Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

8 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

These pie charts/percentages they show on the infield are almost as lame as the oven mitts players wear when they run the bases.

Oven mitts protect your fingers when sliding into bases. Couple years ago, the Nats lost 3 players to thumb injuries doing that, they started wearing those.

13 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Oven mitts protect your fingers when sliding into bases. Couple years ago, the Nats lost 3 players to thumb injuries doing that, they started wearing those.

I know why they wear them. Just looks ridiculous. But not as ridiculous as these Myrtle Beach Softball defensive shifts. Man, they need to outlaw those yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

@Momma There Goes That Man

Do you have one of those cool Yankees letterman jackets? 

Too rich for my blood. 

I actually only own one piece of sports apparel that I bought which is a Yankees hat. I’m not even a hat guy but I wear it sometimes to work out or golf. I have a ST21 jersey, an ARod Jersey (my wife loves him wtf? I asked for Mariano), and a VT #5 jersey (bought when Tyrod played) that were all gifted to me by my wife. 

I bought a RG3 jersey too but since I’m cheap I bought a crappy Chinese knockoff which kinda worked out cuz I didn’t feel bad and was only out $20 when I tossed it in the garbage a couple years later.

the hat is the only thing I wear out in public. I’m just not big on sports clothing. It’s just as well because the yankees sure as **** don’t need my money while the Hokies and Redskins don’t deserve my money 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Even though I sort of don't like the Nationals, I must say I love seeing the Dodgers lose. I hate LA teams, hate Dodgers fans, hate their blind superiority. Clayton Kershaw is one of the most overrated pitchers of our generation. If you can't get it done in clutch time aka the playoffs then you aren't one of the greats. Obviously dude is really good in the regular season, but I'll always remember him as that dude who couldn't get it done.

They showed a stat last night of highest ERAs in elimination games. Tim Wakefield was the highest, then Kershaw, then Clemens, then Pedro Martinez, then Scherzer. Some really good pitchers up there, surprising to see. The added pressure of the playoffs makes a difference.

Edited by abdcskins

On 10/10/2019 at 7:28 AM, abdcskins said:

Even though I sort of don't like the Nationals, I must say I love seeing the Dodgers lose. I hate LA teams, hate Dodgers fans, hate their blind superiority. Clayton Kershaw is one of the most overrated pitchers of our generation. If you can't get it done in clutch time aka the playoffs then you aren't one of the greats. Obviously dude is really good in the regular season, but I'll always remember him as that dude who couldn't get it done.

Yeah, we had one in post season... Harper

I think if the Yankees win this, part of it will be because the Astros weren't able to line up their rotation.  Yankees swept the Twins and had some time to line theirs up the way they wanted to.  Greinke is like Kershaw, great in the regular season but the postseason is a different story with those two.  Not being able to start Cole until Game 3 might be too late if Verlander doesn't come up huge tomorrow.

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

yankees got screwed on a horrendous called strike 3 to end their half of the inning

Astros hit a walk off homer on the very first pitch of their half

cold game

But pitch before they said Sanchez fouled the ball off, but he missed by a good foot.

Make up call.

• Like 1