Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I thought the Redskins were already providing dramatic national entertainment year-round, as it is, without Hard Knocks.

Oh they do but hard knocks would probably make it so much better. And also as private as Bruce tries to make the organization you know he would absolutely hate having all the cameras around the building because he’d be powerless to hide from it or stop it 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  I'd rather have them look outside of the organization If they wanted another DC and Manusky is fired.  But if they are staying inside, I'd rather have Horton as the DC.  

As time goes by and hearing nothing on Zampese, I'm guessing he won't be hired as QB coach.  Maybe O' Connell handles that job.  The Pats OC handles both jobs.

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Please, not Rob Ryan as DC to replace Manusky.

Does anyone remember the fact that it was the REDSKINS who got him fired for his atrocious defense at New Orleans ?

I remember that day. Matt Jones and everybody ran all over the Saints, and the next day Ryan was gone.

Is this why he was hired? Because Jay could interview him and say "you made my offense look good"

37 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yep.  I'd rather have them look outside of the organization If they wanted another DC and Manusky is fired.  But if they are staying inside, I'd rather have Horton as the DC.  

As time goes by and hearing nothing on Zampese, I'm guessing he won't be hired as QB coach.  Maybe O' Connell handles that job.  The Pats OC handles both jobs.

Except in New England they have Tom Brady.  Having a QB coach for Tom Brady is pointless, because whos gonna teach the best ever how to play his own position?  

That has no relationship to what every other team should do.

I'm actually alright with this hire. As a DC, not thanks, but as ILB coach I'll take it. I'd suggest, even though he's been out of work for a couple of seasons he could be perceived as being marginally over qualified for such a 'limited' coaching role. 

Certainly got some big voices on D. Maybe we'll restore some authority in the building.

I also found this.   Lazor spent four seasons with the Washington Redskins, two of which were spent as the quarterbacks coach for legendary head coach Joe Gibbs. During the 2004 and 2005 seasons, Lazor served as an offensive assistant

Albert Breer

Verified account

@AlbertBreer
Follow Follow @AlbertBreer
More
The Redskins interviewed ex-Bengals OC Bill Lazor for their QBs coach job on Tuesday, sources said. So the team is planning to backstop new OC Kevin O'Connell with someone taking on his old position

Not that I think any assistant coach is the be all and end all but Pleasant is an example of the new Redskins way to go at coaches and that is be cheap.  I am gathering its Bruce's influence.  I recall at the time part of the narrative was the Redskins wanted Pleasant but at a bargain price -- Rams were willing to pay to get their man. 

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Except in New England they have Tom Brady.  Having a QB coach for Tom Brady is pointless, because whos gonna teach the best ever how to play his own position?  

That has no relationship to what every other team should do.

I used him an example.  You have other quarterbacks that are on your team besides Tom Brady.

Archived