Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

9 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The refs should be fined for missing that call. Their incompetence significantly impacted the result of the game, directly or indirectly. 

But it's irresponsible of Payton to go on television and say the game was lost at that point. "It's hard to lose a game that way." I understand he's emotional, but he needs to also hold himself and his team accountable for every second afterward. 

I don't think that's an unfair take at all.

This is exactly right. For fans to say the missed call cost their team, that's fine. That's what fans do. But as a coach, you are the leader of the team. It's your job to guide your team through adversity. Which includes missed calls, even obvious ones like this. If that call was the very last play of the game and the Saints had no time to do anything about it, yeah I would understand. But they still got the ball back. If he's still over on the sideline pissing and moaning about that call, he's not doing his job to lead his team to victory.  

1 minute ago, Redskin4ever said:

This is exactly right. For fans to say the missed call cost their team, that's fine. That's what fans do. But as a coach, you are the leader of the team. It's your job to guide your team through adversity. Which includes missed calls, even obvious ones like this. If that call was the very last play of the game and the Saints had no time to do anything about it, yeah I would understand. But they still got the ball back. If he's still over on the sideline pissing and moaning about that call, he's not doing his job to lead his team to victory.  

Every team gets burned by bad call and every team has benefited from bad calls.  Fans are going to cry, whine, and yell out conspiracy this, bias that, but at the end of the day, it happens to everybody.  The good teams overcome that.

5 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Every team gets burned by bad call and every team has benefited from bad calls.  Fans are going to cry, whine, and yell out conspiracy this, bias that, but at the end of the day, it happens to everybody.  The good teams overcome that.

I don’t disagree, but it’s not just some homogeneous cause/effect. Sometimes bad calls are inside the context of a game; sometimes a bad call changes the outcome of a game.

this was one of those times.

8 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

You saying the Saints aren't a good team?

They're better than your cowboys. :P

Archived