Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I haven't talked about that since it was addressed and i was corrected, so i dont get talking about what i need to talk about on that one (i literally just addressed it first time since).  That technicality isn't the biggest issue here, lets not let it become a distraction, point of this is being missed anyway

Sorry if it seems like it was directed at you.  It wasn't.  It was towards the talking heads and twitter warriors.

I consider it more than a technicality.  It is using a lie to tug at heart strings.  I've said my bit though so I will get off my soapbox.  People here are now aware of what the truth is.  They can use that info as they see fit.

9 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’m not sure why everyone thinks a wall is a bad idea. I disagree that it won’t be effective.  It isn’t going to stop everyone, but it would make it significantly harder.

Right now you can walk right across... 

The real question is if it is worth 5 billion dollars worth  to build a wall, and it if can actually be built for 5 billion, not if a wall will deter illegal immigrants.  I’m not really sure.  No one is bringing a lot of facts to the table.

OK, here’s a couple of facts for you. First, how did El Chapo escape from prison. *Hint* The same way a lot of drugs cross the border, via tunnels. They’ve gotten really good at this.

However, the big kahuna is visa overstays. Your stupid wall and the immigration issue is a red herring designed to divert your attention from the intrusion into your rear end by the rich. Even if this waste of money gets built, it won’t stop illegal immigration. Moreover, it won’t stop the real core issue for Dump’s base, i.e. the browning of the country. That demographic trend is pretty much a done deal. Get used to it.

*Edit* Couldn’t embed the link so here it is. http://cmsny.org/publications/jmhs-visa-overstays-border-wall/

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

visa overstays have at least been screened and identified.

I do agree real immigration control will require attention beyond border control.

Much as some folk think it is a browning issue it is also a lightening issue .

Demographics won't save bad Dem policies.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 7:04 AM, Bang said:

i do not want a ****ing dime to go for this wall.

You stupid ****s bought this lie, you buy this ****ing thing. I do not want a single penny of my tax to go for something that is such a BLATANT ****ing lie... and is going to cost BILLIONS.

I would rather make sure every single crackwhore and meth-head had wic for every one of their 9 children until they were all 21 JUST to rub it in the faces of you DUMB REDNECK IDIOTS who BOUGHT THIS LYING SACK OF TREASONOUS GARBAGE.

Never forget. Ever. EVER.

~Bang

Image may contain: 1 person

• Like 8

Not sure which thread to put this in, but here's a recent article from immigration hawk Victor Davis Hanson (National Review) on the need for the wall:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/12/us-mexico-border-high-wall-would-save-immigrant-lives/

Hanson seems to suggest that border crossings weren't that big of an issue in the mid-2000s, and that the situation has dramatically worsened over the past decade. Is that really true? Because other pieces I read indicate that border apprehensions at least have significantly decreased since the early 2000s.

Which is right?

sw-border-apprehensions-by-fiscal-year.j

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/the-stats-on-border-apprehensions/

FT_14.12.26_BorderApprehensions.png

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/12/30/u-s-border-apprehensions-of-mexicans-fall-to-historic-lows/

VDH needs to stick to misinterpreting Thucydides. The only increase in border crossings is coming from unstable Central American countries. A wall doesn't do **** about that.

Edited by FanboyOf91
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, twa said:

visa overstays have at least been screened and identified.

I do agree real immigration control will require attention beyond border control.

Much as some folk think it is a browning issue it is also a lightening issue .

Demographics won't save bad Dem policies.

I wasn’t talking about future electoral impacts. Rather, I was referring to the core issue Dump is using to demagogue his base, i.e. fear of the loss of white majority status. That’s going to happen, regardless unless Dump and his fascists are ready to start revoking citizenship of legal POC, immigrant or not and somehow increase the white birth rate. Like I said. They need to just get used to it. Yeah, the Joos are going to replace you.😃😃

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1

True, I have noticed lately a trend of the GOP to deal with the fact that appealing to racists is yielding a shrinking number of supporters by declaring people as "honorary whites". 

I think it's why they've decided to try to get the Jews to support them by going all in on Israel. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, twa said:

You can increase the white birthrate by adjusting the definition.....just as has been done before many times   .  .if you wish

Adjusting what you call people isn’t going to change what JimBob thinks when he sees them and hears Spanish being spoken. Roughly a fifth of your party and about a third of Dump supporters don’t believe your kids (or grandkids, I can’t remember which) are real ‘Muricuns. Calling them white won’t change things for those people or the significant numbers of the rest who harbor stereotypes and bigotry.

“At the other end of the spectrum is “to be of European heritage of descent.” This was the criterion embraced by the fewest respondents (20 percent), including 17 percent of Democrats, 22 percent of Republicans, and 30 percent of Trump primary voters. Most Americans, although certainly not all, reject this particular ethnic conception of citizenship.”

• Like 1

I, for one, prefer to be thought of as American rather than of some European descent.

I think of all people born in this country as American, regardless of their origin.  Hell, I call brown friends of mine white because they clearly aren’t FOB.

I think it’s  why I prefer the term black instead of African American.  To me, calling someone’s African American puts them in a different class than regular Americans.  If I call someone white or black, they’re still just... American.

• Like 3

Having been the minority in practically every place i've lived..  it ain't so bad, chalky.

Once you get by being scared of all the different looking people, you find out they aren't any different from you for the most part. Same goals, same hopes, same problems, same bills. Kids, family, and everything that goes with it.

Maybe we should institute an "adopt a frightened white family for a month" program or something.  Sort of like a Head Start program 

~Bang

• Like 5

On 12/23/2018 at 9:43 AM, twa said:

You can increase the white birthrate by adjusting the definition.....just as has been done before many times   .  .if you wish

Already happening with the media’s push of white men with mixed race women and other minorities.

3 hours ago, LD0506 said:

"Why doesn't Trump just hire a contractor to build the wall and then stiff him when it's complete?"

Whoa, stop telling the truth here!

We already know that Trump was (and still is) a greedy, generational wealthy, pro-liberal republican, indebted government welfare recipient, womanizing, adulterous, lying, cheating, stealing, back talking, backbiting, two facing, hypocritical blonde hair piece wearing, orange painted individual until he decided to run for POTUS and put on this staunch conservative coat. 

But, what are you going to do about it? Hillary sucks and shouldn’t be POTUS! 

Americans are to blame for this:

MBALGMA

• Haha 2