Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

19 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

From the very article You linked to:

“As mentioned earlier, we saw that one cap (top right) and the jersey last year during Spring Training games, never during the regular season.”

That was their spring training cap last year. 

no ****.   it also said:  

"In 2020, the Washington Nationals will have two new alternate caps and a new alternate uniform to choose from. The two caps both feature designs based on logos worn by Washington’s two American League baseball teams of the 1950s and 1960s and both have a white front panel."

Edited by 09

25 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Those are the spring training caps. Don’t know what that means other than they’re looking forward to next February. 

...Another bright spot. Andrew Stevenson hits .375 and making a case for the 25 man roster next year. 

Stevenson should have been on the roster all season but politics with Taylor’s 4 million dollar contract & Eaton’s contract because both guys couldn’t hit a lick all season.  Def looking forward to Stevenson stepping into that lead off role full time 🎯

• Like 1

17 hours ago, -JB- said:

Giolito out here throwing no hitters in the playoffs & ****

*Update: Jinx worked fellas, nothing to see here 🙅🏼‍♂️

I'm happy for him. He's blossomed into the P we all thought he'd be. It wasn't happening here and he helped us get Eaton who was huge in our World Series run.

You take the ring everytime. It was a win win for both teams.

Go White Sox. Or really, anyone but the Yanks or Astros in the AL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm happy for him. He's blossomed into the P we all thought he'd be. It wasn't happening here and he helped us get Eaton who was huge in our World Series run.

You take the ring everytime. It was a win win for both teams.

Go White Sox. Or really, anyone but the Yanks or Astros in the AL.

Absolutely.  I was just saying.  I’d think Carter Kieboom could be on the trading block this offseason.  Plenty of moves to be made.  I see Trevor Bauer pitched a gem with 12 K’s no runs allowed in 7 2/3 but Reds lost 1-0 in 13!  Hopefully he’s ready to hightail it out of there in free agency.  The Reds offense is garbage!

Edited by -JB-

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Can Garcia play 3b? I'd look at moving Kieboom for the right price if Garcia can play 3b

Not me. Both those guys are still super young. We got spoiled by Harper and Soto so it’s easy to forget that most players don’t fully develop until they’re in their mid or even late 20s. If we’re still in win-now mode we’ll probably want to consider signing someone else to fill the starting role until Kieboom is fully seasoned, but I wouldn’t sell low right now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -JB- said:

Absolutely.  I was just saying.  I’d think Carter Kieboom could be on the trading block this offseason.  Plenty of moves to be made.  I see Trevor Bauer pitched a gem with 12 K’s no runs allowed in 7 2/3 but Reds lost 1-0 in 13!  Hopefully he’s ready to hightail it out of there in free agency.  The Reds offense is garbage!

The idea of a Scherzer/Strasburg/Bauer/Corbin rotation gives me wood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The idea of a Scherzer/Strasburg/Bauer/Corbin rotation gives me wood.

Thats an $800m rotation. Not sure we'll be after Bauer. My choice for 4th starter is Kevin Gausman. Has really good peripherals after getting traded from Atl last year. Over 11 k/9. Homers are a bit high, but everything else is really solid.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Thats an $800m rotation. Not sure we'll be after Bauer. My choice for 4th starter is Kevin Gausman. Has really good peripherals after getting traded from Atl last year. Over 11 k/9. Homers are a bit high, but everything else is really solid.

Thing about Bauer is he has stated wanting one year deals to maximize his earning potential.  We can afford a large one year deal.  That rotation would be insane.  It would legit to suck being a free agent this year because no way owners are trying to shell out huge long term deals after the revenue lost this season.  

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, -JB- said:

Thing about Bauer is he has stated wanting one year deals to maximize his earning potential.  We can afford a large one year deal.  That rotation would be insane.  It would legit to suck being a free agent this year because no way owners are trying to shell out huge long term deals after the revenue lost this season.  

And probably limited fans next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

And probably limited fans next year. 

Probably *very* limited fans next year. Not sure if we’ll go a full season without fans again, but even if they allow them I’d imagine attendance will be horrible. 

And also worth remembering that the Lerners are heavily invested in commercial real estate. Shopping malls. Offices. Their finances have likely been absolutely slammed by the pandemic.

I’m actually wondering if we don’t see some efforts to reduce payroll going into next year...

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Probably *very* limited fans next year. Not sure if we’ll go a full season without fans again, but even if they allow them I’d imagine attendance will be horrible. 

I have a feeling if they opened it up next year, it would be packed. But 2 years down? That's hard to recover from.

I re-watched our playoff run yesterday--the energy in the stadium was amazing. It feels soulless and empty without the throngs of screaming fans.

• Like 1

16 year old Dominican SS Armando Cruz is rated as the #4 overall international prospect for this upcoming signing period & by far and away the best defensive prospect.  Strongly linked to Nats and expected to sign for roughly 4 mill which would eat up majority of Nats international slot.  Get it done!