Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Season WILL Begin Anew Next August

kleese

All of the negativity, apathy, and anger aimed at the Redskins right now is well earned by the organization. They will get no defense from me. I think SOME of the specific anger (the DJ cutting for example) is a little misplaced, but no doubt the overall criticism of how the organization operates is more than warranted. 

And as I’ve said many times, I don’t blame anyone who bails or backs off significantly from how they consume the Redskins. I’m on record here explaining how I remain excited, interested, and engaged. That won’t change for me personally regardless of what they do or do not do. That’s just a personal deal/choice. 

I also dont blame anyone who looks at 2019 and beyond and feels little hope. History would certainly tell us that no matter what they do, SOMETHING will happen to mess it up. 

But there are two things being talked about right now that I don’t agree with. 

1. They are destined for a horrid/lost season next year. 

I disagree with this notion. Now it’s possible of course but one thing they’ve somehow quietly managed to do over the past few years while continuing to bungle everything from a PR standpoint is to pretty drastically change their roster management. The team on paper doesn’t actually suck now. The players don’t suck. This is why we can get decimated by injuries and still be around .500. Our DL is badass. That’s a great young core. And now we have guys like Hamilton that flash. And yeah, by next summer we many very we’ll be happy we have Rueben Foster in the mix too. On offense, we could add one guard and one WR, get everyone else healthy, and we will probably have a competent offense next year— even with Colt and a young QB if we choose to go that route. As I sit here today, I really see no reason to think that we would have lower expectations in 2019 than we did in 2018. Now, maybe those expectations are ultimately just average again, but I’m not really seeing the 3-13 bottoming out many are predicting— especially if we continue to draft relatively well (and we have a lot of picks this year). 

2. The emotional carnage is too much to overcome.

Meh, it’s the Redskins, this is what we do. 8 months is a long time. By then all of the various dramas will be long forgotten. Guys want to win and those stuck with us (guys like Trent, Kerrigan, etc) I’m sure will show up at camp willing to work and hopeful that maybe this will be the year we stay healthier and don’t suck. 

For me, I recharge my batteries by bowing out for a good 6-7 months. I’ll stay tuned in usually for a few days after the season ends to see what immediate moves they make. Then I just flip the switch. I figure I’ll see the news when it happens. I saw the Alex Smith trade on the ESPN scroll last year and it didn’t move the needle for me. I was just so tuned out. I won’t look at any mock drafts or follow FA. I DO get excited about schedule release day, but that’s like a 24 hour period in April when I let my mind wander to football season before going back to NBA and MLB. I don’t pay much attention to mini camp or even the start of real camp. About a week before the first pre season game I’ll get a little juiced up. I’ll start turning on NFL Network and reading stuff on line. And the first pre season game I’ll for sure watch and that sort of re-animates my interest in the Skins again after a long (and much needed) break. And I’ll be totally jazzed for week 1 no matter the situation. Then the season starts and it’s more likely gonna be more of the same. But it could be 1999, 2005, 2012, etc. and those were fun years. And yeah, Lord willing maybe SOMEDAY we get a 1986 or 1990 in there (I’m not even including the SB years). 

But the point is that next season WILL arrive whether you want it to or not. And chances are the prospects for the season won’t feel as dire then as they do now. Time heals; if only temporarily. 

11 minutes ago, kleese said:

All of the negativity, apathy, and anger aimed at the Redskins right now is well earned by the organization. They will get no defense from me. I think SOME of the specific anger (the DJ cutting for example) is a little misplaced, but no doubt the overall criticism of how the organization operates is more than warranted. 

And as I’ve said many times, I don’t blame anyone who bails or backs off significantly from how they consume the Redskins. I’m on record here explaining how I remain excited, interested, and engaged. That won’t change for me personally regardless of what they do or do not do. That’s just a personal deal/choice. 

I also dont blame anyone who looks at 2019 and beyond and feels little hope. History would certainly tell us that no matter what they do, SOMETHING will happen to mess it up. 

But there are two things being talked about right now that I don’t agree with. 

