Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

21 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Nothing to do with Harper. They wanted Robles and Soto for the future knowing they'd keep Harper or run with Eaton.

I don't necessarily agree.  

We'll never truly know unless we somehow sign Harper to a 10 year deal, which is highly unlikely given the other moves.  If he had signed initially, I agree that things may be different so even if he signs now, that doesn't mean things will be handled the same regarding the other players on the team... the dynamic has changed with the offseason moves we've already made. 

just thinking about it regarding contracts with Scherzer, Stras, Rendon, Turner, Soto, Robles... adding Harper to that changes things.  

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

Zimm better retire a Nat, never wearing another uni as long as he's a player.  The dude deserves everything he gets from us, and I'll truly be hurt to see him be traded or released.  The guy is absolutely the 1st person on Nats 'Mt Rushmore' and he'll be there forever imho.  

The hate Zimm gets from some Nats fans in unfathomable. He has been hurt, yes, but that's hardly his fault. When he's healthy, the guy hits. Since that much derided contract extension he's hit .278/.345/.482, averaging 119 games per season. He's really only had one terrible year (.642 OPS in 2016), which he followed with an outstanding .930 OPS. His fielding isn't good, but at 1st, it's passable.

Our face now, however, is Scherzer. He will be the 1st person in Cooperstown to don our Curly W.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

The hate Zimm gets from some Nats fans in unfathomable. He has been hurt, yes, but that's hardly his fault. When he's healthy, the guy hits. Since that much derided contract extension he's hit .278/.345/.482, averaging 119 games per season. He's really only had one terrible year (.642 OPS in 2016), which he followed with an outstanding .930 OPS. His fielding isn't good, but at 1st, it's passable.

Our face now, however, is Scherzer. He will be the 1st person in Cooperstown to don our Curly W.

Frank Robinson (granted he's in as a player and not a coach)

Pudge Rodriguez

Scherzer will likely be the first to play more games as a Nat than with any other franchise.... as much as i'd love to see Zimm there, i agree i don't think he makes it.  

26 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I saw the score and had to check the box. No idea who Hoover or Borque are. But they gave up a bunch of runs.

Hoover is a reclaimation project. Borque is a reliever prospect, who is highly regarded. He had a PB on a dropped third strike that lead to most of the runs....like Game 5...****ing Matt Wieners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Hoover is a reclaimation project. Borque is a reliever prospect, who is highly regarded. He had a PB on a dropped third strike that lead to most of the runs....like Game 5...****ing Matt Wieners.

From Federal Baseball

(#14) James Bourque, RHP

Ceiling: 45 Risk: High ETA: 2019 Role Description: Setup Relief

Ht/Wt: 6’4’’ / 190 lbs. B/T: R/R Highest Level: AA Age (as of April 1, 2019): 25y, 8m

Video | Spotlight

Bourque turned his career around by moving to the bullpen, jumping to Double-A after toiling for a few years as a starter in the lower-rungs of the system. The Nationals thought enough of his prospects as a reliever to add him to the 40-Man Roster after last season. Bourque’s fastball touches 96 mph and sits in the 92-to-94 mph range, showing late ride up in the zone. His power curveball flashes 55-grade action, and a firm changeup he toyed with during instructs looked capable of keeping lefties honest. Bourque could surface in Washington soon even if he begins next year in Triple-A.

• Like 1