Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anti-Vaxxer thread (New York Reports 1st Polio Case in Nearly a Decade)

China

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Mr Weist told NBC News his young client did not regret his decision to remain unvaccinated.

. . . nor does he feel anything at all for the countless other people who's health he is knowingly endangering.  

Because he'd rather to that than admit that he's wrong.  

San Francisco Subpoenas Anti-Vax Dr. Kenneth Stoller’s Files

San Francisco officials have subpoenaed the medical records of an anti-vaxxer doctor to determine if he gave bogus medical exemptions to parents who didn’t want to immunize their kids.

The investigation comes as the nation grapples with a growing number of measles outbreaks fueled by vaccine skeptics and opponents who believe the shots are harmful for children despite a pile of studies showing they are safe.

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 weeks later...

👍  👏

Maine governor signs bill to remove religious, philosophical vaccine exemptions

Maine Gov. Janet Mills (D) has reportedly signed a bill ending most non-medical exemptions for mandatory childhood vaccines, just days after the first confirmed measles case hit the state.

House Democrats in the state said Friday that Mills had signed the bill, according to multiple local reports. The law eliminates religious and philosophical exemptions in Maine, local ABC affiliate WMTW reported.

Under the new law, only doctors and pediatric primary care givers can determine if a child should receive a medical exemption.

The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention will also release reports on safety and effectiveness of vaccines for transparency, the outlet noted.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

@nonniey hasnt posted in this topic AFAIK

He's referring to another topic where I said Dems were weak on Biology.  I guess they are weak on reading comprehension too (or at least one of them is).

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, nonniey said:

He's referring to another topic where I said Dems were weak on Biology.  I guess they are weak on reading comprehension too (or at one of them is).

Quote:

Re: Republicans and Science.  Each party has their strengths and weakness - Republicans are weak at environmental science while Dems are weak at biology.

Unless you want to backtrack, this is pretty much claiming that the Republicans are in fact, not a bunch of morons when it comes to questions of life science and their position on questions of life science are a strength.

Even if you want to twist your statement to say that "both parties are weak on Biology, but Dems more than Republicans", even this would be laughably wrong. No party that is officially adopting the anti-vaxxer movement can stake a claim on anything having to do with science.

There is no interpretation of your statement that is grounded in any facts, but don't let get that in the way of rationalizing the GOP and the morons within it.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Quote:

Unless you want to backtrack, this is pretty much claiming that the Republicans are in fact, not a bunch of morons when it comes to questions of life science and their position on questions of life science are a strength.

Even if you want to twist your statement to say that "both parties are weak on Biology, but Dems more than Republicans", even this would be laughably wrong. No party that is officially adopting the anti-vaxxer movement can stake a claim on anything having to do with science.

There is no interpretation of your statement that is grounded in any facts, but don't let get that in the way of rationalizing the GOP and the morons within it.

No Excuse's reading comprehension problem is confirmed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nonniey said:

No Excuse's reading comprehension problem is confirmed.

Nothing you claim as a problem on my end will rationalize your incredibly dumb statement when the party you support and vote for is officially adopting the talking points of anti-vaxxer lunatics.

I don't expect you to back up your claims with facts (you never do), so dodge away and blame it on my "reading comprehension". 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Quote:

Actually, his point in this thread is "Ha Ha!  He quoted a post of mine from another thread!  Therefore I'm going to call him dumb for accurately describing my point."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, twa said:

The Democratic Party isn't supporting anti-vaxxers anywhere in the country.

Meanwhile, the GOP, from Trump, down to the state and local level all over the country is promoting anti-vaxxer policies and other nonsense.

This article from politico from yesterday outlines how anti-vaxxers are finding a home in the GOP and the GOP is in turn adopting their policies and talking points:  https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/27/anti-vaccine-republican-mainstream-1344955

Big tent party of dumbassery.

Edited by No Excuses

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Actually, his point in this thread is "Ha Ha!  He quoted a post of mine from another thread!  Therefore I'm going to call him dumb for accurately describing my point."

Larry say it ain't so - You have a reading comprehension problem too??????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Larry say it ain't so - You have a reading comprehension problem too??????

Feel free to explain at any point how the "Dems are weak on Biology" like the "Republicans are weak on environmental science", when only one party, the GOP, has a near perfect track record of supporting quackery over evidence-based science.

38 minutes ago, tshile said:

The crazier a person is the more crazy stuff they believe. 

Strong correlation between rabid partisanship and denial of reality. 

(Insert standard discussion about which is the cause and which is effect.)

Yea, I think anti-vaxxers make up the extreme wings of both parties, those people willing to believe any dumb bull**** they get told and who live in truly insular bubbles.  The difference is the main wing of the Democrats believe in science and therefore their elected officials reflect that.  Meanwhile the main wing of the Republicans generally distrust being told what is good for them, especially by the government or people with educations and, ironically, believe everything that Trump, the President, tells them, and he's said some very anti-vax things in the past. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz