Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The alliance of American football

redskinss

3 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

NFL Europe was a good idea. They should have done it here in the US.

32 NFL teams with 8 minor league teams. 4 NFL teams share a regional spring league team where they send a handful of players to. Also, like 25% are unsigned/walk-on types. 7 games. Everyone plays each other once. Then 2 rounds of playoffs. Rotate where the home games are between the teams that are feeding that minor league one.

Start 2 weeks after the Superbowl.

I think this is the ultimate vision for AAF... 

20 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Hopefully. I enjoyed watching some NFL Europe. Looking for the guys with the Skins logo to show what NFL team they were from. Then just rooting for them. 

Yeah, Polian was asked where he saw the league in 10 years and he said (paraphrasing), that a lot of the rosters would be built with practice squad, or lower tier 53 man type players who are playing in the AAF to develop skills as pro ball players.  

Trent Richardson, 6 TDs, 2.5 YPC

"Every game for me and every play, you know is really like, 'I gotta get this. I gotta have this,'" Richardson said in a postgame CBS Sports Network interview. "It's fourth and 1 for me every play. So that's how I look at it."

Maybe it should be like, fourth and 4 every play.  🙂

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018779/article/trent-richardson-iron-run-roughshod-over-legends

On 2/25/2019 at 4:54 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Is there an XFL thread? Jim zorn officially named Seattle’s head coach/GM. Had his press conference today. Should be fun to see how he messes this coaching gig up this time 😂

Yes.  Here...

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I honestly forgot it was even a thing.  Don't think I watched one complete game.  Is the season over?

Two more weekends of games, then 2 games on Easter for the playoffs, then the championship game Saturday April 27th, being played at the cowboys practice facility (was supposed to be in Vegas).

only way i know any of this though is because i was talking about the AAF today with a friend 

Edit: actually, just saw on Twitter that it might not even last until the final 4 weekend 😂😂😂 wow 

hmm, I thought it was doing well enough that CBS was gonna pick up an extra game... kinda disappointing tbh, i watched a few games and it was OK.

EDIT:  The cancellation rumors have to do with the principle investor trying to pressure the NFL players union into allowing practice squad players to play for the AAF in the off season... so its not necessarily a finance issue.

Accoring to Wikipedia, its all up to the new defactor owner who 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Dundon#Alliance_of_American_Football

On February 25, 2019, Dundon clarified his previous statements, stating that he had not invested $250 million in the AAF but had set up a line of credit of sorts for up to $250 million, which would only be fully expended if the league pursued an aggressive expansion strategy (earlier reports stated Dundon was specifically interested in an AAF team for Raleigh, North Carolina).[9] Reports at the same time noted that Dundon reserved the right to end his investment at any time.[10][11] Dundon's first publicly visible move as AAF chairman was to move the AAF's championship to the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, after meeting with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and negotiating the change in venue. The game had already been scheduled for Sam Boyd Stadium in Nevada, and ticket refunds had to be issued for those who already bought tickets for the game.[12] Dundon according to a press release sees the AAF becoming a "complementary developmental league for the NFL".[13]

I've been catching some of the games here and then, though not as much as before.

I think they would either need to expand or call it quits.  Eight teams isn't enough to maintain fan's interest.

Archived