Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, mammajamma said:

anybody else reading Stras needs surgery and likely done for the season?

Sucks but wuddyagunnado??

One day Davey is gonna get it together and finally bat Robles lead off!

Robles

Eaton

Turner

Soto

Howie

Cabrera

Garcia

Suzuki/Gomes

Kieboom

Thats the lineup i’d like to finally see!

Edited by -JB-

1 hour ago, mammajamma said:

anybody else reading Stras needs surgery and likely done for the season?

Carpel tunnel that young?  Do pitchers recover from that?  I don't care about this season, but worried about long term implications....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Carpel tunnel that young?  Do pitchers recover from that?  I don't care about this season, but worried about long term implications....

Carpel Tunnel is really just a pinched nerve in the wrist is it not?  I’d think that If treated and healed he should be ok going forward.

49 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Carpel Tunnel is really just a pinched nerve in the wrist is it not?  I’d think that If treated and healed he should be ok going forward.

I would hope so, but I honestly have no idea how such a nerve issue effects pitchers.  Can't seem to find older examples (google hits being recent cases).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Who woulda thought starting pitching would be our issue so far this year.. how many games is that where we've given up multiple runs in the 1st or 2nd inning?

It's easy to believe when Max and Stras have had health issues all season long and Ross opted out. We don't exactly have a deep starting staff beyond a couple blue chips. 

Corbin and Sanchez being amazing when they absolutely had to was the difference between a championship and falling just short. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, -JB- said:

My SO (same age as Strasburg) had a carpal tunnel surgery on one of her hands and mt dad (twice his age) had it on both of his hands. Both within the last couple of years, both fully recovered pretty quickly. In and out of the hospital same day and a little PT/rehab. Little aches here and there but nothing like it was before the surgery. Not even close. So yeah, from what I've witnessed, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

• Like 1

Good stuff from Crowe in the first. Kept the ball down. Not a lot of help in the field. Big curve to end the inning.

Come to the big league and you think these guys will make all the plays behind you. Not happening for Crowe. 2 pop-ups not caught. 2nd one cost him 2 runs.

Don't let the kids watch this one. Bad/ugly baseball.

Edited by CRobi21

I absolutely trust Rizzo to make a move before the deadline to acquire another starter.  I’m not saying it has to be a splashy trade but he probably has to make a move with Stras out probably the rest of the season / playoffs.  It’d be nice to get a crafty dependable veteran starter with perhaps some playoff experience.