Unbias

Say it ain't so Montae...

Why won't he contact the family and accept responsibility for what happened?  Most likely his agent and lawyer are advising him to say nothing.

By not talking to the family it is not surprising that the family is starting to have doubts about what he did that night and they might have talked

with others who were in his house that night.  Eventually the truth will come out--one way or the other.   The autopsy will speak loudly as well.

Unfortunately, the Deadskins management team has been defending their players forever and asking local jurisdictions to give them a break

over the years.  I am sure many other NFL teams follow the same pattern.  When you recruit nuckleheads then you often get trouble that follows.

It's easy to sit calmly at our keyboards and say what he should and shouldn't have done, but this was an intense situation and maybe he did what he thought was best for the woman at the time.

It could have gone like this; He had nothing to do with her drug taking, but soon realised that she was in some distress. He decided that it would be quicker to drive her to the hospital than call 911 and wait for an ambulance. He quickly called her brother to let the family know what had happened. When he got to the hospital she was pronounced dead and so he gave his details and left.

Obviously, it may have been more sinister. Maybe he supplied her with the drugs, didn't call 911 because he didn't want anyone coming to his home and discovering the paraphernalia, called her brother, decided to dump her off at the hospital and then bailed at the earliest opportunity to avoid implication.

None of us actually know what his motives really were for his actions, and I would guess that not many of us could be 100% certain that we would make optimal decisions if in the same situation.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until more information comes to light. Innocent until proven guilty.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to judge him or his actions or anything else. He could be a saint in all of this. Who knows. I dont even care really. 

My only point is that I dont think he should be playing. Even being around the team might not be good. If you're the Redskins and his situation goes bad, you need to distance yourself. Maybe he was the dealer. Now the rest of the team is questionable. We dont know. It's not his first incident and hes young. That's not good.

You're automatically a role model and charity representative when you enter the league. A franchises reputation matters. That's all. 

When you cant even get the name right on a ring of fame player, and you've got one of the worst records, midseason coaching change and your premiere player refuses to play, you've got to pay some attention to image. :ols:

Okay, it's settled. He's innocent until proven guilty, but he shouldn't be playing for a myriad of reasons. 

Everybody good with that? :806:

Hail. 

• Like 2

On 11/28/2019 at 8:11 AM, veteranskinsfan said:

Why won't he contact the family and accept responsibility for what happened?  Most likely his agent and lawyer are advising him to say nothing.

By not talking to the family it is not surprising that the family is starting to have doubts about what he did that night and they might have talked

with others who were in his house that night.  Eventually the truth will come out--one way or the other.   The autopsy will speak loudly as well.

Unfortunately, the Deadskins management team has been defending their players forever and asking local jurisdictions to give them a break

over the years.  I am sure many other NFL teams follow the same pattern.  When you recruit nuckleheads then you often get trouble that follows.

Why would he have to call the family and accept responsibility? Responsibility for what? not keeping an eye on her 24/7 so she doesn't OD?

The autopsy won't prove anything. It'll show she had drugs in her system. That's a no-brainer but how does it change the situation? 

On 11/27/2019 at 3:56 PM, Koolblue13 said:

What if he had called 911 immediately, instead of calling other people before driving her to the hospital? 

He made a choice of what he thought would be the best solution. What "justice" is required?

We live in a world now where parents don't want to admit they have ****ty kids. It's always someone else's fault that their kids turned out the way they did. Denial ain't just a river in Africa.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Woman brought to ER by Redskins player died of accidental fentanyl overdose

https://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2020/01/woman-brought-to-er-by-redskins-player-died-of-accidental-fentanyl-overdose/

On 11/22/2019 at 9:51 AM, Califan007 said:

...it's most likely heroin or fentanyl--or even worse, heroin spiked with fentanyl that she didn't know about.

😐

Fentanyl is a serious ****ing problem...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

So, Nicholson has yet to be charged with a single crime. Interesting. I guess the team did know more than the fans that were whining to cut the guy 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, Nicholson has yet to be charged with a single crime. Interesting. I guess the team did know more than the fans that were whining to cut the guy 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

His on-field performance the last part of the season should be reason enough to cut him... 😉

8 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

His on-field performance the last part of the season should be reason enough to cut him... 😉

I think when you have a poor pass rush and beyond subpar corners, the safeties are always the one that end up looking the most incompetent. It's like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound and then getting pissed off the bandaid didn't prevent the wound from getting infected.

