Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

6 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

How bout Stras? 

He was lights on in the playoffs against the Cubs with his changeup a couple years ago. But last year seemed like a down year with more injuries. Needs to stay healthy and get feel for the changeup back.

I was thinking we might get a contract year bump from him aince he can opt out. Not so sure he opts out anymore after seeing the market

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Who is the player that you think will make or break the Nat's season and why?

Stephen Strasburg. He'll never be Matt Harvey, but his fastball is sitting at 92-93, rather than the 95, touching 98, he could be a middling, $25m 4th starter.

If he's on, pitching 175 IP at a 2.50 ERA, our rotation will dominate the division. The other contenders are 1-2 pitchers deep (until we see what the Braves have).

I thought about picking Corbin, but he will be fine. He dominated at Arizona, which is Coors Lite (see what I did there?) 

10 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Surprised nobody has said Dozier. 

Dozier is a good pick, but we have depth there--Kendrick, Kieboom the Greater, and to a mich lesser extent, Difo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reg. Stras, as good as Scherz has been there is still nothing like watching Stras when he has that A game on and is just mowing guys down. That Game 4 performance in Wrigley was awesome. If he can just give us that kind of play for a whole season...watch out. At the end of the day, pitching still wins.

• Like 3

Biggest takeaways from last night:

Eaton had absolutely no "hitch in his giddy up." He looked comfortable stealing second and scoring on a Soto single.

Ross looked good, good movement on his pitches.

Fantastic to see Aaron Barrett out on the mound, and everyone in the dugout watching and cheering him on.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Bryce signing with Philadelphia will cap off one of the worst winters in a long time for this city.

I tried real hard to be a bigger person, but it's just not in me.  I'm gonna have to root for him to suck like hell. 😭