Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

• 2 weeks later...

I remember hearing this in the 90s. I think it was Greg Maddux who said it then. Whether the balls were juiced then or not, the players were most certainly juiced and every one was ignoring it. I've always believed pitchers were juicing as well, but other than a handful of guys you couldn't really tell as easily as with batters blasting home runs. Even pitchers who weren't using it, they were benefiting from teammates who were juicing. I think a lot of people wanted to believe Maddux because it kept people from talking about the obvious of the juiced players. It wouldn't surprise me if the same thing is going on now.

Having said that, what does it matter if MLB is changing the baseballs? If the same balls are being used for all teams, then it's not giving an advantage to one team over another. I feel the same way when players complain about balls flying out of certain ballparks. If both teams are playing with the same set of rules, then the game is fair for both teams. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

Having said that, what does it matter if MLB is changing the baseballs? If the same balls are being used for all teams, then it's not giving an advantage to one team over another. I feel the same way when players complain about balls flying out of certain ballparks. If both teams are playing with the same set of rules, then the game is fair for both teams. 

Scherzer said the exact same response about the balls.

His solution? Doesn't go very far if it's in the catcher's mitt.

3 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Freddie Freeman micd at the plate vs Verlander was awesome. They should mic a lot of the players and tell them to think out loud during their AB.

Good stuff, and less Joe Buck. 

Everybody wins.

The best part of the mic'd up players was when Buck was trying to talk to Lindor and Lindor was ignoring him talking to everyone else on the field. That was a picture of how America reacts when Joe Buck speaks. Just ignore him like he's not even talking. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

The best part of the mic'd up players was when Buck was trying to talk to Lindor and Lindor was ignoring him talking to everyone else on the field. That was a picture of how America reacts when Joe Buck speaks. Just ignore him like he's not even talking. 

Seriously. Joe Buck sucks. There are so many better play-by-play guys: Jon Miller should be the successor to Vin Scully as the Voice of Baseball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Seriously. Joe Buck sucks. There are so many better play-by-play guys: Jon Miller should be the successor to Vin Scully as the Voice of Baseball.

I completely agree, although I’m biased since I grew up listening to Miller on the radio. When I was sent to bed as a kid, I would turn my radio to WTOP and listen to the Orioles as I went to sleep. Whenever we were in the car, we’d have the game on. Then in the 90s, he was the voice of Sunday night baseball which became the game of the week at that time. When I was in college, those games were always must see TV. The man is a legend and a top 5 all time baseball announcer. The fact that he’s not still on nationally is a travesty. Maybe he doesn’t want to have to do it anymore and he’s enjoying the easy life in San Francisco. Vin Scully is undoubtedly the best living baseball voice and in my opinion Miller is second. 

• Like 1