Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

Well, this is likely going to suck.  In response to the one congressman from Louisiana, no I don't necessarily live paycheck to paycheck, but DC isn't exactly a cheap area.  Between rent, after school care for the kids, student loans, etc....I'd prefer a less flippant response.  At least there's a bit of lag so we'll get paid the weekend of the 29th, but **** is going to get messy in January if this drags on.

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

He's begging Mitch for a Nuclear option now. 

If I'm the Dems, I think a few of us would vote for cloture. Just so I can force the GOP senators to vote on wall funding. 

tenor.gif

35 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

He's begging Mitch for a Nuclear option now. 

If I'm the Dems, I think a few of us would vote for cloture. Just so I can force the GOP senators to vote on wall funding. 

tenor.gif

i'm sure the money will be properly managed....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/founder-of-viral-fundraiser-for-trumps-border-wall-has-questionable-news-past/ar-BBRf3Pw?li=BBnb7Kz

Kolfage told NBC News he plans to rely on connections in the White House to make sure the wall is funded, saying "we have a lot of people watching this," which would "serve as a motivating factor not to screw this up."

"We have someone who is tied in with the White House that's in their inner-circle," Kolfage said. "We can work on a way where we can guarantee with a contract where [the funding] can only go to the wall."

The fundraising page doesn't mention Kolfage's most recent business venture, a Facebook page titled Right Wing News and a ring of affiliate sites that frequently trafficked in conspiracy theories. In October, Right Wing News was pulled down by Facebook in a sweep of more than 559 pages that the company said were "using fake accounts… to drive traffic to their websites" or "were ad farms using Facebook to mislead people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate."

Days after the pulldown, Kolfage created a group called Fight4FreeSpeech, which accepts donations, and is also not referenced in the GoFundMe.

Kolfage told NBC News he didn't want to mention Right Wing News or Fight4FreeSpeech because he "didn't want it to be a distraction."

"I don't wanna mix the two. That shouldn't be the focus. My personal issues have nothing to do with building the wall," he said.

Kolfage also ran Right Wing News' shuttered affiliate sites including VeteranAF and FreedomDaily, which pushed false conspiracy theories, like ones claiming Hillary Clinton was secretly hiding deadly illnesses and fake voter fraud stories days before the 2016 election.

Those sites stopped operating in March, replaced with a string of text that said "This Website Has Gone Out of Business."

The sites often trafficked in false, inflammatory and racist content, including headlines like "Obnoxious Black People Lose Their Minds When Victoria Secret Models Say This 1 Word On Live Video" and "Trump Just Released Embarrassing Vids Of Obama's Muslim Friends That He Never Wanted Seen."

FreedomDaily and VeteranAF frequently ran identical stories by users with different bylines. Several stories on FreedomDaily written by "Liberty Belle" also appear on "VeteranAF" under the byline "Lady Liberty."

Following Facebook's takedown, Kolfage's story drew considerable interest from right-wing media sites including Breitbart and WorldNetDaily. He has since appeared on Fox News to tout Fight4FreeSpeech, a group against "social media censorship."

And I imagine they are going to explain why the Nuclear Option is important to the Senate as an institution....

And he would need someone like Lindsey Graham, who he just pissed off with his Syria withdrawal to support him.

Does he not remember he lost the House and the Mexican caravan was a major issue?

Trump is standing with the House GOP that just lost their election....

6 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

And I imagine they are going to explain why the Nuclear Option is important to the Senate as an institution....

And he would need someone like Lindsey Graham, who he just pissed off with his Syria withdrawal to support him.

Does he not remember he lost the House and the Mexican caravan was a major issue?

Trump is standing with the House GOP that just lost their election....

Like he's going to understand it. This guy has no sense of consequences for his actions. He still doesn't believe how badly he cost the GOP the House.

Again, you can't have a conversation with a disease. 

• Like 2

I need a Trump defender to help explain this to me, are they mad that Dems won't give them the funding they need for a wall Trump said Mexico would pay for?  Is that their stance now?  Can none of them see right through that?  I got to see how much of his base is with him on this, feels like moving the goal post and not really about policy anymore anyway, strictly personality if you are giving a man a pass on this one.

6 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Good luck. They're either banned or took their ball and went home. If you're lucky you might get a random drive by post.

Here, you right, I won't hold my breath.  Need to make some phone calls, my facebook has been pretty much purged as well.

I try Fox News, but it gets so 1984 so fast I have to turn it off most times faster then lose patience with MSNBC.

Edited by Renegade7

Senator Mazie Hirono (D-HI) told MSNBC’s Chris Hayes yesterday that President Trump changed his mind about the government shutdown because of “right-wing loud people yelling at him on Fox News.”

The outspoken senator didn’t hold back her feelings on television, saying, telling the All In host, “any effort on his part to blame the Democrats will be such bull**** that as I said before I would hardly be able to stand it.”

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/hawaii-senator-mazie-hirono-swears-during-live-appearance-on-chris-hayes-program/388874

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

mcconnell speaking now, supporting trump and blasting the dems as radical in this situation of course

I still think if I'm the Dems, I'd find 10 who are willing to vote for cloture. Give the GOP the ability to fund the wall, if they unanimously vote for it. (I don't think they do. But if they do, then they own it.)

• Like 2