Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 more hits today for Brady House, including a......grand slam? Whatever the **** that is.

grand slam

[ˌɡran(d) ˈslam]
Learn to pronounce
NOUN
  1. baseball
    a home run hit when each of the three bases is occupied by a runner, thus scoring four runs.
    "he hits a grand slam to win the game"
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He demolished that second pitch. Kid’s got fast hands. Reminds me a little of Rendon’s swing in that respect. Ruiz is obviously a bit bigger and should have better power. 

Honestly if defense is the only thing keeping him from being a big leaguer next year I’d move him to 1B ASAP. We can find catchers. And he should stay a lot fresher at first than being behind the plate all the time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Honestly if defense is the only thing keeping him from being a big leaguer next year I’d move him to 1B ASAP. We can find catchers.

To date we've found:

Wilson Ramos.

Yan Gomes.

Its way easier to find 1st baseman than a catcher who can hit like Ruiz. There are about 4 full time catchers with a WRC+ over 100 in the majors right now.

17 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

To date we've found:

Wilson Ramos.

Yan Gomes.

Its way easier to find 1st baseman than a catcher who can hit like Ruiz. There are about 4 full time catchers with a WRC+ over 100 in the majors right now.

Kurt Suzuki.

What do you do with Riley Adams when Ruiz is called up? Is he a candidate for a switch to 1B?  He's played a couple of games in the minors there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Kurt Suzuki.

What do you do with Riley Adams when Ruiz is called up? Is he a candidate for a switch to 1B?  He's played a couple of games in the minors there.

How could I forget about Kurt?! I'm ashamed of myself.

Long term, Adams is probably more of a backup. Barrera is awful defensively--I just stole a base off him. Move him to 1st if you want to move anyone.

Edited by Riggo#44