Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guy sets glitter bomb trap for package thieves.

Cooked Crack

I love this so, so much.

We get a monthly box from amazon of dog poop bags, paper towels, and my daughter's favorite oatmeal.  Whole thing doesn't cost much, but its a big and impressive box.  Had it stolen once.  I wonder what those thieves thought... 

On 12/18/2018 at 4:31 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

In the words of Ferris Bueller - "You can never go too far."

I wish I had some engineering and science skills.  I'd love to do stuff like that.

Why go through all the trouble when you can keep it simple.  Do you have a cat or dog?  

• Like 3

I had that feeling and even tried to look for things myself (namely the car interiors because i was thinking it was the same car) but I couldn’t find anything

id make a terrible detective

also it seemed weird it went from “I had one package stollen one time ” to “look at all these people strealing my package!”

Also, has anyone noticed the video has been edited? There’s a few clips missing that we’re originally in the video

38 minutes ago, tshile said:

I had that feeling and even tried to look for things myself (namely the car interiors because i was thinking it was the same car) but I couldn’t find anything

id make a terrible detective

also it seemed weird it went from “I had one package stollen one time ” to “look at all these people strealing my package!”

Also, has anyone noticed the video has been edited? There’s a few clips missing that we’re originally in the video

The link explains the removed reactions.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, tshile said:

On Thursday, after the photo evidence began to simmer to the top of social media's consciousness, Rober tweeted that he had removed about one and a half minutes of the video after he "was presented with information that caused me to doubt the veracity of 2 of the 5 reactions in the video."

One of my initial reactions was that this guy lives in an area where this happens all too frequently.  I've never lived in a place where packages get stolen that frequently, it didn't seem to be real from that perspective.  I'm sure it's a problem in some places but how many people picked up packages in that original video?  5 or 6?

Either way, doesn't ruin the video for me, it was fun and a pretty cool engineering feat.  

• 11 months later...
On 12/21/2018 at 11:48 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

One of my initial reactions was that this guy lives in an area where this happens all too frequently.  I've never lived in a place where packages get stolen that frequently, it didn't seem to be real from that perspective.  I'm sure it's a problem in some places but how many people picked up packages in that original video?  5 or 6?

Either way, doesn't ruin the video for me, it was fun and a pretty cool engineering feat.  

90K packages are stolen daily in just NYC alone.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/02/nyregion/online-shopping-package-theft.html

**** porch pirates.

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I like Mark Rober, but at this point he's just chasing clicks.  I mean, good for him, make that money my dude, but the novelty has worn off for me.  Let me know when he adds a small amount of C4.  

Or at least an exploding dye packet like cash from a stickup

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 10:30 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

I like Mark Rober, but at this point he's just chasing clicks.  I mean, good for him, make that money my dude, but the novelty has worn off for me.  Let me know when he adds a small amount of C4.  

Not really.  He's got 20 million subscribers.  He doesn't need to chase clicks.  BTW, he's not just using these glitter bombs on porch pirates, he's using them to get phone scammers as well:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/18/2021 at 12:26 AM, China said:

Not really.  He's got 20 million subscribers.  He doesn't need to chase clicks.  BTW, he's not just using these glitter bombs on porch pirates, he's using them to get phone scammers as well:

• 7 months later...