Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

We also couldnt foresee Kendrick putting up consistent all-star production whenever he was in the lineup

Another surprise year from someone else would go a long way to offsetting the loss of Rendon

Having Howie Kendrick come in and have that kind of a season was pure baseball magic.  He gave us that big third bat at the best possible time.

You guys are right that having Soto completely cushioned us from the loss of Harper.  Our outfield is so good.  It has all of the right ingredients.  Our pitching staff looks really good.  I love Trea Turner.  If anyone is positioned to step up and replace Rendon's leadership and value, I think it's him.  There is a universe where he stays healthy and hits that next level and becomes our best position player next season.

Robles is a good candidate for natural improvement too.

I guess Keiboom is the big key to replacing Rendon, like Soto was for Harper.  I don't really expect him to be anywhere close to as good as Rendon or Soto were last year.  But we can hope that he's at least pretty good.  He's big and talented and versatile, and he seems like a good personality fit.  I'm hoping he can win the job and hold down the fort at third next season.  We've had a good track record of developing these top prospects into good major leaguers.

• Like 2

@stevemcqueen1 Good stuff.  Talking about Kieboom, he’s only 22 years old.   When Rendon was 22 I’m pretty sure he was still in college.  Then he struggled in the minors batting .233 his first season in A/AA.  Josh Donaldson batted .156 in 32 AB’s @ age 24.  Kieboom wasn’t ready to step into a large roll last season @ 21 years of age.  He struggled.  That doesn’t mean he hasn’t put in the work to make major strides this season.  There’s a reason he’s rated fairly high on the prospect rankings. 

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Kieboom? Break out offensive performance from Robles? Fully healthy year from Trea?

I'm on the Robles train for this season. He's only going to get better. 

Also, a full season of Trea would add an extra WAR or two. 

• Like 1

Disappointed they havent given him a lifetime contract yet

Not sure whats the holdup

The latest nats talk podcast was really good. Todd dybas was interviewing doolittle about something else and broke the news to him that hudson re-signed. The sincere excitement in doolittle's voice just further solidified how real he is. He also mentioned about trying to sell the team to donaldson, they got a connection to when they played together in oakland

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 3

On 1/7/2020 at 3:41 PM, StillUnknown said:

Disappointed they havent given him a lifetime contract yet

Not sure whats the holdup

The latest nats talk podcast was really good. Todd dybas was interviewing doolittle about something else and broke the news to him that hudson re-signed. The sincere excitement in doolittle's voice just further solidified how real he is. He also mentioned about trying to sell the team to donaldson, they got a connection to when they played together in oakland

If Epstein ever gets fired in Chicago, I sadly think Rizzo will be all but gone.

2 hours ago, skinswillwin06 said:

If Epstein ever gets fired in Chicago, I sadly think Rizzo will be all but gone.

Epstein ain’t getting fired.  That’s for sure.  Rizzo didn’t sign his last extension until right before the regular season started.  Here’s to hoping they hash out a long term extension this time.  Promote him even further, give him stock in the team.  ****, something!

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thought I remembered some ped rumblings about him. Good signing, though

He had a scorching hot first half of a season when he played for the Brewers a few years ago after spending a few years in Korea.  He got off to a ridiculous start, was the hottest hitter in baseball and mashing homers left and right and that's where the rumblings came from.  Pretty sure he hit more homers in the first month of the season than he'd ever hit in the MLB before going to Korea or something like that.  But he mashed in Korea, pretty sure he won an MVP over there and set records.  So maybe he figured something out over there, got hooked up with a good hitting coach.

He looks like he had a good season last year, I like this signing for the Nats.  

• Like 2

Reading more into the Donaldson situation, I'm refusing to give up on a deal. Apparently the Nats are still the highest bidder and the Braves and Twins aren't budging. Maybe the Dodgers go in, but they won't offer him the years he wants. 

We may come out of this with a pretty good deal if the standoff continues. 

29 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Reading more into the Donaldson situation, I'm refusing to give up on a deal. Apparently the Nats are still the highest bidder and the Braves and Twins aren't budging. Maybe the Dodgers go in, but they won't offer him the years he wants. 

We may come out of this with a pretty good deal if the standoff continues. 

I agree. JD can wait it out, just like Harp and Machado did last year, and wait for the best deal to materialize. 

I don’t think the Nats will get a good deal, but the may get a manageable one. 

I’ve always been a numbers guy.  #21 was my number all the way up until collegiately.  Being a guy who was stuck on my number I wonder since Eric Thames wore #7 in Milwaukee & Turner Wears that number here and won’t be giving it up, I was kinda hoping Thames opts for 34, the old 3+4=7 lol #HarperWho?

Edited by -JB-

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I absolutely not a fan of these jereseys. Where is the curly W

I like these a lot more than the white jersey with the curly W.  Great alternate jerseys.  It’s not like they’re going away from the traditional curly W jerseys.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1