Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

7 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Hmmm...Ok. But to me, the RPs need work this early in the season. They're going to get a lot of work this year so they need to get used to it.

Yeah, Corbin has lost his mojo. I need to watch the next time he pitches. Not sure if his velocity has dropped or what the problem is. And you're right - what is Hickey doing to try & fix him?

If they had a bunch of guys who needed work a few weeks into the season and the next game would be after a day off. I get it. They had a game like 14 hours later. I get the move. They used 5 pitchers today. Gray for 5 and the others getting 1 each. So, it worked out.

As far as Corbin and Hickey. I'm still shocked Hickey returned this year. Thought after last year, they would go hard to make a change at pitching coach. Position coaches move around all the time. Sometimes a guy can be qualified but he's just not getting through to the players anymore. 

I'll take the series win.

• Like 1

Better then coulda been expected, maybe it's early and we need time to flesh out how "bad" we really are with respect to other teams in our division. 

I'm not buying the Mets yet, and after this series, I'm not buying the Braves, either. 

Sometimes you jus gotta suck less then everybody else to get ahead.

Edited by Renegade7

This team isn't good, but we knew that. Meanwhile it was a House Party last night, as the Real Brady hit a walk off, 2-run single last night. Brighter days, brighter days.

On a side note--it's looking like both Aaron Judge and Xander Bogearts will be free agents as their negotiations have cratered.

On 4/12/2022 at 12:26 PM, Renegade7 said:

This is nonsense, superstars can be drafted, LeBron was drafted. Gannis was drafted.

Golden State wasn't on the map until Curry got fire, Thunder went to the finals with what will now be three different HOF players that they drafted one after the other.

You think Memphis is gonna have any problem getting people to sign to play with Ja now?

Ted messed up by letting Ernie set the team to self-destruct in order to get KD on the team, Otto was a bust, can anyone name a single first round pick during the Wall Era outside Beal and Otto?

Superstars can also be traded for, we know this because he did that with the Mystics and won a championship.  The closest we've seen the Wizards do that is for Westbrook.

Tying back to the Nats, again, I've seen enough with Leonsis that I wouldn't be optimistic about being anything more then competitive if he took full ownership.  His most successful franchise is literally wasting the arguably the best hockey player in history's career with all these first round exits and only one championship to show for it all (someone the caps drafted)

Hard pass.

Beal was drafted too and John Wall

Neither could be argued as being an impact player like Booker or Giannis. So how do the Wizards win if they can never luck into that talent?

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Beal was drafted too and John Wall

Neither could be argued as being an impact player like Booker or Giannis. So how do the Wizards win if they can never luck into that talent?

Responded to you here, recommend we take this out of here:

• Thanks 2

“I don’t focus on my personal numbers at all,” said Robles, who produced a two-run single on Sunday to lift his average from .000. “As long as I feel good out there, and the team’s winning, that’s all that matters.”

Maybe you should start LOL Man, send this dude to Pluto Michael Jordan Reaction GIF