Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Cut DJ Swearinger!

skinfan2k

Mixed emotions here. 

On the one hand he was our best player in the secondary and his play will be miss.

Other hand, he was one of the team captains and airing out his frustrations to the media is a bad example of being a leader.(lesson to learn boys and girls)

Anyway he'll hook up with a playoff contender.

23 minutes ago, cgm110 said:

If Manusky is back I won't be able to stomach it --- He is probably worse than Joe Berry and as bad as Haslett

Hassett every once in a while coached up a brilliant defensive performance.  Like that Cowboys game where he dialed up pressure with an assortment of blitzes.  Manusky has never, ever elevated this team.

15 minutes ago, thebeermonkey said:

So basically the coaches are returning.

Gruden cannot prepare and picks and chooses arbitrary punishment. Absolutely no leadership on a ship that continues to sink to the worst run franchise in the nfl.

bravo jay, bravo. How about holding yourself and your coaches responsible for something? You never seem to.

That takes someone with a spine and not insecure, which apparently we lack just about everywhere in this organization.

Bad Decision! Gruden should have addressed this when he first started mouthing off. Not today, 2 days after another loss. 

I wouldn't have cut him, but he would have been disciplined after the 1st incident. If he didn't learn, then increase the punishment (fine him, bench him, suspend him, then finally cut him).

Sucks that a decent player is now gone for nothing!!! Now, we got more holes to fill on this team. 🤬🤬🤬

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For all you claiming DJ was not an asset to the team.

1. Durable 

2. Playmaker (didn’t mention fumble)

3. Studies the game and is in the right place.

And Redskins are only worried about some ****ing code. That’s why losing is normal here. Listen to your players Manusky and Gruden. Win some goddamn games and you won’t have a honest player telling the goddamn truth to the world. **** we already know, but the Redskins hate it when stories about there ineptness gets confirmed. 

**** this team!!!!

1 minute ago, Garcon More Wine said:

is anyone else really bothered by the constant comments about how soft practice is?  whats the deal here?  do we really run this weak joke of a practice?  i mean it would explain the performance a lot of the time, but im surprised that this isnt discussed more.

It bothers me a bunch.  Practices don't need to be death marches but we seem to just sort of be an outlier.  I remember the stuff when Spurrier was here and people saying it was a country club atmosphere.  It makes one wonder if a little extra something in practices would push this team from perpetual 6-9 win seasons to more 8-11 win ones.

I also get concerned if inappropriate practice practices don't play a role in injuries.  We always seem to have a ton and end up just wilting down the stretch when we otherwise had control of our destiny.

Just now, crabbypatty said:

I guess this pretty much seals it. Bruce, gruden and company are safe. 

The injury excuses save the day for them.

next year is going to be 2009 all over.  we'll trot out the same garbage smith and colt combo (whoevers leg is working), and beef up the defense in the draft, and sign WRs in FA.  we will ignore drafting a QB (as usual), and it will be true toxic garbage all over the place.  there will be people turning in fan cards, bruce protests, just frustration and disgust for everything the team does.  and dan could fix it all right now by getting rid of everything, but he wont.  hes gonna sit on his hands because of who allens dad was and because doug won a superbowl 30 years ago, and continue down this horrible trail.

so awful.

50 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Stupid, stupid move.  He was one of our best defensive players.  I get that he was crossing the line calling out coaches, but if you really want him gone with only one game left in the season, make him inactive for the last game with a paid one game suspension for conduct detrimental to the team.  That will send your message.  It also allows the the team to retain his rights and trade him during the off-season. With the way he was playing and the affordable contract, we could've gotten a midround pick for him.  Just plain stupid.  

Just a bunch of emotional ****es. It is what it is with this organization. Sensitive mother****ers

1 minute ago, Garcon More Wine said:

next year is going to be 2009 all over.  we'll trot out the same garbage smith and colt combo (whoevers leg is working), and beef up the defense in the draft, and sign WRs in FA.  we will ignore drafting a QB (as usual), and it will be true toxic garbage all over the place.  there will be people turning in fan cards, bruce protests, just frustration and disgust for everything the team does.  and dan could fix it all right now by getting rid of everything, but he wont.  hes gonna sit on his hands because of who allens dad was and because doug won a superbowl 30 years ago, and continue down this horrible trail.

so awful.

I'm seriously considering turning mine in and just quitting football all together. 

37 years I have been watching this team, and gruden and Bruce returning will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Fatigue is setting in, in a major way. This team just grinds your fandom to dust in a methodical fashion, until there's nothing left.

First it was good fun and some nice fire but at some point we just get tired of his act. You can not calling out teammates over and over again when you are part of the problem. He should have showed some serious self criticism and get his guys to work. Not just bad mouth after every game. 

To bad it ended this way but he was cut before. Man talks to much

This is going to tear what little cohesiveness remained in the locker room apart.

How they could possibly continue to **** up this badly in every situation is mind boggling.

Clear massage is being sent, we value the coaching staff more than winning and pro bowl talent.

We enjoy pounding square pegs into round holes. **** you if you're square.

Unbelievably stupid on all fronts.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’d honestly love if Philly signs DJ Swearinger this week (why not, they have safety issues right?) and then he gets a pick 6 against us. Just to say **** you Bruce and jay 😂😂😂

No. Vikings take him. Cousins and Swearinger make the playoffs, rip the team a new one. THAT would hurt.

Archived