Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread: Redskins @ Patriots

KDawg

Hello and welcome to a brand new season. A season rife with hope and splendor, while many others are just hoping to avoid the Autumn/Winter depression of a lost season.

Closer to game time there will be a much more thorough write up, but for now some of the most intriguing aspects of tonight’s game are how in sync the offense will look, our first taste of the subjective tackling rules, can the D, even the backups, hold up against the run AND most importantly: will TK manage a ridiculous upgrade to our rental car? 

These are the important questions.

Thoughts? 

And I want tonight to be as interactive as possible. Let me know what specific items you want me to watch for from the Gillette press box (on field or off) and follow me on the tweeter @KDawg_ES

TAG ME WITH QUESTIONS

Update 1:

depth chart notes (injuries not accounted for):

Allen/Payne listed as DT starters, Settle is above Phil Taylor.

Ioannidis listed as DE starter

WR starters are Doctson,  Crowder and Richardson. Quick, Harris and Davis are respective backups.

Kelley, CT, Perine, Guice, Bibbs, Marshall and Carter is RB depth.

They have a FB listed for the first time in a long time: Wellman

Stroman and Harris are KR. Crowder and Quinn are PR

Double Numbers:

With preseason comes double numbers and a touch of confusion...

Here are the double numbers listed:

Danny Johnson (CB)/Rob Kelley (RB) #20

Martez Carter (RB)/Deshazor Everett (S) #22

Chris Thompson (RB)/Greg Stroman (CB) #25

Samaje Perine (RB)/Ranthony Texada (CB) #32

Adonis Alexander (CB)/Byron Marshall (RB) #34

Kapri Bibbs (RB)/Montae Nicholson (S) #35

Joshua Holsey (CB)/Elijah Wellman (FB) #38

Quin Blanding (S)/Matt Flanagan (TE) #41

Casey Dunn (C)/Dadi Nicolas (LB) #55

Dante Sawyer (DL)/John Kling (OL) #63

Geron Christian (OL)/Anthony Lanier (DL) #72

Cameron Jefferson (OL)/Ondre Pipkins (DL) #78

Seriously, though, I am so happy Redskin football is back. :815:

Most important thing tonight, right at the top of the list, is NO INJURIES!!!!

After that, I am very interested in seeing the rookies and young players play.

Lastly, further down the list, is cohesion. Since the starters will barely play tonight (some not at all), this isn't as big a deal for me. Tonight, anyway. :)

Looking forward to a great game. :229:

IT'S GAMEDAY. 

Tonight is obviously pretty irrelevant, but it does mean it's nearly time for the real deal season again.

For me, I want to see Guice get some carries, I want to see what the DBs look like (especially the backups in this case) and I want to see how the 1st string WR group looks for the few snaps they'll play, and I want to see what some of the new guys have got, especially Tim Settle who might well get a decent number of minutes.

Mostly, I want to see a Redskins team led by Alex Smith - I've been sick of KC for a couple of years now. It's been so refreshing to have an off-season free from QB drama, so now it's time for Alex to start putting it on the field (for at least one possession :rofl89:)

Hail to the Redskins.

EDIT - Agree with SkinsGuy, the most important thing to see is a clean bill of health at the end of the game though.

4 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Not sure we’re gonna get a good read on Alex Smith with him likely only playing a series.

This game is meant to showcase our rookies/depth guys.

Not to mention our 2 starting OT's being possibly too hurt to play at all, for the protection Smith needs.

Though I havn't heard a recent update on if they can get in for 1 series.

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Thoughts? 

If Guice gets a series with the starters, id like to see several runs where he gets to the 2nd level despite not having our starting tackles. It’s asking a lot, but Guice still performed well in 2017 despite LSU loosing three starting OL from 2016. I want to see that my beliefs of who and what Guice is, are true.

The other thing I’d like to see is few penalties. That tells me players are focussed, tight, and well coached. 

Fashion Nerd Alert:

Skins wearing burgundy pants

3 hours ago, RabidFan said:

I wanna see this Danny Johnson kid peeps are talking about....maybe do some PRs too.

Listed third on depth chart behind Dunbar and Moreau

Archived