Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Season Injury News

ColonialWBSkinsFan

On 11/19/2018 at 11:15 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

If you include Quinn and Marshall who we removed from IR, we've had a total of 15 players on IR this year.

But that's not even the craziest thing.

Of those 15 players on IR : 14 are offensive, and only 1 is defensive.

The other sad thing is, there's still 6 games left

Does that include Arie? 

Trying to think of the impact players on offense on IR:

Scherff, Luavao (I guess?), Richardson, Quinn and Marshall (returned from IR), who else?

crowder and CT are not on IR...

39 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Does that include Arie? 

Trying to think of the impact players on offense on IR:

Scherff, Luavao (I guess?), Richardson, Quinn and Marshall (returned from IR), who else?

crowder and CT are not on IR...

Yes, Arie included

You mentioned a total of 6 players. The other 8 Offensive players who went to IR, are...

Smith

Guice

Robert Davis

Catalina

Christian

Sims

Garner

Kelley

We should be able to overcome injuries to guys like:

Kouandjio

Garner

Kelley

Catalina

Christian 

Sims 

Those are back end roster type of guys. So it's no big deal.

The only injuries that are a real problem this year are Lauvao and Scherff. Others are no big deal. Alex wasn't playing great in any way so I rank his injury as less prejudiciable to us than both.

@Wildbunny exactly.

Actually, the bigger injuries have been to guys who aren’t on IR, like Trent, Crowder and CT.

However, as I said before the season, these guys are always hurt so it’s foolish to think they won’t be hurt this year and count on them.

The CT injury, however, (the first run injury) was most maddening becaus it came in garbage time and Jay called a route for CT over the middle and then Alex hung him out to dry.

if there ever was a microcosm of the entire season, it’s that play.  Self inflicted wounds and bad QB play. 

30 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

According to this, Moses could be out for a while.

He's suddenly missing key parts of his body.

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1067100372102201346

I hate you so much. Had me worried there for a second 😂😂😂😂  i rushed to Twitter to try to find any tweet by him today of Moses missing a body part!!! 

49 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I hate you so much. Had me worried there for a second 😂😂😂😂  i rushed to Twitter to try to find any tweet by him today of Moses missing a body part!!! 

Yea, I don't know why the tweet didn't embed, so you could see it right away.

First time that's happened to me, and I posted the tweet the way I always do.

I did not purposely hide it, I'll say that for sure ! In fact, I was in the process of taking a screenshot instead, so

people wouldn't freak out too much.

Also, instead of searching twitter, you can just copy/paste the url, it would have been much quicker.

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

What exactly happened to Jamison Crowder's ankle?  He must have sprained the everloving crap out of it, he's been gone 7 weeks.  I can't remember what play it happened, or maybe it was during practice.

Not sure besides a sprained ankle. He hurt it during the Saints game. 

The first MRI didn't show anything so it didn't seem serious, but he had a second MRI before the Houston game that showed more damage. Seems like he's headed to maybe surgery and IR but the team still seems confident he'll recover. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, OVCChairman said:

Did Dunbar re-aggrivate it or is this the same nerve issue he's been dealing with for over a month? 

I’m guessing the same thing he’s been dealing with for over a month, but i dont know. I’m sure Gruden will say during his press conference after practice 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That epitomizes how bad it's been - when the same player hits ER twice in the same season.

Is that a record? It would have to have at least tied the record. The Redskins just need to poach other teams practice squads and get the best players they can.

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think if we still had a legit shot to make the playoffs some of these guys wouldn’t be going to ir.. jay sees the writing on the wall...

We stil do, we have two very winnable games. Crowder being back in the lineup is probably why Quinn is going back on IR. And Dunbar, well that injury just wasn’t going to get any better no matter what. I don’t think this is Gruden waving the white flag just cause we’re 6-6 and 1 win Vs the giants (and a cowboys loss Sunday) away from a 3 way tie in the division. 

Hes not like our fans who are throwing in the towel already 😂

Archived