1. They are destined for a horrid/lost season next year. 

I disagree with this notion. Now it’s possible of course but one thing they’ve somehow quietly managed to do over the past few years while continuing to bungle everything from a PR standpoint is to pretty drastically change their roster management. The team on paper doesn’t actually suck now. The players don’t suck. This is why we can get decimated by injuries and still be around .500. Our DL is badass. That’s a great young core. And now we have guys like Hamilton that flash. And yeah, by next summer we many very we’ll be happy we have Rueben Foster in the mix too. On offense, we could add one guard and one WR, get everyone else healthy, and we will probably have a competent offense next year— even with Colt and a young QB if we choose to go that route. As I sit here today, I really see no reason to think that we would have lower expectations in 2019 than we did in 2018. Now, maybe those expectations are ultimately just average again, but I’m not really seeing the 3-13 bottoming out many are predicting— especially if we continue to draft relatively well (and we have a lot of picks this year). 

2. The emotional carnage is too much to overcome.

Meh, it’s the Redskins, this is what we do. 8 months is a long time. By then all of the various dramas will be long forgotten. Guys want to win and those stuck with us (guys like Trent, Kerrigan, etc) I’m sure will show up at camp willing to work and hopeful that maybe this will be the year we stay healthier and don’t suck. 

For me, I recharge my batteries by bowing out for a good 6-7 months. I’ll stay tuned in usually for a few days after the season ends to see what immediate moves they make. Then I just flip the switch. I figure I’ll see the news when it happens. I saw the Alex Smith trade on the ESPN scroll last year and it didn’t move the needle for me. I was just so tuned out. I won’t look at any mock drafts or follow FA. I DO get excited about schedule release day, but that’s like a 24 hour period in April when I let my mind wander to football season before going back to NBA and MLB. I don’t pay much attention to mini camp or even the start of real camp. About a week before the first pre season game I’ll get a little juiced up. I’ll start turning on NFL Network and reading stuff on line. And the first pre season game I’ll for sure watch and that sort of re-animates my interest in the Skins again after a long (and much needed) break. And I’ll be totally jazzed for week 1 no matter the situation. Then the season starts and it’s more likely gonna be more of the same. But it could be 1999, 2005, 2012, etc. and those were fun years. And yeah, Lord willing maybe SOMEDAY we get a 1986 or 1990 in there (I’m not even including the SB years). 

But the point is that next season WILL arrive whether you want it to or not. And chances are the prospects for the season won’t feel as dire then as they do now. Time heals; if only temporarily. 

Next August!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!; be serious; what the frig does that have to do with winning the off season.  I hate this apathy. The off  season starts NOW!!!; in January!!  We are 12 to 1 odds to win the off season as we speak.  Watch out Oakland Raiders, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Super Bowls creates a lot of equity I see. I watched my dad lose his mind Saturday after the L and I was genuinely puzzled how he could care anymore lol. I genuinely admire how the older guys can maintain hope. Outside of twitter friends and ES (i have like 1-2 friends my age that like the Skins. All the rest laugh at them), the Skins have given me minimal enjoyment. Literally crumbs lol. And now that I’m an adult with principles and I’m aware of how terribly run they are, the situation is essentially untenable for me. And it sucks. Truly does. 

Not sure if I could ever truly swap teams but boy do I really enjoy football itself more than ever since I muted my fanhood.

boy, DeShaun Watson is fun to watch tho...

41 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

Next August!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!; be serious; what the frig does that have to do with winning the off season.  I hate this apathy. The off  season starts NOW!!!; in January!!  We are 12 to 1 odds to win the off season as we speak.  Watch out Oakland Raiders, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We haven’t won an off season since 2012.

We’ve totally abandoned any semblance of the Vinny way, in fact the pendulum has swung too far the opposite direction.

34 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

3 Super Bowls creates a lot of equity I see. I watched my dad lose his mind Saturday after the L and I was genuinely puzzled how he could care anymore lol. I genuinely admire how the older guys can maintain hope. Outside of twitter friends and ES (i have like 1-2 friends my age that like the Skins. All the rest laugh at them), the Skins have given me minimal enjoyment. Literally crumbs lol. And now that I’m an adult with principles and I’m aware of how terribly run they are, the situation is essentially untenable for me. And it sucks. Truly does. 

