Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

36 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why was rizzo thrown out yesterday? Some reports I’ve seen are that it was due to him not wearing a mask, even though he was in a suite by himself, and others I’ve seen are he was yelling down to the umpire

from what i read, he was thrown out for yelling, but West identified him as the "man without a mask on" when calling up to security, even though he wasn't properly wearing one himself. either way, West is an embarrassment to sports and roboumps can't come any sooner

• Like 1

At this point, Eaton needs to hit 8th or 9th and Robles needs to lead off. Eaton is unlikely to be here next year and Robles is the future. I wouldn't mind seeing Cavalli or Rutledge get some innings. We have ~20 games left and are 10 games under. We'd have to go 16-4 to break .500--given the starters past Max and Corbin...that would be a feat. Play the kids. Lets see what they have. We'll be back next year.

• Like 2

Well, I’ll be damned!  Davey finally turned in my lineup card! Ha I’ve only been whining about this for a month now 😅

14B915D4-C620-420F-9C2E-54BAF9BE69F5.jpeg

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

At this point, Eaton needs to hit 8th or 9th and Robles needs to lead off. Eaton is unlikely to be here next year and Robles is the future. I wouldn't mind seeing Cavalli or Rutledge get some innings. We have ~20 games left and are 10 games under. We'd have to go 16-4 to break .500--given the starters past Max and Corbin...that would be a feat. Play the kids. Lets see what they have. We'll be back next year.

I don’t know, man.  They picked up Eaton’s option for 9.5 mill this year and even though he’s struggling I wouldn’t be surprised to see them pick up his option for 10.5 mill next season unless they make an unforeseen trade because there certainly aren’t any prospects in our farm system ready to take that kind of role!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

Well, I’ll be damned!  Davey finally turned in my lineup card! Ha I’ve only been whining about this for a month now 😅

I don’t know, man.  They picked up Eaton’s option for 9.5 mill this year and even though he’s struggling I wouldn’t be surprised to see them pick up his option for 10.5 mill next season unless they make an unforeseen trade because there certainly aren’t any prospects in our farm system ready to take that kind of role!

I think they'd look for an upgrade there? Or maybe a bounceback season?

• Like 1

If they want to contend, I don't think they can get that kind of offensive production out of RF, especially given the declining defense (though the bad defense bug appears to be hitting a wide swath of the team).  Unless they are confident that this year is a weird anomaly, they'd have to look to upgrade there.