Fergasun

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Recommended Posts

Real Conservatives fled long ago. 

Nothing in the GOP resembles conservatism at all.

Or anything any self respecting American would ever put up with, for that matter.

 

~Bang

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Border Security" lunch attendees with Trump.

 

White House: 

Pence, Mulvaney, Kushner, Shahira Knight (legislative affairs for WH),

 

Senate:
Lee, Graham, Shelby

 

House:

Meadows, Jordan, Gaetz, Biggs

 

No Democrats - not even serious.  Perhaps they are talking about what they can get between $1.6B and 5B...

 

If Trump wanted his wall, he should've taken the $25B over 10 years for DACA deal... way back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bang said:

Real Conservatives fled long ago. 

Nothing in the GOP resembles conservatism at all.

Or anything any self respecting American would ever put up with, for that matter.

 

~Bang

Yup.  Now we are homeless.  

 

I keep an eye on what Dems are doing.  I will be very disappointed if even one of them votes for 1 penny towards the wall.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure why everyone thinks a wall is a bad idea. I disagree that it won’t be effective.  It isn’t going to stop everyone, but it would make it significantly harder.

 

 

Right now you can walk right across... 

 

 

The real question is if it is worth 5 billion dollars worth  to build a wall, and it if can actually be built for 5 billion, not if a wall will deter illegal immigrants.  I’m not really sure.  No one is bringing a lot of facts to the table.

 

 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let us not forget that the basic idea of a border wall is STUPID and id you think a wall is going to stop illegal immigration then you’re dumb.

 

Want to stop illegal immigration?  Make Mexico a more desirable place for people to live.  Spend all that border money on things like increased police technology, discouraging corruption, and Mexico’s economy.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Let us not forget that the basic idea of a border wall is STUPID and id you think a wall is going to stop illegal immigration then you’re dumb

 

Ok then. I see it now.

 

Quote

 

Want to stop illegal immigration?  Make Mexico a more desirable place for people to live.  Spend all that border money on things like increased police technology, discouraging corruption, and Mexico’s economy.

 

Nation building is a Republican past time...

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Trump can have 5 billion for a dumb patch of his wall in exchange for legal residence and path to citizenship for DACA recipients.

 

I thiink dems should make if about gun control. You get the wall we get gun control. DACA already exists and I thought the courts shut down his ending it. Plus, that’s probably too easy for trump to accept.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’m not sure why everyone thinks a wall is a bad idea. I disagree that it won’t be effective.  It isn’t going to stop everyone, but it would make it significantly harder.

 

 

Right now you can walk right across... 

 

 

The real question is if 5 billion dollars worth building a wall, not if a wall will deter illegal immigrants.  I’m not really sure.  No one is bringing a lot of facts to the table.

 

 

 

1.  Its dumb.  Beyond dumb.  The concept of it is a complete waste of money.

 

2.  You can’t just “walk right across”.  High volume areas are already lined with fence.

 

3.  No chance this wall is only $5B.  It won’t  deter illegal immigration either.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Springfield said:

 

1.  Its dumb.  Beyond dumb.  The concept of it is a complete waste of money.

 

2.  You can’t just “walk right across”.  High volume areas are already lined with fence.

 

3.  No chance this wall is only $5B.  It won’t  deter illegal immigration either.

 

 

 

 

Ok, like I said there is no facts here. It’s just statements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

 

Ok, like I said there is no facts here. It’s just statements.

 

As of January 2009, U.S. Customs and Border Protection reported that it had more than 580 miles (930 km) of barriers in place.

 

a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) internal report in February put the cost at $21.6 billion, but that may be a major underestimate.

 

 

$5billion is NOTHING compared to $21.6... which could be a MAJOR underestimate.

 

Its appalling that Trump has changed the narrative that a border wall is even a necessity.  Don’t buy his ****ing lies.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The largest unguarded border in the world is our northern border.

No one seems to care.

If safety and security was actually a concern, there's thousands of miles of unguarded wilderness that anyone can walk across... carrying all sorts of drugs, or women, or whatever anyone wants to smuggle. (weapons, bombs...  ). (I mean, "China white' wouldn't have an easy time coming through Vancouver, right? Huge port, lots of chinese mob influence. Huge untended border.. The difference is there aren't scads of dirty brown poor people making the whole place depressing.

 

Stop pretending it's about security. The whole ****ing thing was to whip up the stupid who as usual FAIL utterly in pinpointing the source of their problems.

Newsflash Billy Bob,, it's not the Mexican who took your job that's the problem.

it's the ****ing AMERICAN who gave it to him and fired YOU that is the problem. He fired you because you require pay that you can live on, and he will work for a lot less and can be exploited. And the American who fired you knows that so long as pigs like him are willing to fire you and hire him, there will always BE a him. And they will ALWAYS fire you and save the pennies.

it's not ****ing security, dip****,, the PROBLEM is pointing your ignorant nose out of his door and to an easy scapegoat...  that he enables right under your dumb**** nose.

 

But, then again, these are the same people who believe Trump is about the common man and tells it like it is.

Also known as "****ing morons".

 

~Bang

 

 

 

 

Edited by Bang
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting really tired of everyone talking about how these poor people won't get a paycheck for Christmas.  That is simply NOT TRUE!  There are plenty of reasons this shutdown is dumb.  Try using some true reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm getting really tired of everyone talking about how these poor people won't get a paycheck for Christmas.  That is simply NOT TRUE!  There are plenty of reasons this shutdown is dumb.  Try using some true reasons.

 

Easy to say if you’re not one of these contracted employees who do work for the feds. They won’t get a paycheck and in many cases it’s lower level pay positions such as janitors. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm getting really tired of everyone talking about how these poor people won't get a paycheck for Christmas.  That is simply NOT TRUE!  There are plenty of reasons this shutdown is dumb.  Try using some true reasons.

 

You're overthinking it, i was wrong on all of them not getting a check for Christmas, but being given immediate financial insecurity the week of Christmas is pretty damn bad.  They just came out and said this likely won't get resolved until Thursday at the earliest this is going into new years at this rate

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skinsfanfrombirth said:

 

Easy to say if you’re not one of these contracted employees who do work for the feds. They won’t get a paycheck and in many cases it’s lower level pay positions such as janitors. 

Not saying there aren't any but contract workers usually are getting paid because contracts are negotiated and paid well in advance.  I even remember one of the shutdowns a while ago, a contractor was getting paid so they had to show up and stay in the parking lot because their building wasn't open.  But they weren't allowed to stay home because the contract required them to be there.

 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

 

You're overthinking it, i was wrong on all of them not getting a check for Christmas, but being given immediate financial insecurity the week of Christmas is pretty damn bad.  They just came out and said this likely won't get resolved until Thursday at the earliest this is going into new years at this rate

Then talk about how bad the unknown is.  And how they may be hesitant to spend money now because they dont know if they will get paid after mid January. You know, stuff that is actually true.  Using this whole "they are working for free on Christmas" is nothing but a lie.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

 

Then talk about how bad the unknown is.  And how they may be hesitant to spend money now because they dont know if they will get paid after mid January. You know, stuff that is actually true.  Using this whole "they are working for free on Christmas" is nothing but a lie.  

 

I haven't talked about that since it was addressed and i was corrected, so i dont get talking about what i need to talk about on that one (i literally just addressed it first time since).  That technicality isn't the biggest issue here, lets not let it become a distraction, point of this is being missed anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Trump can have 5 billion for a dumb patch of his wall in exchange for legal residence and path to citizenship for DACA recipients.

 

For only 5B ya would get only those here under 5 yrs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.