Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

21 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Depends on who reports it. Rotoworld says its a precaution. He already knows the defense and it didn't seem like a huge deal.Seems we might see him in the 3rd preseason game..

Shhh, don't use the word "precaution".

I thought the world was going to end when Doctson got a precautionary MRI.

Rookie report: Safety Troy Apke, a fourth-round pick, broke up a couple passes playing deep middle, working with the No. 2 defense. Apke's primary role will be special teams this season. On the two plays, he did a good job staying in the middle. It's hard to fully gauge safeties, particularly in the run game, until the games begin. Also, corner Danny Johnson worked with the No. 2 defense in the slot. He's done a solid job thus far. He got some work vs. WR's Josh Doctson and Jamison Crowder on Saturday. Johnson, an undrafted free agent, will get extra looks with Josh Holsey still sidelined.

John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41025198-4

4 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

Whoa whoa whoa what about Morris?

Morris didn't necessarily impress in shorts. To the contrary, it was his play with the pads on during the preseason that solidified it for him.

The preseason game against the Bears where he was trucking people with I think the 1st team really drove it home. 

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Guice is by far the best looking RB in shorts I’ve seen here since Portis.  I fully expect that to translate when the pads are on too.  He appears to be the difference maker that should make this offense go no matter what.  The threat alone should make everyone’s life a bit easier both between the 20’s and in the RZ.

By chance have you seen our UDFA  RB Martez Carter get any work out there? If so, how does he look? 

9 hours ago, MartinC said:

He would have to flat out suck to not make the 53 this year. 

is that really accurate? Everett is the only vet backup, the Skins really liked Fish Smithson last cap, Quinton Blanding has a lot of upside, and Adonis Alexander is supposed to convert to safety

So the Skins have potential at Safety.  Apke could play well, but if someone else plays great he could still not make it

9 hours ago, ZRagone said:

Morris didn't necessarily impress in shorts. To the contrary, it was his play with the pads on during the preseason that solidified it for him.

The preseason game against the Bears where he was trucking people with I think the 1st team really drove it home. 

Lance Briggs got smoked repeatedly.

19 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

That Chad Ryan tweet:

John Kling in at RG instead of Moses for the record.#Redskins

Must be a mistake in that Sherff plays RG. 

Yeah, he must've meant RT because I've seen Scherff in there.

Thanks again everyone who are giving us all the great updates through articles and Twitter.

:headbang::band::815::redskins-3908:

It is very much appreciated. 

7 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

NFL Network has gone to Redskins' camp a couple of times, but they didn't show much except Smith tossing the ball around some. As well as regurgitate the whole Smith vs. Cousins debate. Again.

Did see Guice, though. 

Was just going to post this, Skins are one of the 5 or 6 teams featured for the camp round up all day today as they switch back and forth

Archived