Not sure if I could ever truly swap teams but boy do I really enjoy football itself more than ever since I muted my fanhood.

I am in my early 40’s, so I was in my most formative years when the Skins were winning SBs.  I could as much not be a fan as change my eye color, it’s basically genetic for me.

That said, I’m a football fan.  I rooted for Peyton because I loved the way he commanded the LOS and played with defenses minds.  I loved watching him go up against Bellichick because it was basically a master class of football. I love watching the Saints offense. And for a couple years the Broncos defense.  (I would probably love the Ravens, Dallas and Seattle defenses if I didn’t despise the teams).

It does make football a lot more fun.  I also inherited a second team in the Saints because my wife is a Saints fan.  The first trip we took together was to New Orleans to see the saints play the cardinals in the 2009 playoffs.  They’re hinestl a really easy team to root for.  And Brees is SO good. Obviously except when they are playing the Skins, I always try to follow and watch them.  

However, rhe down side to doing this is younsee just how far the Skins are from competence.  The 6-3 start was a mirage. They could beat bad teams who had bad offenses.  They happened to play all of them early in the season.  They weren’t that good.  Hell, they gave up 500 yards to TB, and still won because TB basically tried to lose.

There are about 6 players, a few position coaches and that’s about it to be excited about. Otherwise it’s a catastrophe. The Smith contract is basically cap penalty part II, Jay Gruden is a conservative wonder who runs lackadaisical practices and has no idea how to prepare a championship team.  Manusky is average.  At best.

There is very little to build on, especially if the builders are Bruce and Jay. 

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We haven’t won an off season since 2012.

We’ve totally abandoned any semblance of the Vinny way, in fact the pendulum has swung too far the opposite direction.

I am in my early 40’s, so I was in my most formative years when the Skins were winning SBs.  I could as much not be a fan as change my eye color, it’s basically genetic for me.

That said, I’m a football fan.  I rooted for Peyton because I loved the way he commanded the LOS and played with defenses minds.  I loved watching him go up against Bellichick because it was basically a master class of football. I love watching the Saints offense. And for a couple years the Broncos defense.  (I would probably love the Ravens, Dallas and Seattle defenses if I didn’t despise the teams).

It does make football a lot more fun.  I also inherited a second team in the Saints because my wife is a Saints fan.  The first trip we took together was to New Orleans to see the saints play the cardinals in the 2009 playoffs.  They’re hinestl a really easy team to root for.  And Brees is SO good. Obviously except when they are playing the Skins, I always try to follow and watch them.  

However, rhe down side to doing this is younsee just how far the Skins are from competence.  The 6-3 start was a mirage. They could beat bad teams who had bad offenses.  They happened to play all of them early in the season.  They weren’t that good.  Hell, they gave up 500 yards to TB, and still won because TB basically tried to lose.

There are about 6 players, a few position coaches and that’s about it to be excited about. Otherwise it’s a catastrophe. The Smith contract is basically cap penalty part II, Jay Gruden is a conservative wonder who runs lackadaisical practices and has no idea how to prepare a championship team.  Manusky is average.  At best.

o

you take any of this seriously? I have been a fan since Otto Graham was coach.  The point is some coaches and organizations have winning philosophy's.  Lombardi could spot talent (Only here one year but spotted Larry Brown and Mike Bass), some coaches can build a dynamic (George Allen-over the hill gang), solid coaching and know above average talent, no mistakes.  Gibbs is self evident.  Bruce Allen should be no more than a contract person.  He could not spot talent if it kicked him in the balls.  Gruden would be fine in developing a QB what would need a kick ass defensive and offensive coordinator.  Many players are going to rebel because their I.Q., though only of a grapefruit, are much higher than Allen or Snyder's.  Can you imagine in any real business, not one that is expanding as a welfare program for any owner, that any of these clowns would be around?

36 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

To3 Super Bowls creates a lot of equity I see. I watched my dad lose his mind Saturday after the L and I was genuinely puzzled how he could care anymore lol. I genuinely admire how the older guys can maintain hope. Outside of twitter friends and ES (i have like 1-2 friends my age that like the Skins. All the rest laugh at them), the Skins have given me minimal enjoyment. Literally crumbs lol. And now that I’m an adult with principles and I’m aware of how terribly run they are, the situation is essentially untenable for me. And it sucks. Truly does. 

