Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think they'd look for an upgrade there? Or maybe a bounceback season?

Yea, obviously if you can acquire a guaranteed upgrade I’d say do it.  However, bringing in a guy at a cheaper rate, hoping he can produce more than Eaton has, I mean he played like a WS MVP just months ago!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Yea, obviously if you can acquire a guaranteed upgrade I’d say do it.  However, bringing in a guy at a cheaper rate, hoping he can produce more than Eaton has, I mean he played like a WS MVP just months ago!

People have slept on Eaton for the last two years. Injuries aside, he's been very solid. Over 269 games with the Nats he's hit .288/.377/.425 for an .802 OPS and 104 OPS+

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

People have slept on Eaton for the last two years. Injuries aside, he's been very solid. Over 269 games with the Nats he's hit .288/.377/.425 for an .802 OPS and 104 OPS+

Yes sir!  The problems this season are much bigger than Eatons struggles.  I’d guess that Rizzo aims to keep him next season rather than make any knee jerk moves based on this season alone.

10 hours ago, -JB- said:

Yes sir!  The problems this season are much bigger than Eatons struggles.  I’d guess that Rizzo aims to keep him next season rather than make any knee jerk moves based on this season alone.

Cabrera has been terrible, worse than Eaton. Thames has 2 homers, Kieboom has been terrible. Castro and Stras injuries are killer. Zimm and Ross opting out affect our depth. 

The Yankees are on a 5-15 run, the Astros have lost 7 of 10--so it's not just us

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Cabrera has been terrible, worse than Eaton. Thames has 2 homers, Kieboom has been terrible. Castro and Stras injuries are killer. Zimm and Ross opting out affect our depth. 

The Yankees are on a 5-15 run, the Astros have lost 7 of 10--so it's not just us

Yes, not having Zimm hurts a lot because you definitey don’t want to be stuck playing Thames every day.  Especially vs Lefties.  Stras going down is so hard to overcome.  Is Voth really starting Thursday?  He has been pitiful!

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

Yes, not having Zimm hurts a lot because you definitey don’t want to be stuck playing Thames every day.  Especially vs Lefties.  Stras going down is so hard to overcome.  Is Voth really starting Thursday?  He has been pitiful!

Probably, we don't really have anyone else. If we have Stras and Castro healthy, how many more games have we won? 5? 6?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

#4 in batting average in the mlb, middle of the league for runs scored... bottom 10 for ERA and runs against..

pretty obvious to me where the problem was this year, and its not guys like Eaton

Fedde, Voth, Sanchez, Harris, Doolittle (although he's been nails since coming back), Suero....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Fedde, Voth, Sanchez, Harris, Doolittle (although he's been nails since coming back), Suero....

100% agree.. a lot of those guys weren't top tier pitchers to begin with, but got a lot more time than they shouldve this year. funny, i thought we had a huge advantage at pitching this year with less games (could ride our top guys more often without worrying about blowing out their arms by the postseason). guess with stras out, they decided against that strategy

Harris has to be the biggest disappointment to me this year. wasnt he considered one of the best closers in the league when he was with the Astros, or did I make that up?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Harris has to be the biggest disappointment to me this year. wasnt he considered one of the best closers in the league when he was with the Astros, or did I make that up?

He was, but therein lies the problem with relief pitching. Its such a volatile position that it makes no sense spending big bucks on it because guys who are good one year suck the next year and vice versa and it happens all the time.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Thames hasn't done ****.

ya but Thames was already a meh player (some highs, some lows), but expectations werent that high with him to begin with. Harris was supposed to solidify our bullpen, but now he cant be trusted to do half an inning in relief

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mammajamma said:

ya but Thames was already a meh player (some highs, some lows), but expectations werent that high with him to begin with. Harris was supposed to solidify our bullpen, but now he cant be trusted to do half an inning in relief

How much of this pandemic, being away from family constantly, is affecting this team?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Not sure where the MLB thread is, so thought I’d put this here. Anyone see the braves-Marlins score? 29-9. 

Yes, your eyes are working correctly. That says 29-9. One single team has scored 29 runs......WOW

Who’s taking bets on how many weeks it’ll take before the Football Team ever scores 29 points in a game???

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Not sure where the MLB thread is, so thought I’d put this here. Anyone see the braves-Marlins score? 29-9. 

Yes, your eyes are working correctly. That says 29-9. One single team has scored 29 runs......WOW

I saw that--it's an NL record for runs. The Braves are going to be good for a while--especially if they get their pitching figured out (which will make @Dont Taze Me Bro happy).

On an unrelated note, Harper is doing his thing. Start hot, crater. Last 20 games: .153/.358/.271 2 HR. We tried to warn them, but they didn't want to listen...

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Who’s taking bets on how many weeks it’ll take before the Football Team ever scores 29 points in a game???

Antonio Gibson will score 29 points alone!

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1