Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Say it ain't so Montae...

Unbias

3 minutes ago, arftech said:

The whole secondary sucked so there's that.  I'm going to wait for the scheme changes with the new coaches and go from there.  The coaches are a  lot more qualified about whether players suck or not than some member's posts on a bulletin a board.😉

Which is why he’ll get cut soon enough.

Does it really need to be explained that when you find someone who is dying the FIRST move is to either call 911 or rush her to the hospital?  Instead he took the time to call the brother, who knows how long he took before or after that call to actually do something about this tragedy while it was ongoing?     Yeah that alone deserves criticism, if I'm the family I could not stop wondering if those wasted minutes were the difference. 

You put this with his other off the field issues, the fact that a guy who was a far below average starter skipped  OTAs which were not mandatory but still a really good idea for such a crappy player, and yeah I'm done with him.  

12 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Does it really need to be explained that when you find someone who is dying the FIRST move is to either call 911 or rush her to the hospital?

Unless of course, you're thinking only of yourself in that moment and how this situation would derail your career. There in lies the issue.

But things have changed................drastically........seismic, tectonic shifts are underway

Ron Rivera & Co. are going to look at MN and others with a very different eye and a very different set of priorities.

I'm comfortable just letting them handle it, because I'm sure it will be handled

2 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

But things have changed................drastically........seismic, tectonic shifts are underway

Ron Rivera & Co. are going to look at MN and others with a very different eye and a very different set of priorities.

I'm comfortable just letting them handle it, because I'm sure it will be handled

Perfect summation!  Thanks!

32 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Unless of course, you're thinking only of yourself in that moment and how this situation would derail your career. There in lies the issue.

First, let me be clear - he screwed up and honestly should probably not be a Redskin. However, that does not mean it's a slam dunk. 

I was with a group of guys many years ago and we were doing stupid guy things - throwing beer bottles at street signs. One ricocheted and hit my friend in the head opening a huge gash. We ran him directly to the emergency room. We were way out in the country. 

Just recently, a city worker left the lid off the water meter leaving a hidden by grass 4 foot hole. I managed to find that hole tearing my MCL badly. I should have called 911. However, I limped my way back to the subway then limped my way home not going to the doctor for a few days. 

Sorry, especially guys do not think of calling for help. We are certain we can handle it ourselves. It's a stupid guy thing but it's not imaginary. So I can absolutely see two young men seeing the situation and deciding they should just take her themselves. 

As for him leaving right away, there are conflicting reports that say he in fact waited almost 30 mins until the family was there. I am not saying they are true. But we should let the facts be presented before jumping to judgement.

If I remember, many, including myself actually, were all over Reuben Foster only to find out the girl lied yet again. He still had some off field issues but none were as serious as those claims. 

I agree with @LD0506 in that I trust RR to make the call. If he keeps MN around it's because they have seen enough to determine he is telling the truth and I OK with that. If not and they release him, i will not shed a single tear. Good bye and good riddance. 

43 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Doesn't this go without saying? Of course the coaching staff is going to make the ultamite decision, we're just voicing our opinions. 

As a fan, my opinion is he's a subpar player, with lots of serious off field issues, that skipped OTAs and not worth the headache and is not dependable.

What a great way to start changing culture than dumping off field ****bags.

Just curious...

Whats the difference of Montana Nicholson’s season versus Deron Payne or Jon Allen???? The facts are the defense as a whole was terrible defending the run and pass.

I truly don’t know, due to not attempting to break down the 600+ plays for each player, but from my fan view they all were average to below. 

**Should mention, this isn’t intended to discredit a fans ability to reach conclusions about a player through watching the games. 

40 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Just curious...

Whats the difference of Montana Nicholson’s season versus Deron Payne or Jon Allen???? The facts are the defense as a whole was terrible defending the run and pass.

I truly don’t know, due to not attempting to break down the 600+ plays for each player, but from my fan view they all were average to below. 

**Should mention, this isn’t intended to discredit a fans ability to reach conclusions about a player through watching the games. 

The whole damn defense stunk which could be related to the schemes the coaches had them play.  I'm in chill state about Montae and we shall see.

5 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Does it really need to be explained that when you find someone who is dying the FIRST move is to either call 911 or rush her to the hospital?  Instead he took the time to call the brother, who knows how long he took before or after that call to actually do something about this tragedy while it was ongoing?     Yeah that alone deserves criticism, if I'm the family I could not stop wondering if those wasted minutes were the difference. 

Having been in a life and death situation I can say that most times, it is not immediately clear what type of situation it is.  Finding someone unconscious does not mean it is life and death.  Im sure that MN's diagnosis skills are probably lacking as well.  You cant really expect him to act like a paramedic.  I seriously doubt that he is certified in CPR.  He probably saw a chick and thought she was passed out so he called her brother.  People don't have signs on them that say that there dying or just passed out.  

I AM IN NO WAY defending MN's character!!!!

Its clear to me that with the continuing talk about MN.  He should be a much better player then he has been and thats the problem.  If he stays, I hope that JDR can get the most out of him as a player because I have a feeling that he will go somewhere else and shine. 

6 hours ago, LD0506 said:

how they handle the said handling of MN will give us a handle on how they operate in personnel.

Me i think he should be a goner.  Good athlete with $0.10 head, seen that story a gillion times.  Apke is faster and a harder worker even if less talented.  Harrison will cost too much but seems like if any team offers Boston a multiyear deal he will run faster to Skins park than Kirk did to sign his first tag.   That is if Ron wants him but seems like the narrative with players of his, they would like to keep working for him.  Lets hope that goes with Bradberry as well.  Those two could shore up some deficiencies we have.

