Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

35 minutes ago, just654 said:

And when he gets booed at every start at Nats park besides maybe his first. I won’t say I told you so. 

he could have turn down the trade he had a full No trade clause. Yes I have a problem with a favorite player going to a division rival. With any of my teams. You put on at rival Jersey ur dead to me. Will that change after he retires more than likely yes. Resign with the dodgers he doesn’t need the money. But I will never understand chasing the money versus winning. 

You want Max to block the trade that the Nats were trying make?  Little perspective please....

If Max signing with the Mets is so abhorrent, nothing stopping the Nats from offering that same deal.  Unless he chose Mets over the Nats with both team putting up comparable offers, no one should begrudge him taking the best deal available.

10 hours ago, just654 said:

If Max goes to the Mets he is dead to me. In line with Harp.
Dude is a hero here. I understand it is a business but still.

Warhead already laid out the silliness regarding this ref Max but I’d like to add;

Harper?  You’re equating what Max did for this team to Harper?…….

Max is the girl that you enjoyed, respected and just grew apart from.

Harper is the gold digging drama queen who dumped your ass for the mulleted dip**** driving the ‘80s Camaro and ended up in a run down trailer park

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Anybody who boos Max at Nats Park will get pelted with hot dogs and $20 beer. 

Seriously. Max was traded, and has been extremely complimentary of DC since. Harper took the money and ran, trashing us on the way out.

Max is genuine, Harper is plastic. 

Harper has an easier to hate personality and ultimately didn't win anything here. Scherzer is arguably the greatest FA signing in MLB history and will be the first Curly Dub in Cooperstown.

There will be a few morons who boo him, I mean there were idiots who booed Tom Brady when he returned to Foxboro. But the reaction towards him should be nowhere near anything vile like what Harper got.

And anyone who tells a pro athlete to take less money is full of crap. Would YOU take less money for your job? An athlete's window to earn is only open for so long, you gotta maximize it while you can because once it shuts it shuts for good. Or would you rather the billionaire owners keep more money?

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not feelin the Harper hate in here, I was at his first game back in DC, I rooted against him but I didn't boo him.  Dude jus won his 2nd NL MVP, comparing him to trailer trash is weak and petty.

Philly is the trailer trash here...

But as for Max, good for him. But Jesus--130m over 3 years? Better hope he continues to age gracefully...and Gray and Ruiz better be studs (albeit, they were more the return for Turner than Max).

• Riggo#44 changed the title to 2021 Washington Nationals Thread: Good Luck Max, You'll Need It!

Look I might have been a little bit emotional about it yesterday. But this one will hurt. He will get booed at Nats park. I was convinced he was the first curly W in Cooperstown. I am not convinced of that anymore. He can go in with a blank Hat, it has happened before.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, just654 said:

Look I might have been a little bit emotional about it yesterday. But this one will hurt. He will get booed at Nats park. I was convinced he was the first curly W in Cooperstown. I am not convinced of that anymore. He can go in with a blank Hat, it has happened before.  

He'll still go in as a Nat. I am convinced.

As for the Mets: $85M added to an already high payroll for players averaging 34.25 years old on Opening Day. 

7 minutes ago, just654 said:

Blank hats are rare and usually only when a guy left his main team on really bad terms.

Scherzer is still beloved here and RIzzo did him a solid dealing him to a contender in a big market. I believe the two of them and Martinez even had drinks together the night of the trade and Scherzer and his wife immediately started a new charitable foundation in the area after he left.

He's going in with a Curly W. And yeah sure some idiots will boo him but that can be said for any big player in any big city. There were idiots who booed Derek Jeter in NY when he'd go on slumps too. That's an irrelevant point.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

He'll still go in as a Nat. I am convinced.

As for the Mets: $85M added to an already high payroll for players averaging 34.25 years old on Opening Day. 

If they bring back Baez, that’s another 25-30M.

Robbie Ray and his agent have to be pleased with this outcome.

• Like 1

This will be a little easier to take since we're supposed to suck anyway. If we were competitive and Max dominated us every time he faced us would be a different thing.

Continue the rebuild.

Did read we had take/interest in Kris Bryant and Chris Taylor this afternoon though.

• Thumb down 1

Max is personally responsible for more of my joy over the last decade than just about anyone on the planet other than my immediate family (maybe including some of them too).  I don't care about the Mets.  I'll be a fan of his forever.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Philly is the trailer trash here...

^ this

mulleted dip**** Camaro driver = Phlly fans

run down trailer park = Philly organization 

Harper = hot ass trailer park hoebag.  But I guess somebody has to be No. 1 trailer park hoser.  Good for him.

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb down 1

This is honestly a little easier to stomach because we traded him. If he’d gone straight from starting games for us to taking $43m from the Mets I might not be as cool with it. Good for him for getting that $ though. Insane price tag for a 37 year old, but billionaires gonna billionaire. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

This is honestly a little easier to stomach because we traded him. If he’d gone straight from starting games for us to taking $43m from the Mets I might not be as cool with it. Good for him for getting that $ though. Insane price tag for a 37 year old, but billionaires gonna billionaire. 

This has a Dan-Snyder-in-2000 feel to it...

• Like 1

You can automatically tell that anyone who boos Scherzer is a fairweather Nats fan who doesn't understand baseball.  Let these people out themselves and then boo them relentlessly.

Scherzer is a DC baseball legend.  Like, if you're going to even consider the Senators, the Mount Rushmore for DC baseball includes him.  It's something like Walter Johnson, Max Scherzer, Sam Rice, Strasburg.  

• Like 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

You can automatically tell that anyone who boos Scherzer is a fairweather Nats fan who doesn't understand baseball.  Let these people out themselves and then boo them relentlessly.

Scherzer is a DC baseball legend.  Like, if you're going to even consider the Senators, the Mount Rushmore for DC baseball includes him.  It's something like Walter Johnson, Max Scherzer, Sam Rice, Strasburg.  

Need a spot for Elijah Dukes, imo.

• Haha 4