I wouldn’t say it’s “hope.” Unless you mean hope that we can maybe stumble into a 10-6 playoff season. I don’t really have any true hope that we will return to the days of the Gibbs I era as a franchise. I don’t get jazzed up for Redskins football due to hope. That train has more or less left the station. For me it’s more subtle than that and I am able to find joy in ROOTING for good stuff to happen even if I don’t believe it will. 

I also know myself well enough to know that the level of frustration or hopelessness I feel in December will subside by August. I may not think they’ve really done anything to change, but the time off almost always recharges my batteries. 

You are definitely right about the age of our fan base. I don’t think it’s so much that Redskins fans have turned away so much as it is they simply don’t exist. We’ve already established that DC isn’t an area like Green Bay or Buffalo where it is SO regionally in the bloodstream. Being a Redskins fans is much more of a choice than that of other teams. So with that in mind why would anyone CHOOSE this? Why would anyone jump on THIS bandwagon? 

Lets be honest. The reason there are so many fans in my age bracket is because we jumped the bandwagon back in the early to mid 80’s. I can’t tell you how many fans I’ve met over the years around my age that have no connection to DC or any family history with the Redskins. I don’t actually remember ever “picking” the Redskins. It’s like I was born with it— I have no memories of anything else. I’m the only one in my family that cares or has ever cared though and I lived in Oklahoma at the time (as I do now). It was 1982-83 when I first recall loving football so it’s prerty obvious how I chose my favorite team. Not really too different from the way kids do it now. The Redskins haven’t been deisreable in this manner in 25 years. That’s basically a generation of potential fans they’ve missed. They aren’t waiting for those fans to return because they were never there to start. 

oI agree the 'skins have talent and have had two good drafts in a row. That waste of talent (on D) is very frustrating. I don't know how much of that is scheme versus players, but it seems that once Dunbar went down and someone realized Foster covering meant a swing pass was an automatic first down, the D crumbled. As for 2019, I'm on the side that believes we might go 3-13 unless Alex Smith makes a remarkable comeback and right now, he seems like he's having a difficult slow recovery. 

I like, but don't trust Colt. He's too injury prone and too prone to turnovers/high risk plays. I also worry that while we have a great line our secondary is going to get killed. As much as people complain about Norman... A Dunbar, Moreau, and Stroman defensive backfield isn't going to intimidate any QBs. And that's if Dunbar can come back from nerve damage. 

Intellectually, I am okay with us being absolutely awful in 2019. I do know I will suffer and be miserable when/if it plays out in real time. So, for now, I'll politely disagree and say the season will begin anew in August 2020.

I'd love to be wrong.

- I grew up with a poster of Sonny over my bed

- When I married I dreamed of getting season tix

- I finally got season tix

- Had planned on keeping them in the family and passing them on to my two sons

- Gave up my season tix this year (was lower level and paid club level a couple of years to get down there too so I was vested)

- This past weekend I sat down Sunday morning to prepare for the game and had trouble getting AP into my starting lineup on my fantasy team.  Low and behold my team played on Saturday and I didn't even know it.

So sad...........I guess I'm checking out.

“The difference between faith and insanity is that faith is the ability to hold firmly to a conclusion that is incompatible with the evidence, whereas insanity is the ability to hold firmly to a conclusion that is incompatible with the evidence.” William Harwood

15 minutes ago, FrFan said:

“The difference between faith and insanity is that faith is the ability to hold firmly to a conclusion that is incompatible with the evidence, whereas insanity is the ability to hold firmly to a conclusion that is incompatible with the evidence.” William Harwood

Sigh. Yup.

1 hour ago, Ashburn Dave said:

- I grew up with a poster of Sonny over my bed

- When I married I dreamed of getting season tix

- I finally got season tix

- Had planned on keeping them in the family and passing them on to my two sons

- Gave up my season tix this year (was lower level and paid club level a couple of years to get down there too so I was vested)

- This past weekend I sat down Sunday morning to prepare for the game and had trouble getting AP into my starting lineup on my fantasy team.  Low and behold my team played on Saturday and I didn't even know it.

