Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I was whatever about this season from opening day, but I really started distancing myself when Starlin broke his wrist. I really don't care anymore. This is a tryout for 2021 and a preview of young talent. 

Agreed. Just go full Wizards and call up all the G Leaguers for this fake season 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Agreed. Just go full Wizards and call up all the G Leaguers for this fake season 

I think it's great that Kieboom and Garcia could see daily playing time with the stakes pretty low. This is what I wanted from the beginning. 

I do hope Starlin's wrist heals up though, he was a good contributor when he was healthy and I want to see him as a National for a while if possible. Plus, my wife is a big Cubs fan so I've followed him for years. 

20 year old Luis Garcia is slotting in nicely with the regulars. Garcia, Kieboom, Soto and Robles are all under 24 and Trea is only just entering his prime at 27. We need to get younger at catcher but otherwise I think we could get pretty far with these young men. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bacon said:

20 year old Luis Garcia is slotting in nicely with the regulars. Garcia, Kieboom, Soto and Robles are all under 24 and Trea is only just entering his prime at 27. We need to get younger at catcher but otherwise I think we could get pretty far with these young men. 

just need to make sure we play their contracts right, or they'll all be gone by the time most young players enter the majors