Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

12 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Soto is in god mode tonight.

He's been in God mode since the start of the 2nd half. He's unreal.

It was good to see Gray pitch really well and get his 1st win. Our bullpenisbad is still terrible, but it's really just a bunch of JAGs on a try out for all intents and purposes 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Soto is the Mahomes of baseball. You pay him whatever he wants.

This winter I’d offer him 15/450.  No deferrals.  Give him an option to void after his age 29 season if he wants it. Add in a Legends clause giving him $3M/yr from ages 41-80 that is good if he stays through his contract, voided if he opts out.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Last week of the season, we have the Reds and Red Sox at home. Then begins a very interesting winter with the CBA coming due, which will greatly affect how many teams approach the offseason. Depending on what the Luxury Tax is set at, the Phillies and Mets could be in some deep ****. At some point, the Dodgers have to cut some pay roll, right?

As for the Nats, I think Corey Seager is our top target. There are many people targeting Correa, but I wouldn't touch him with a 10-meter cattle prod. I am betting he stays in Houston--he has to be such a persona on grata, he should stay in his sheltered safe space.

2 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

My wishlist is that Max wins another ring this year and decides to return to DC to ride out the rest of his career

That would be nice. Given our offensive output the last few months, part of me does wonder how much we could turn around our pitching staff in one offseason. I think a LOT depends on what the outlook for Strasburg is in 2022 and beyond. And Corbin remembering he can pitch. 

• Like 1

Wow! He's in with the top players of all time in a lot of categories....Before age 23!

Don't sleep on Soto's historic season

There is so much greatness in baseball right now, it’s hard to keep track of it all. And especially when one of those outstanding players is on a team that won’t play postseason baseball, it’s important to be sure to recognize a stellar season before it’s over.

The above statement can apply to a handful of players in the Majors right now. But the subject in question today? None other than the best hitter in baseball: Juan Soto.

He’s likely to finish top-three in NL MVP voting, and this week is your last chance to watch him for 2021. And by the way, he’s still just 22. Ready to see his name on lists with a bunch of Hall of Famers and record holders? Good. Because it’s time to dig in. Let’s appreciate this season that we’ve been lucky enough to witness.

https://www.mlb.com/news/juan-soto-having-historic-2021-season

• Like 1