So sad...........I guess I'm checking out.

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out..to worried about fantasy foosball ya completely forget about the team ya supposedly like.

It's hard to remember that we were in 1st place back in November and now we have mutiny within. Dan Snyder is in big trouble. When your players are complaining about the coaches AND the fans it's time to blow things up. Besides about 7-8 of the young players I'd blow this thing up Jon Gruden style and rebuild this team by moving Doug Williams to team President and hiring a new GM. Trade whoever has any value, notably Trent and Kerrigan. We need a new head coach who will establish a positive culture between players and fans and a GM who we trust can build a winner. Focus on building the defense 1st and grow the offense over the next 3 - 5 years.

If we don't get a new GM and head coach I don't know who would want to come to DC and play for this mess of an organization.

Merry Christmas everyone.

37 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out..to worried about fantasy foosball ya completely forget about the team ya supposedly like.

Totally missed my point but Merry Christmas to you too.

Never said fantasy football was that important either and a Happy New Year too!

55 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

It must suck being one of the few remaining “REAL FANZ!” Left huh?? 

Maybe Snyder will read this and reward you with season tickets so you and the 30 other REAL FANZ can make a ruckus on 3rd down. Of course, there are only 30 of you so the other team can’t hear that over their 60K fans cheering but whatever 

There was a time when I knew the Redskins schedule by heart. Which team they would play, location and time. Maybe this was due to being young and full of energy with limited things to block my thoughts. Now however, I honestly pay so little attention that I didn’t know the game was on Saturday, until Friday had arrived. Pisses me off that I care so little about the team.

28 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Maybe Snyder will read this and reward you with season tickets so you and the 30 other REAL FANZ can make a ruckus on 3rd down. Of course, there are only 30 of you so the other team can’t hear that over their 60K fans cheering but whatever 

You seem so miserable with every post I see you make, and it’s a lot of them 😂. I’m not saying I blame you. Judging from your posts I assume we’re around the same age. I’m 28. I’ve watched every game except one since I’ve became I diehard fan roughly around the 99 season. The one game I missed was actually the Tampa game this season and that was only because I had mandatory work that day and couldn’t afford to get fired lol, still listened on headphones though. But if you hate everything about this team and organization so much why not step away? You seem miserable. Believe me I’m in the same boat as you in terms of success I’ve seen from this team. The most hope I’ve had as a fan was 05 and the RG3 2012 season. The 2012 season was the most fun for me. However I still enjoy my Sunday’s with my Dad and brother at my Dads house drinking watching the games with them and I’ll miss that after this Sunday. I use to go to a lot more home games, use to do 5-8 a season, this season I did 3. I enjoy it more at home now honestly. The opposing teams fans get to be too much and it sucks when me and my friends are the only ones in the section getting loud for defense. It’s no homefield. Anyway my point being I still enjoy Redskins football. You don’t, so why still invest yourself in it? Not calling you out just really interested in why.

58 minutes ago, Ashburn Dave said:

Totally missed my point but Merry Christmas to you too.

Never said fantasy football was that important either and a Happy New Year too!

Let me start by taking that back and saying sorry.. second Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year's to you too..my emotions are getting the best of me and I had no right saying that.

I've been on the train that this team has an 8-8 kind of roster with or without injuries -- and Bruce and company has that mediocrity drill mastered where I don't think they can be much better or much worse.   They don't go for kill in their roster building but do enough to avoid tanking, too.   So we are stuck in football purgatory which I think long term is the worst place to be -- but short term it feels better than tanking.  

The team is good now at drafting -- they are a bit overrated IMO by some though on that front.  IMO they are good at it albeit not great.  But I like Kyle Smith's potential on that front.

Pro personnel management to me they are one of the worst in the league and depending on the year they range from so so at it to bad.  Their peak year on that front of late IMO was 2017.

Then you got the ugly dysfunction soap opera that seems to find us frequently.  And make things seem worse where they feel like the opposite of the 80s teams where the team was likable and cool.

