Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

10 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

**** the Nationals and **** baseball. It’s boring.

Boo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

10 hours ago, mammajamma said:

that's a big contract they'd have to re-sign him to...

How big? He's 37, he's not getting 7 yrs again. I'd say 3-4 years 60-80 total?

Confession: I haven't forgiven the Nationals for going to the White House after winning the world series to go see Trump. 

That picture of Trump giving Suzuki a titty twister from behind on the White House porch is my lasting memories from that moment, its infuriating.  DC hated that guy, and they went anyway.  

MASN still hasn't figured out how to get on YouTube TV, so I didn't try to stream any games this year.  Trading Max and Trea pissed me off even more, and I regret nothing about barely giving a damn about this team all year. 

I want that passion back, not sure what to do. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Confession: I haven't forgiven the Nationals for going to the White House after winning the world series to go see Trump. 

That picture of Trump giving Suzuki a titty twister from behind on the White House porch is my lasting memories from that moment, its infuriating.  DC hated that guy, and they went anyway.  

MASN still hasn't figured out how to get on YouTube TV, so I didn't try to stream any games this year.  Trading Max and Trea pissed me off even more, and I regret nothing about barely giving a damn about this team all year. 

is there any possible way for the nats to get out of the masn contract and go to nbc sports like everyone else? it really is a joke that it's so hard to watch the nats in DC. i feel lucky to live out of the area so i can just get the mlb package

mlb really needs to figure out how to centralize their tv networks. its only preseason in the nhl, but im already loving how every game is on espn+. makes it so much easier

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

is there any possible way for the nats to get out of the masn contract and go to nbc sports like everyone else? it really is a joke that it's so hard to watch the nats in DC. i feel lucky to live out of the area so i can just get the mlb package

mlb really needs to figure out how to centralize their tv networks. its only preseason in the nhl, but im already loving how every game is on espn+. makes it so much easier

Yeah the MLB TV packages suck hot sweaty donkey balls. It's one of the reasons the NFL is so much more popular--the NFL knows how to market and make access to their product easier. How many services is the NFL on? Like all of them?

NFL: "You get to stream our games, and you get to stream our games, and YOU get to stream our games!"

MLB: "**** you, pay me!"

• Like 1

Ya, it is frustratingly difficult to watch the games, and I live like 20 minutes from the stadium.  **** me, right?

I would've watched games this year if I didn't have to go out of my way to use a crappy stream to do it, no matter how angry the team has made me lately, I still love baseball.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Well, I can suggest a couple of things:

1. First off, drop any care or concern about politics and realize the truth: Boycotting the Nationals isn't going to make a difference--the system is broken and the country is ****ed. Just enjoy the ride. It's honestly freeing. Also not interested in a debate, since this is the only thing I'll say about politics ever.

2. As for the Trea/Max trade, take a look at the 2011-12 Phillies. The 2011 team won a WS 3 years earlier, and won 100+ that year. 2012 they finished .500. Team was old, expensive, and broken down. Sound familiar? The held onto Utley, Rollins, Lee, Lee, Howard (and gave him an insanely stupid extension), Carols Ruiz, Cole Hamels, etc. They didn't start tearing down until 2015 when it was far too late. Trea and Max would have helped us win 10-15 more games than we did? We still only winning 75-80 games. Which is the worst place to be. They did well to get a **** ton of minor league talent in the sell off. 

3. As for excitement, there is a lot to like: Josiah Gray, Kiebert Ruiz, Cade Cavalli, Cole Henry, and Jackson Rutledge represent the next wave. Their top pick Brady House looks to me like another Josh Donaldson. We signed one of the top international prospects in Armando Cruz. We are linked to the #1 prospect next year, Cristian Vaquero. There is a lot coming and to be excited about.

• Like 4

Rizzo sold at exactly the right time. I honestly feel like we should have gotten a wee bit more from the Dodgers since we had to give up Scherzer AND Turner but I ain't complaining. The future is bright, just gotta be patient. Rizzo built this thing from the ground up when we were WAY worse off.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Kevin Long heads to the Phillies. Big loss.

A little weird.  He’s taking a lateral move. I saw in the comments that he wants a multi-year deal.  But even if the Phillies offered him that, there’s a good chance that Girardi gets fired next year.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 3:29 PM, Riggo#44 said:

Well, I can suggest a couple of things:

1. First off, drop any care or concern about politics and realize the truth: Boycotting the Nationals isn't going to make a difference--the system is broken and the country is ****ed. Just enjoy the ride. It's honestly freeing. Also not interested in a debate, since this is the only thing I'll say about politics ever.

This doesn't help at all, but thanks.

2. As for the Trea/Max trade, take a look at the 2011-12 Phillies. The 2011 team won a WS 3 years earlier, and won 100+ that year. 2012 they finished .500. Team was old, expensive, and broken down. Sound familiar? The held onto Utley, Rollins, Lee, Lee, Howard (and gave him an insanely stupid extension), Carols Ruiz, Cole Hamels, etc. They didn't start tearing down until 2015 when it was far too late. Trea and Max would have helped us win 10-15 more games than we did? We still only winning 75-80 games. Which is the worst place to be. They did well to get a **** ton of minor league talent in the sell off. 

I can love with this eventually.

3. As for excitement, there is a lot to like: Josiah Gray, Kiebert Ruiz, Cade Cavalli, Cole Henry, and Jackson Rutledge represent the next wave. Their top pick Brady House looks to me like another Josh Donaldson. We signed one of the top international prospects in Armando Cruz. We are linked to the #1 prospect next year, Cristian Vaquero. There is a lot coming and to be excited about.

I'll check it out, thanks

8 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Just thinking about the Red Sox. Didn’t they win the World Series not too long ago, then get rid of a lot of their top players right after, and were pretty bad the following year or 2? Here they are back again.. 

It's almost as if giving massive extensions is extremely risky and the health of the overall team is more important. They won 84 games in 2019--with Mookie Betts. Here they are in a full season in the ALCS...while the $284m Dodgers are on the brink of elimination.

• Like 1