Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

If I lived in Pittsburgh I would go to a bunch of games. Best stadium I've been to.

I wished Nats park looked like that--and I like Nats Park. I would have loved if it faced the Anacostia--but I am not sure if it was able to face that direction with the sun potentially in batter's eyes?

Funny thing. If you google Nats Park on google maps, they're setting up for the Winter Classic.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Real shame management's been doing a crummy job building a winning team. 

The Nats get **** for "never winning a series" but Pittsburgh has only played in one NLDS and lost. They haven't won a series since winning the 1979 WS.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

The Nats get **** for "never winning a series" but Pittsburgh has only played in one NLDS and lost. They haven't won a series since winning the 1979 WS.

The Padres have won 3 playoff series in 50 years and nothing in the last 2 decades.

The Reds haven't won a playoff series in over 20 years.

The Mariners haven't been to the playoffs in any capacity in 17 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

I read somewhere that Harper has stop following Caps players on Twitter?  Is that really reporting? If so, holy **** how terrible have thing sgone. 

Here's the article.  He dropped some Caps, but kept others.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/12/bryce-harper-has-stopped-following-bunch-caps-twitter-so-its-clearly-time-panic/?utm_term=.c04f6c76fa20

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Maybe we need a free agent cutoff datw or something.  It's insane.  And what about all the other free agents who aren't even getting a sniff right now?  

I don't know. Feels like some teams have huge payrolls. Others are trying a moneyball approach or a rebuild. Getting all those teams to collude wouldnt be beyond imagination. I think player values peaked also.