Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Embrace [Insert QB name here] Thread

NickyJ

Go with a dual threat QB (Josh Johnson) and  attempt to replicate Alex and crew football. Dominate time of possession, run the ball, and not turn it over. Create easy reads for the QB and team. Value is there in doing this. Won’t happen. 

36 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

I was a former groundskeeper for the skins...

Unless they pay me cash up front even I wouldn't touch this offense with a 10 foot pole

10 foot pole huh? Judging by this Oline, that may not be a long enough pole. May wanna go with 20 foot

37 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Mark Sanchez went to back to back AFCCG's on the back of a strong defense and an aging HOF RB.

Just saying.

He went to the 2009 AFCCG with Thomas Jones as his leading back and Jericho Cotchery as his leading receiver.  Not exactly HOF material.  He also took them to an 8-8 record in 2011 with Shonn Greene as his leading back and Dustin Keller as his leading receiver.  And they were 13th in scoring that year.  After Sanchez was replaced, the Jets ranked 29th and 28th with Ryan as coach, so I have a hard time placing the blame entirely on Sanchez.

Tomlinson only played two years for the Jets (2010 and 2011) and he only ran for 280 yards in 2011.  He wasn't carrying the team.

40 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

He went to the 2009 AFCCG with Thomas Jones as his leading back and Jericho Cotchery as his leading receiver.  Not exactly HOF material.  He also took them to an 8-8 record in 2011 with Shonn Greene as his leading back and Dustin Keller as his leading receiver.  And they were 13th in scoring that year.  After Sanchez was replaced, the Jets ranked 29th and 28th with Ryan as coach, so I have a hard time placing the blame entirely on Sanchez.

Tomlinson only played two years for the Jets (2010 and 2011) and he only ran for 280 yards in 2011.  He wasn't carrying the team.

I thought LT was there for both his AFFCG apperances, but I stand corrected, LT was there only for the second one.  Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Trey Quinn

or

Jordan Reed

Well...seeing as though Trey Quinn missed the game due to injury, and Reed has been known to get injured from breathing....

Who we got for the 6th string QB. Let's plan ahead for next NFC East game.

24 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Well...seeing as though Trey Quinn missed the game due to injury, and Reed has been known to get injured from breathing....

Who we got for the 6th string QB. Let's plan ahead for next NFC East game.

Tress Way has thrown a completed pass on 4th down once...

Nothing much to add here. Kinda in madden mode right now as the season is just spiraling out of control and our defense is just nothing. 

But as this thread is about QBs, I thought I'd add to the level of discussion here by naming a few QBs that have been given practice invites to other teams. I'm not sure who has signed and who hasn't but these are some names I'd think we'd consider

QB Nic Shimonek, (5 invites)
 QB Logan Woodside, (3 invites)
 QB Alek Torgersen (1 invite)
 QB Jack Heneghan (1 invite)
 QB Connor Cook (1 invite)
 QB Kyle Allen (1 invite)
 QB Paxton Lynch (1 invite)

They're all young and could give us a sparkle of hope to finish the season. 

And just to append this list, here are some names of guys currently (or previously) on practice squads 

Chad Kanoff    QB    Princeton
Kurt Benkert    QB    Virginia
Kyle Allen    QB    Houston
Connor Cook    QB    Michigan State
Garrett Grayson    QB    Colorado State
Jake Rudock    QB    Michigan
Phillip Walker    QB    Temple
Tanner Lee    QB    Nebraska
Chase Litton    QB    Marshall
Cardale Jones    QB    Ohio State
Brandon Allen    QB    Arkansas
Danny Etling    QB    Louisiana State