So you add that all in the soup = mediocre.  And an ugly version of mediocre that makes 7-9 feel like 3-13.  

I've been lamenting if anything that I'd like them to bottom at some point.  For example, I don't love the Giants continually getting top 10 picks.  That will eventually make them a better team than ours and judging by the last time we faced them -- maybe they are better already.    

I've been stuck on the idea that the needle is stuck on the same groove on the record.  And i am starting to feel optimistic that this will change.

The Swearinger release has given me hope that this front office might be finally on their way to having a bad year as opposed to mediocre.  It's a nice way to kick off the off season to getting that done.  Obviously, its just step one. Finlay and others have suggested that Bruce-FO are arrogant as heck -- they think they are really really smart and have just befallen by bad luck otherwise they put together stellar rosters.    Reminds me a little of when Cerrato said he gave Zorn a playoff roster.

Personally, I think that weird arrogance might finally do the needed trick to get to the promised land which is a tank season to get Tua or Fromm next year.   

My theory on this is they now have more holes than IMO they did in 2018 and Bruce is typically lousy at using FA to fill them.  So its likely all about the draft and they simply don't have enough picks to fill that many needs.  You couple that with a lousy cap situation and precarious at best QB situation.  Then, finally, I think they might have it cooking for a 4-12 type season.    They might shock me in FA and if so I'd change my mind. 

But right now you got holes on the team and seeing how Bruce rolls the holes are likely getting bigger -- defense likely next year without Norman, Swearinger, Nicholson, Preston Smith.    On offense arguably their best receiver, Crowder likely gone.  And heck according to some beat guys Peterson might not be back either.   Both Davis and Reed might be gone for cap purposes.  Imagine all of this?    

I get the point here is hey its football and its the Redskins and we love them despite it all and embrace the craziness starting the football season.  That's true for most of us otherwise we'd be somewhere else than posting on the board -- so it almost goes without saying.  Yeah I watched a lot of ugly football during Dan's years and the dysfunction hasn't chased me away yet.

But I am sort of in a different place I think than some on the topic.  I am not in the camp of Bruce-Dan are better than we think, give them a break crowd.  I am not in the camp of yeah they are dysfunction but lets love and embrace it anyway crowd because we all love the Redskins.   I am also not in the camp that we are doomed no matter what.  I am stuck on a semi optimistic bent that Dan ALMOST got it right when he hired Scot.  And maybe a new bottom will help Dan to luck into a solution like that again.  Will see. 😎

None of this is sarcasm, I genuinely feel that for the team to bounce back they need for once to be in position to take a potential franchise QB - and as a guy who loves both Tua and Fromm, I've recently gone from a guy lamenting that they have no shot at it to feeling like they are within reach.  Letting Swearinger go and making the safety spot a mess at both SS and FS is a good start.  Once they let Norman go (I understand that one for cap reasons) their sketchy secondary then gets really weak.   And on and on and on. 

Bruce could think all he wants about all the injured players coming back and every pick they have in the draft will be a hit -- but the math to me doesn't add up this time.    I think they finally got it cooking to go south of 8-8 and I've not felt this way in years.  I've been predicting good seasons.  

23 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

You seem so miserable with every post I see you make, and it’s a lot of them 😂. I’m not saying I blame you. Judging from your posts I assume we’re around the same age. I’m 28. I’ve watched every game except one since I’ve became I diehard fan roughly around the 99 season. The one game I missed was actually the Tampa game this season and that was only because I had mandatory work that day and couldn’t afford to get fired lol, still listened on headphones though. But if you hate everything about this team and organization so much why not step away? You seem miserable. Believe me I’m in the same boat as you in terms of success I’ve seen from this team. The most hope I’ve had as a fan was 05 and the RG3 2012 season. The 2012 season was the most fun for me. However I still enjoy my Sunday’s with my Dad and brother at my Dads house drinking watching the games with them and I’ll miss that after this Sunday. I use to go to a lot more home games, use to do 5-8 a season, this season I did 3. I enjoy it more at home now honestly. The opposing teams fans get to be too much and it sucks when me and my friends are the only ones in the section getting loud for defense. It’s no homefield. Anyway my point being I still enjoy Redskins football. You don’t, so why still invest yourself in it? Not calling you out just really interested in why.

