Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins to sign Adrian Peterson per NFL.com

Reaper Skins

Please fire that dumb ass named Jay Gruden and the entire incompetent coaching staff, besides Jim Tomsula. I hear how great the oline coach is, but the oline commits more penalties than I've ever seen. Horrendous coaches, instill some f'ing DISCIPLINE into this team. We need a Bill Cowher type of head coach and we need him now!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/sep/8/adrian-peterson-decision-could-haunt-gruden/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/09/morgan-moses-on-ap-not-dressing-its-a-slap-in-the-face/amp/

4 hours ago, justice98 said:

I'm betting that's what happened.  

Yup. Gruden got his little feeling hurt. I now have very little faith in Gruden now.  I liked Gruden and said he had nothing to work with when he came here and had to choose RG3 or Kirk. Then Kirk leaves and then the FO gives him Alex, even though Gruden had no idea they got Alex for him. This year the FO wanted Haskins. Looks like Gruden has had enough of the FO trying to give him players instead of him choosing his own. This will be Gruden's last year. The only saving grace can be for him if somehow he figures his **** out and takes the team to the playoffs, he might get another year. 

Ok so Guice has the knees of an old man at 22. I'm ready to move on. I can't take this one game and Derrius has knee issues requiring him missing several weeks if not the season. address RB. I don't like where things are headed with this kid. He's missed 3xs the games Zeke has and has only been in the league a year..

I'm not saying cut him, I'm saying we may have to entertain that he's not in out long term plans, and address it next season..

The drama is ramping up quick this year. Thanks for the adrian bump and not clutter up the dice Guice thread.

I think Gruden goes tail between his legs and turns to AP week 2 even if Guice comes back negative.

But I would use AP to sell pass and then when D's back off the LOS, run AP.  Or stop ****ing around and go 5 wide including AP split out.  It took AP greatness to have a mediocre run game last year. Lets work the pass and for once be one of those teams that tries to revolutionize the game, more than fall in line with predictable NFL traditions. Bah **** it Baltimore beat us to the punch this year. FML even 3 was 6 for 6.

So maybe gruden knows hes on the way out..some kinda meeting like "hey if ya can't **** get off the pot"..and he knows he wont be able to perform so hes taking jabs before being canned?..pisses me off if so..idk maybe the o line was that bad in the run game and ap wouldn't have made a difference..but like I've said several times scince yesterday...ya never know

Watch AP hold out for more money! Frist.

I AM JOKING.

Mostly.  Let's revisit that this offseason.  He is dirt cheap.

AP is going to explode out of the gate vs Dallas. And hopefully high steps on a long run and knees a punk cowboy right in the junk for getting in the old mans way.

The thing that pisses me off the most about Moses running his ****ing mouth on a radio show was his reasoning.  His justification was that because he is one of the longest tenured vets on offense, it's his job to question the coach and call him out publicly.

He's a dumbass and we've got a ****ed up locker room.  Jay is on the verge of losing it.  Our vets are turds man.  We've got to get entitled losers like Moses out of there so that they don't poison the well for the young ones.

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The thing that pisses me off the most about Moses running his ****ing mouth on a radio show was his reasoning.  His justification was that because he is one of the longest tenured vets on offense, it's his job to question the coach and call him out publicly.

He's a dumbass and we've got a ****ed up locker room.  Jay is on the verge of losing it.  Our vets are turds man.  We've got to get entitled losers like Moses out of there so that they don't poison the well for the young ones.

John Keim was on the Junkies this morning and said AP doesn't really fit the scheme they want to run (Callahan's run offense) and they were in their pass offense/RPO most of the Eagles game.  They feel Guice fits it better, doesn't make a run predictable.  You would think Moses would understand what is going on, being that he's part of the offensive planning.

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

John Keim was on the Junkies this morning and said AP doesn't really fit the scheme they want to run (Callahan's run offense) and they were in their pass offense/RPO most of the Eagles game.  They feel Guice fits it better.  You would think Moses would understand what is going on, being that he's part of the offensive planning. 

You would think that.  Or perhaps Moses was questioning the entire system.  Maybe he'd like to create a new system for us and do the gameplanning.

He's got to go.  Him doing what he did is a demonstration of the cultural rot in our locker room, and that he's part of the problem.  He needs to be dumped for the sake of culture change.

It's nice to hear Keim's comment WRT me trying to justify an inactive AP (before the fact).  Jay wanted to try a different style back / new approach.

Simple solution for this week, is talk aloud and clear - that we need to be able to run the ball. We are going to feed AP. Feed him all day.  And then go pass happy.  If AP is a horrible fit for the offense, maybe he wasn't as great a re-signing as I thought. But c'mon, a coach has to be able to utilize a player of his skill set without re-inventing the wheel / crippling his offense.

