Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Word is tonight’s game is getting canceled (postponed?). 

Yep.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/27/nationals-phillies-protest-postponed/

Nationals-Phillies game postponed amid growing sports protest movement

The Washington Nationals and Philadelphia Phillies will not play Thursday night, according to three people with knowledge of the situation, as a growing protest movement continued to spread through sports. The Phillies chose not to play through a team vote, according to multiple media reports, postponing the finale of a three-game series that was supposed to finish at 6:37 p.m. in Washington.

Unfortunately, we used up our magic pixie dust last year. The Strasburg and Castro injuries are killing us right now. We are playing mindless baseball because I don't believe our hearts are into it. There are so many external factors going on.

We'll see, but I wholly believe this will be our 1st sub-.500 season since 2011.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Unfortunately, we used up our magic pixie dust last year. The Strasburg and Castro injuries are killing us right now. We are playing mindless baseball because I don't believe our hearts are into it. There are so many external factors going on.

We'll see, but I wholly believe this will be our 1st sub-.500 season since 2011.

image.gif.588206edd805d3bf93a95e0c3f26ba1c.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Honestly, I just pray that 2021 will just be a normal baseball season!  For real, I’m not upset at all and I’ll still watch my beloved Nats but I just want real baseball back with real fans!!!!

• Like 2

Its alright. We'll bounce back next year.

I do think Soto could have an MVP "season" though. That's kinda what I'm hoping for at this point.

I also wouldn't be opposed to maxing out the value of guys like Kendrick and trading them at the deadline for prospects to help us retool.

5 hours ago, mammajamma said:

how come every single game i'm late to turning on, we're ALWAYS down 3 to nothing? we have to have broken the record for most games being down 3 to 0 in the first or 2nd inning

We're trotting out two pitchers with ERAs in the 6-es, and another that strikes out about 2 per 9 IP.

Im all for getting a top-10 pick next year. We need a boost to our farm system.

• Like 1