team expected to make the playoffs, but it adds a solid crop of young talent.  For a team that needs a few solid drafts to get back to where they need to be, this was a solid start.

Thank you to all, this was pretty cool.  Shout out to @goskins10 and @Skinsinparadise for all their time and effort, and to all the GMs and the info provided with each pick.  It was a fun way to learn more about the prospects.  I look forward to trying to come up creative arguments as to why the Broncos did the best in the 2019 ES Mock Draft:cheers:

Archived