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Doesn't this go without saying? Of course the coaching staff is going to make the ultamite decision, we're just voicing our opinions. 

As a fan, my opinion is he's a subpar player, with lots of serious off field issues, that skipped OTAs and not worth the headache and is not dependable.

You would think so but was it handled? Nope

The last iteration of the coaching staff punted, all I'm saying is that I'm pretty comfy believing that Rivera & co ain't gonna punt ****

(But I agree, kickin MN to the curb sends a positive message about baggage)

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Same (new staff decisions) is gonna apply to Reuben Foster...wonder what they think of him?

14 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Same (new staff decisions) is gonna apply to Reuben Foster...wonder what they think of him?

What has Foster done here that is wrong in your eyes other than getting hurt on the first day of mini camp?  He's been a model citizen as far as that cliche goes.

51 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's unfortunate.

Not sure why. He’s only the best left tackle in football and creates a giant hole on our football team that must be filled. Dang right he should want him back. 

hopefully RR doesn’t make decisions like a fan because he’s “not loyal” to the “fans” emotions and chose to be a man like said “fans” on this board.

8 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Not sure why. He’s only the best left tackle in football and creates a giant hole on our football team that must be filled. Dang right he should want him back. 

hopefully RR doesn’t make decisions like a fan because he’s “not loyal” to the “fans” emotions and chose to be a man like said “fans” on this board.

I don't like seeing players putting themselves over teams, by smoking weed or getting in trouble. I also don't like cheering for animal abusers, but yeah, pretend it's because of some fan bull**** dip****tery you've manufactured.

That giant hole wasn't missing too badly this year, which is good, because the guy can't take decent enough care of himself to play a full schedule anyway.

56 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't like seeing players putting themselves over teams, by smoking weed or getting in trouble. I also don't like cheering for animal abusers, but yeah, pretend it's because of some fan bull**** dip****tery you've manufactured.

That giant hole wasn't missing too badly this year, which is good, because the guy can't take decent enough care of himself to play a full schedule anyway.

Its a business which is why teams put teams first everyday. Trent and every NFL player should always put themselves first just like you do. 

"Animal abuser" is pure speculation and to pretend our offensive line played well is lunacy.  We couldn't run the ball and got every qb beat up and concussed.  And considering our training staff was a dumpster fire Trent was forced to take care of himself.

Get off your high horse before you hit your head.

On 1/16/2020 at 8:49 AM, wit33 said:

Just curious...

The difference is that DaRon Payne has a decent year by PFF grading and Allen is the tone setter for our defense, led our DL in tackles and was still productive rushing the passer in a down year. Montae has literally never had a good season. He had one stretch where he was good for a few games and then got hurt. There is a reason Allen and Payne were drafted in the first and Nicholson fell. He’s not as good as them. He’s more frequently injured. And he may be at least partially responsible for the death of a young woman who was doing illegal drugs at his residence, and for whom he didn’t call 911. They are in no way comparable. This is also the second time he’s had legal/moral issues in a one year period. 

There is nothing about Montae that couldn’t be easily replaced by a cheap FA and I would certainly replace him if it were my decision. 

15 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Its a business which is why teams put teams first everyday. Trent and every NFL player should always put themselves first just like you do. 

"Animal abuser" is pure speculation and to pretend our offensive line played well is lunacy.  We couldn't run the ball and got every qb beat up and concussed.  And considering our training staff was a dumpster fire Trent was forced to take care of himself.

Get off your high horse before you hit your head.

He defended dog fighting and beating dogs to death. That isn't speculation too. Same with Portis, who's shockingly in legal trouble yet again. Not Trents got a disaster of a back yard breeding operation with dogs attacking other dogs and being born with disabilities. Yeah, I'm fine on that high horse. I'm a rescue, it's more of a moral baseline to not defend dog fighting.

And yes, NFL is a job where other people depend on you, unless you're Trent Williams and nobody can even depend on you to play your 9 healthy games a year for a ****load of millions of dollars because you don't like Bruce. Nobody likes bruce, but cats like Allen are showing out every day on a rookie contract.

So yes, for his price tag and fear of missed games by injury or suspension, along with not being a team first player, I'll take whatever draft pick we can get. Especially since his back up may start as much as he does.

We ran the ball pretty well at the end of the year too.

22 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He defended dog fighting and beating dogs to death. That isn't speculation too. Same with Portis, who's shockingly in legal trouble yet again. Not Trents got a disaster of a back yard breeding operation with dogs attacking other dogs and being born with disabilities. Yeah, I'm fine on that high horse. I'm a rescue, it's more of a moral baseline to not defend dog fighting.

And yes, NFL is a job where other people depend on you, unless you're Trent Williams and nobody can even depend on you to play your 9 healthy games a year for a ****load of millions of dollars because you don't like Bruce. Nobody likes bruce, but cats like Allen are showing out every day on a rookie contract.

So yes, for his price tag and fear of missed games by injury or suspension, along with not being a team first player, I'll take whatever draft pick we can get. Especially since his back up may start as much as he does.

We ran the ball pretty well at the end of the year too.

Please post article/info referring to him being charged with animal abuse since it’s common knowledge.  What he thinks is okay or not is his prerogative just like yours as long as he abides by the law. 

Now, redskins stats:

total yards- 29th

passing yards- 32nd

rush yd-22nd

Rush yrd/gm-22nd

rush tds-27th

sacks allowed-26th

So explain why RR should not want him back other than your smug hypocritical finger wagging.  

Archived