Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Are they just not selling replica navy blue jerseys?  My buddy has been looking for one since the early first round, and I've searched for him as well and just haven't seen anything anywhere.  With the streak they have going on I'd think they would make a killing on those things.

Hello, dum dums. I'm in Houston.

Here's the deal with Houston fans. First of all, all of you are assholes too. All fans are. Deal with it.

Secondly, imagine if the 76ers announced The Process in 2014 and were in the NBA Finals within 3 years. That's kinda sorta what happened here.

I moved here in 2009. By 2011, the team was openly tanking and explaining exactly why they were tanking. The Astros actually have a pretty strong local fanbase. Baseball is huge in Texas. Baseball is huge among Latinos. The Astrodome was super cool in the 70s. Nolan Ryan literally lives here. The Bagwell/Biggo teams were good. Hence, the fans have affection for the team.

During the three truly miserable tanking years, everyone was told to have patience, and they largely did. And it worked perfectly. This is easily the best team in baseball over the past three years and should be good for three more. So, it's one of those deals where the fans and the front office made and agreement, and the Front Office kept their end 100 percent. Houston was told in 2011 to stick with us and we'll be in the World Series by the end of the decade. And they won in '17, feel like they should have won in '18, and are favored to win in '19.

2018 also plays a big part in this. That was as frustrating a season as 103 win season can ever be. It's weird to win 103 games and be bitterly disappointed that you didn't win 115. And the Red Sox were just infuriating that year. It was a year where seemingly every coin flip went the Red Sox way and none of them went the Astros way.

So, this year is a bit like the Warriors season following the loss to the Cavs. This feels like a team that should be going for its third straight World Series title with hopes for two more. Instead, it still needs that second to really plant its flag as an all-time great team - which I think it is. So, everyone is a little desperate. Also, after dealing with the Red Sox, Dodgers, and Yankees over three post-seasons, the Nationals feel like a letdown - even though it's a really great team. Again, it's a deal where you have spent six of the past seven playoff series dealing with the elite of the elite....and now here's the Nats standing in the way.

Also, Washington people are just the worst.

True story: my first weekend in Houston after moving from DC, I came home and told my wife, "We have to move. I can't take it here." She asked why. I explained that every person I dealt with in every store and restaurant was friendly and tried to have a conversation with me. It made me incredibly uncomfortable.

• Haha 1

Turner returning from the IL with his broken finger half-healed saved the season. 5 months later it still hurts him to hit a baseball (as you can hear in this vid). Guessing he ends up having surgery shortly after the season ends.

What a warrior. The team owes him everything. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

True story: my first weekend in Houston after moving from DC, I came home and told my wife, "We have to move. I can't take it here." She asked why. I explained that every person I dealt with in every store and restaurant was friendly and tried to have a conversation with me. It made me incredibly uncomfortable.

alens.jpg

5 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Cabrera @ 2B & Howie DH was expected.  Zimm sliding to 7th in the order & Robles 9th you have to really like.

Ladies and gents, it’s really happening and about to go down.  

No matter what, stay in the fight to the bitter end, see you all on the other side,

let’s ****ing go.

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Coffee: consumed

Scherzer jersey: on

Lucky bottle of Jim Beam: standing by

LETS GO BOYS 

I’m about to go out and buy a big ass can of Red Bull so I can run through a ****ing wall like Mad Max!!!!

Spoiler

8EDCD8B4-B91C-412D-8719-7F7B6B1B70DB.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Profanity laden imagery!

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Turner returning from the IL with his broken finger half-healed saved the season. 5 months later it still hurts him to hit a baseball (as you can hear in this vid). Guessing he ends up having surgery shortly after the season ends.

What a warrior. The team owes him everything. 

Awesome video, but ya, makes me cringe when he says "this is gonna hurt but here we go". He's definitely warrior. Huge props to him

• Like 1