Simmsy

Gameday Thread

Why not just go for it own 4th down and throw a short pass and hope your receiver makes a play? You only gained 25 yards n the punt anyway. I'd rather have even a small shot at the first down. 

9 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The refs should be fined for missing that call. Their incompetence significantly impacted the result of the game, directly or indirectly. 

But it's irresponsible of Payton to go on television and say the game was lost at that point. "It's hard to lose a game that way." I understand he's emotional, but he needs to also hold himself and his team accountable for every second afterward. 

I don't think that's an unfair take at all.

This is exactly right. For fans to say the missed call cost their team, that's fine. That's what fans do. But as a coach, you are the leader of the team. It's your job to guide your team through adversity. Which includes missed calls, even obvious ones like this. If that call was the very last play of the game and the Saints had no time to do anything about it, yeah I would understand. But they still got the ball back. If he's still over on the sideline pissing and moaning about that call, he's not doing his job to lead his team to victory.  

• Like 2

Mahomes with a critical error.  That bad throw is turnover and then he takes the team out of field goal range. 

1 minute ago, Redskin4ever said:

This is exactly right. For fans to say the missed call cost their team, that's fine. That's what fans do. But as a coach, you are the leader of the team. It's your job to guide your team through adversity. Which includes missed calls, even obvious ones like this. If that call was the very last play of the game and the Saints had no time to do anything about it, yeah I would understand. But they still got the ball back. If he's still over on the sideline pissing and moaning about that call, he's not doing his job to lead his team to victory.  

Every team gets burned by bad call and every team has benefited from bad calls.  Fans are going to cry, whine, and yell out conspiracy this, bias that, but at the end of the day, it happens to everybody.  The good teams overcome that.

Uh bud light ingredients list? Its just piss and more piss. No real mystery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Mahomes with a critical error.  That bad throw is turnover and then he takes the team out of field goal range. 

Two big errors. The first cost them 7 points, then when they could have had a consolation 3, his second error cost his team that.

• Like 1

Fun fact: Marcus Cannon once helped my wife break into her car when she locked her keys in it. 

They went to TCU at the same time. 

1 minute ago, clietas said:

Uh bud light ingredients list? Its just piss and more piss. No real mystery.

I think because it's light beer, it's just one piss. 

We really need to get rid of Chris THompson.  He isn't 1/4 of what James White is as a 3rd down/scat back

I’m watching this game to see the chiefs offense.  I am not a satisfied customer.  

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Every team gets burned by bad call and every team has benefited from bad calls.  Fans are going to cry, whine, and yell out conspiracy this, bias that, but at the end of the day, it happens to everybody.  The good teams overcome that.

I don’t disagree, but it’s not just some homogeneous cause/effect. Sometimes bad calls are inside the context of a game; sometimes a bad call changes the outcome of a game.

this was one of those times.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Interesting time out from Reid.

I'm having terrible deja vu reading this

Just now, skinfan2k said:

We really need to get rid of Chris THompson.  He isn't 1/4 of what James White is as a 3rd down/scat back

Skins really need to think about drafting his replacement this year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

I’m watching this game to see the chiefs offense.  I am not a satisfied customer.  

Patriots defense isn't this good. The Chiefs just didn't come out with anything. 

8 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

You saying the Saints aren't a good team?

They're better than your cowboys. :P

• Haha 2

I'm old to enough to have seen Joe Montana play and my whole life as a fan of the game I'v always said Montana was the greatest QB i ever saw play, Im changing that today. Tom Brady is the greatest QB i have ever seen play the game.