To me AP can be an extra blocker or go out in the flat just like we saw from Guice on Sunday.  Jay needs to try the 2 back approach as well.  I think its a mistake to not show random formations in week 1. If the plan is never use 2 hands backs at the same time, show that for one play - type of stuff. 

I wanted to see AP and Guice on the field at the same time, for I think we all knew Philly would not expect that look.  Both in the backfield - philly is guessing who gets the ball.

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

John Keim was on the Junkies this morning and said AP doesn't really fit the scheme they want to run (Callahan's run offense) and they were in their pass offense/RPO most of the Eagles game.  They feel Guice fits it better, doesn't make a run predictable.  You would think Moses would understand what is going on, being that he's part of the offensive planning.

That's all well and good, but we knew this already.  This was all discussed when they brought him in originally.  Doesnt like the shotgun, prefers the I, not a great receiver, etc.  

But I actually think he's more useful in the passing game than his reputation suggests. I don't think you HAVE to run it when he's in.  I mean, he's not David Johnson splitting out wide, running WR routes downfield, but he can handle a curl or swing route out of the backfield fine.

21 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

If AP is a horrible fit for the offense, maybe he wasn't as great a re-signing as I thought.

That's the curious thing, he can't be THAT bad a fit.  He didnt even sign a 1 yr deal, he signed a 2 yr deal.  Two years with an escape hatch after one, but still.  They could have gone with another more cohesive fit with the offense.  Especially since they used a pick on Bryce Love that was not going to be of use this year 

26 minutes ago, justice98 said:

That's the curious thing, he can't be THAT bad a fit.  He didnt even sign a 1 yr deal, he signed a 2 yr deal.  Two years with an escape hatch after one, but still.  They could have gone with another more cohesive fit with the offense.  Especially since they used a pick on Bryce Love that was not going to be of use this year 

If you can keep talent in the building for cheap, then sometimes it's worth it for the sake of depth even if the fit in a healthy 53 situation isn't great.

If Guice stays hurt, you can reconfigure your gameplans week to week in order to use Peterson better.  And with the injury histories of Guice and Thompson, there was always a good chance that Peterson would be needed again.  Peterson is probably still worth more to us as a back up than other back ups even though we know we have to alter our scheme for him.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

John Keim was on the Junkies this morning and said AP doesn't really fit the scheme they want to run (Callahan's run offense) and they were in their pass offense/RPO most of the Eagles game.  They feel Guice fits it better, doesn't make a run predictable.  

Does anyone truly believe this?  A first ballot HOF-er 'doesn't fit' in your offense?  The same guy that ripped off a 90 yarder against this same defense last season?  And before anyone mentions that being the only positive play he had that day....don't forget he only got 9 touches that entire day.  

I think it ate Jay up that AD was the offense last season.  Before Smith's injury we were 6-0 when Peterson had at least 68 yards in a game.  7-1 on the season when he got 17+ carries.  Fact of the matter is, we didn't win a single game last season where he got below 17 carries.  

I'm not sure how anyone can honestly think that a guy, just cleared 2 weeks ago has suddenly supplanted AD (with no physical falloff evident).  I know everyone wants Guice to be the next Zeke, Kamara, etc, but let the kid earn it.  We certainly don't need to overuse him this year just to prove a point.  

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

AP sure seemed to be a good fit last season.  Or at least a better fit then the other clowns who couldn't get beyond 2 yards every time they touched the ball.  

Different OC, QB, and receiver group last year.  Peterson was also the opening day starter so he was gameplanned for.  O'Connell gets to design our offense now and come up with the gameplans, and he has to design them for Keenum first and foremost.  That's going to create changes.

If Guice is going to be out, the challenge now will be to adapt the run game to an offense that's operated by a QB who is best from the shotgun in 11 personnel.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You would think that.  Or perhaps Moses was questioning the entire system.  Maybe he'd like to create a new system for us and do the gameplanning.

He's got to go.  Him doing what he did is a demonstration of the cultural rot in our locker room, and that he's part of the problem.  He needs to be dumped for the sake of culture change.

I add leading the league in false starts, giving up 5 sacks last season, that doesn't add up to anything impressive.  I think he's overrated.  Warren Sharp likes to point out that false starts and O line penalties just in general statistically speaking has the greatest impact (in a negative way) than all type of penalties on the outcome. 

The kicker for me was Moses yesterday blaming the refs.  I haven't rewatched his holding penalty.  But his false start was plain to see I called it (am sure others here did too) before the ref even blew the whistle.  It was obvious.   The joke some have about Moses (including Cooley when he does his film review) is that if anything its amazng how many false starts they miss on him because he does it routinely.   

6 minutes ago, method man said:

That’s the difference between this group of offensive coaches and what we saw with Shanahan’s group. Shanahan’s group would adjust scheme to fit the strength of their personnel - we do not see that with this group

Running shotgun heavy 11 personnel is scheming to fit the personnel.  Peterson is one guy.  And he's not the quarterback.  He's a ****ing 34 year old stop gap running back.

Archived