Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

90s music

ThePackisback

I forget how great the 90s were especially after listening to the 90s at noon on our Semi Local radio station plays every weekday from Noon to 1. They played Great tunes today like

Foo Fighters- Learn to Fly

Bonnie Raitt- Something to talk about

Blessed Union of Souls- Hey Leonardo (She likes for me).

Will Smith- Miami

Pearl Jam- Last Kiss

Eagle Eye Cherry- Save Tonight

Genesis- No Son of Mine

Backstreet Boys- Quit playing games with my heart

Madonna- Ray of Light

Jon Secada-Just Another Day

Janet Jackson- Together Again

Spin Doctors- Two Princes

Lets just say I miss the 90s! Our world wasn't nearly as chaotic as it is now. Things were just better without Cell Phones and the Internet. .

Definitely a great decade for music. Easily my second favorite after the 1970s. !990s had a great variety. I'm super biased tho having been a teenager from 93 to 99.  

My favorite band is still Phish. They still put on a fantastic show. Saw them last month at Hampton Coliseum. Their best years were by far in the 90s tho. 1997 in particular.

Enjoy. Fast forward to the 5 min mark for the best jams the 1990s had to offer.

1 minute ago, Chew said:

Back when rap was still angry.  Baggy jeans, little plastic baggies of crack cocaine, and 9 MMs.

Felt like the biggest badass in the world bumping mobb deep as a 12 year old, on the CD that I'm pretty sure I stole from my older cousin.

If in the future we all have these VR interfaces that let us walk around with theme songs, I want mine to be Shook Ones Pt II.

How about this dirty ass song to kick off the decade?

When I was in the third grade, my aunt went to a music store to get me a Christmas present.  She asked the guy who worked there, "what do kids listen to these days?"  not specifying that the kid in question was an 8 year old, not a teenager.  The cassette tape he recommended and that she end up giving me?  Alice in Chains Dirt.  LOL thanks Aunt Jerry, I love you.

I remember playing Doom on my pc back then and I used the stereo for my own soundtrack. Man in the Box was played regularly while playing that game. :) 

Also on that soundtrack,(and a couple of personal favorites from the early 90's. 

24 minutes ago, Chew said:

Back when rap was still angry.  Baggy jeans, little plastic baggies of crack cocaine, and 9 MMs.

Man, that's something that I also miss from the 90s...just raw, hardcore hip-hop. Doesn't seem to be as much of it around nowadays. Way too overproduced and plastic sounding.

26 minutes ago, PCS said:

I remember playing Doom on my pc back then and I used the stereo for my own soundtrack. Man in the Box was played regularly while playing that game. :) 

My version of that was playing Quake II and uh... I don't really care to admit what I was listening to at age 14.  Let's say it was a lot of band names intentionally mispelled using the letters Z and K. 

Archived