Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Supposedly, we'll have/had  a chance to match any offer.

I hope so.  I don't want him to leave.

EDIT:  I don't want him to leave, but only if it means they can keep Turner, Rendon, Soto, Robles and others.  If he walks and goes to Philly but the Nats end up re-signing the other guys, it'll be worth it.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I thought the Nats offered 10/300?  

Looks like Harper didn't wanna stay in Washington.

To be fair 10/300 got pulled back after FA started supposedly.  And it was 10/300 without opt outs (though, I don't think anyone will be opting out of 30 mil AAV in the near future, lol)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

To be fair 10/300 got pulled back after FA started supposedly.  And it was 10/300 without opt outs (though, I don't think anyone will be opting out of 30 mil AAV in the near future, lol)

Didn't know that it got pulled back.  But I can't imagine that the Nats would let the Phillies swipe him away like that without putting that offer back on the table.  If he was going somewhere like San Diego, fine.  But in the division?  Can't imagine they'd let him go.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Didn't know that it got pulled back.  But I can't imagine that the Nats would let the Phillies swipe him away like that without putting that offer back on the table.  If he was going somewhere like San Diego, fine.  But in the division?  Can't imagine they'd let him go.

I hope you're right

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I'm wondering if Boras' camp started leaking rumors this weekend because things had slowed down. Just today it went from Philly to talking to other teams again. Like "hey, you can still get in on this!" 

But then again how many front offices are looking at twitter to make their FA decisions?

23 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Getting an awful feeling about this year. Like hordes of those obnoxious moron Phillies fans flooding the Park. 

I loathe fairweather douchebag fans.

Being the favorites didn't work for us. Maybe being the underdogs will?

Bryce to the Oakland As confirmed....

• Like 1

Boob is parroting what another boob tweeted out earlier: Jim "Ralph" Bowden.

5 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Being the favorites didn't work for us. Maybe being the underdogs will?

Maybe. I just have a feeling that the dregs of the Philly fanbase are going to come out of the wood work and make going to games miserable.