Im slowly drifting away. It’s hard to make a clean break after 25 years tho. 

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I deserve this..most certainly.. you have an excellent point. I still question my fan hood...why..why and the **** do I still support this team..WHY.... And when I say support I don't mean support like a lot of you fans on this site do... I can't remember the last time I bought some Redskins merchandise.. everything I have with the Redskins logo was a gift from somebody. Last time I purchased a ticket to a game was in 2005 when I flew from Alaska to Idaho to drive to Denver.. so I most certainly don't put as much "support" into the team as many of you do..and for those who are dogging the Skins not renewing season tickets and just not purchasing merchandise or going to the games I completely understand and respect it. I'm a big fat looser and have no other hobbies other than my family and Redskins football...summer time is spent playing outside traveling camping fishing...fall through winter is football holidays and family... I have no problem coming forward saying that the Redskins organization dropped the ball on this and that..the front office of the Redskins is absolutely horrendous and they are ****ty and they suck and they're running this team into the ground why do I come back am I allowed to be a fan like this...

I am seeing it go down this way:

Norman, Swearinger, Nicholson, V. Davis, Peterson, J. Reed, Crowder, Preston Smith -- all gone. 

Based on what's been said by people covering the team this is all likely aside from maybe there is a chance Peterson and Reed return. 

The secondary is already shaky as is.  imagine after those moves?

Weapons already shaky as it -- imagine after those moves?

QB is a mess and its the most important position.  And it looks like they are doubling down on Colt.

We got the same dude likely in charge who touted that D. Jax and Garcon's production would be made up for by Quick and Pryor and dealt with last years O line injury issues by doubling down on Lauvao and letting Long go and adding no interior depth.  Imagine having to patch a lot more holes?  

How is he going to patch all of these holes?   If he goes at it like he typically does -- they are in trouble.  People say the draft but outside of your top two picks, the rest of the draft is one big wild card -- hit and misses.

My point here isn't to bash the off season in advance but to actually say for once instead of sweating their FA signings like I typically do because I think they can figure out how to take the next step -- I am going to embrace the Scandrick, McClain type signings.  I do think they can figure out how to bottom out this roster and stumble on it accidentally.  And if Bruce is in charge I think this roster's challenges is more than he can handle if he rolls like he typically does.  And if so for once, I am going to embrace it because it serves a greater purpose.

The weirdest thing about Dan's tenure is as bad as his teams have been -- they've never been the worst where they've been at the right place at the right time as for example it happened with the Colts and other teams.  And as nuts as this may sound, the 5-11, 6-10 stuff is bad luck, you want a 2-14 season at the right time.  2019 IMO is the perfect time for it.  

Just clean the whole house including yourself some how Snyder....I'm dead serious when I say I prey every day, that what happened to Richardson in Carolina will happen to Snyder.. something Lord anything anything to get this scumbag out of ownership..

My luck(our luck)it would be some other incompetent dweeb loser that bought the team and we would be in the same horse **** for another 25 years.

11 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I deserve this..most certainly.. you have an excellent point. I still question my fan hood...why..why and the **** do I still support this team..WHY.... And when I say support I don't mean support like a lot of you fans on this site do... I can't remember the last time I bought some Redskins merchandise.. everything I have with the Redskins logo was a gift from somebody. Last time I purchased a ticket to a game was in 2005 when I flew from Alaska to Idaho to drive to Denver.. so I most certainly don't put as much "support" into the team as many of you do..and for those who are dogging the Skins not renewing season tickets and just not purchasing merchandise or going to the games I completely understand and respect it. I'm a big fat looser and have no other hobbies other than my family and Redskins football...summer time is spent playing outside traveling camping fishing...fall through winter is football holidays and family... I have no problem coming forward saying that the Redskins organization dropped the ball on this and that..the front office of the Redskins is absolutely horrendous and they are ****ty and they suck and they're running this team into the ground why do I come back am I allowed to be a fan like this...

Fan how you want to fan. 

I was just giving you a hard time cuz you came at the other guy crazy lol. Keep fighting that good fight dude  

Archived