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Totally not the point. When you're dragging dead girlfriends into the hospital for over dosing and making phone calls not to hospitals or police, it's time to sit down for a bit. Take a lap and think about life, not play football, which he obviously wasn't doing.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I think when you have a poor pass rush and beyond subpar corners, the safeties are always the one that end up looking the most incompetent. It's like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound and then getting pissed off the bandaid didn't prevent the wound from getting infected.

True, we didn't do much to cover his terrible play and decision making and as a result, you could see blown overages pretty often.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Totally not the point. When you're dragging dead girlfriends into the hospital for over dosing and making phone calls not to hospitals or police, it's time to sit down for a bit. Take a lap and think about life, not play football, which he obviously wasn't doing.

True, we didn't do much to cover his terrible play and decision making and as a result, you could see blown overages pretty often.

I think as a young safety, it's understandable and sort of expected to consistently be out of position when the same applies to the corners. At a certain point there's so much bedlam out there in the secondary that it was a basic free-for-all. I'm not excusing his play but it'd be nice if we had a verbal leader in the secondary to help direct traffic. Dunbar doesn't say much, nor does Moreau and Norman just pouted all year. Collins needed to take a more vocal role.

Edited by PartyPosse

Montae seems like a loose cannon to me. Maybe the change of coaching staff and dare I say a more disciplined environment might have a positive effect on him. 

Hopefully he’s competing with a couple of new FS in training camp as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It's an active investigation, jus to confirm, have they formally announced that they wont press charges or jus that they haven't yet?

Montae-Nicholson-Julia-Crabbe-800x445.jpShe looks like someone very close to me...who is alive and well though

Edited by ClaytoAli

Montae is a hot-head on and off the field; cut him. 

He's on the last year of his rookie deal. Costs 150k to cut him this year vs paying him his 900k salary. 

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's an active investigation, jus to confirm, have they formally announced that they wont press charges or jus that they haven't yet?

TMZ: MONTAE NICHOLSON INVESTIGATION WOMAN'S DEATH RULED ACCIDENT ... 'Fentanyl Intoxication'

Cops tell us the investigation is still open and ongoing.

Ross and other members of Crabbe's family protested at both Redskins games and practices this season.

Protesting for their dead daughter.... seriously the team doesn't need to deal with that. 

• Like 2

@Mooka  Ya, until they announce who's drugs they were, the concern is they will rule they are his.  ODs are typically accidents, that's not news, confirming it was fentanyl is.  

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Ignore the off the field stuff. On the field, it is clear Montae does not have the instincts for the game. You have to bring in a vet like Tre Boston to at least compete for the position but if Montae still looks like **** in training camp, you cut him and keep Apke is Apke is your best special teamer

Agree with competition is warranted, but I’m all for letting a competent coaching staff work with Nicholson. Maybe he wasn’t put in the best positions to succeed like others discussed. Still cheap by the way. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2019 at 10:49 AM, Riggo-toni said:

If you are a young kid and find out somebody has ODed at your house, you might initially be worried about calling 911 for fear of getting your gf busted. Poor decision calling the brother first for sure, but more in line with a state of panic rather than an indicator of guilt.

The justice for Julia line is absurd. She did this to herself. I don't know if the family is in denial or hopes to exploit the aftermath to shake down Nicholson.

A young person might have thought that leaving immediately and driving to the hospital would get them help more quickly. 

I certainly thought that when I drove my friend to the hospital after he started shaking uncontrollably and his fingernails started turning blue.  It might of been because of drug use, but I didn't know what the symptoms meant (still don't) and I didn't interrogate him.  I just thought he was in trouble and I needed to get him help as quickly as I could.  After the fact you think "damn I should have just called 911."  That is certainly what I'd do now that I'm much older and slightly wiser.  At the time though you just panic and react. 

(he survived)

• Like 4

I’ll leave it up to the coaching staff to decide Montae’s fate. I’m fine whatever they decide. I don’t trust what Manusky was doing with anyone in that back 5.  
But there is no doubt his time is almost up. He better come ready to work, or he won’t be here long. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 3:10 PM, ntotoro said:

Scheme

3 hours ago, -JB- said:

Cut this guy already.

Why?

6 minutes ago, -JB- said:

He sucks.

The whole secondary sucked so there's that.  I'm going to wait for the scheme changes with the new coaches and go from there.  The coaches are a  lot more qualified about whether players suck or not than some member's posts on a bulletin a board.😉