Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

3 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

zim, stras, scherzer, and rendon have all been around for multiple failures

I know you’re only pointing out the reality/continuing the conversation but can we not focus on the negative for just a short 12 hr window?

How about we call them “moments that prepared them for success right here, right now”

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 2

Just now, stoshuaj said:

I know you’re only pointing out the reality/continuing the conversation but can we not focus on the negative for just a short 12 hr window?

How about we call them “moments that prepared them for right here, right now”

haha yes, my bad my bad. moving on

TONIGHTS THE NIGHT! To further the other points, i'm way more excited than nervous for tonight. i also think the guys will have some fun tonight

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I've got a wild turkey ready to go. But killing it might actually kill me. 

I'll definitely make a dent. 

Help a brother?

For some reason me and liquor and baseball don't mix.

Unless you're saying it's part of the voodoo ritual?  In that case I must.

I predict a pitchers duel.  Stras goes 7 giving up one run.  I'll say solo shot to Bellinger.  Buehler goes 6 also giving up one run high pitch count forces him to retire early.   Single run is the result of a double by Zimmerman which drives in Soto from first. In the 8th, Maeda is on the mound. Dodgers hoping to save Jansen for a save opportunity.  Nats pull ahead in the 8th on a pinch hit single by Cabrera which drives in Taylor who had stolen a base earlier on the inning.  8th inning ends with the Nats ahead 2-1.  In the bottom of the 8th, Nats call Doolittle.  Dodgers get runners but Doolittle gets out of a jam.  Jansen pitches the 9th, Nats are unable to extend the lead.   Bottom of the 9th, Hudson is called and shuts down the heart of the Dodgers order.  Elated Hudson is mobbed as the Nats fielders converge on pitchers mound and stream out of the dugout and bullpen.   Mostly depressed crowd slowly files out of Dodger stadium.  The few Nats fans are shown jumping up and down celebrating.