Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

4 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

Depends mostly on point of view. Very few people will have their mind changed by this.

A. That's simply not true. Women's support for the GOP in general and Kavanaugh in particular have collapsed over the past two weeks. This ain't gonna fix that.

B. Really only one person needs to change their minds. If any of Collins or Murkowski or Flake say no, I think all three say no, and that's all she wrote. I'm almost certain that Murkowski and Collins will vote together. Neither will leave the other hanging in the wind.

12 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The “We don’t eat Asian food on Pearl Harbor Day” guy!

Erick Erickson was nominally Never Trump, and it basically killed his career, because he didn't have the National Review or Commentary or NY Times or whatever behind him. So he is trying to come back into the Trump fold without looking like a total, well, cuck.

The problem is that he is really dumb.

So, there you go.

• Like 1

I feel that Dr. Ford is credible.  I don't think the Republican prosecutor has, thus far, done anything to support Judge Kavanaugh, though there is still time.

For me, it will come down to Kavanaugh's testimony along with corroborating evidence.  If Kavanaugh's testimony lacks fire and surety, I don' think the lack of evidence will matter.  In that case, his nomination will be in jeopardy.

If, however, his testimony is strong, the lack of corroborating evidence will prove to be the deciding factor and he will be confirmed.

Edited by B&G

1 minute ago, B&G said:

I feel that Dr. Ford is credible.  I don't think the Republican prosecutor has, thus far, done anything to support Judge Kavanaugh, though there is still time.

For me, it will come down to Kavanaugh's testimony along with corroborating evidence.  If Kavabaugh's testimony lacks fire and surety, I don' think the lack of evidence will matter.  In that case, his nomination will be in jepardy.

If, however, his testimony is strong, the lack of corroborating evidence will prove to be the deciding factor and he will be confirmed.

Perhaps, but the fact Ford came off as credible makes the lack of Judge, the other accusers, and an FBI investigation coupled with a rush to vote look pretty damn bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, B&G said:

For me, it will come down to Kavanaugh's testimony along with corroborating evidence.  If Kavabaugh's testimony lacks fire and surety, I don' think the lack of evidence will matter.  In that case, his nomination will be in jepardy.

What role does the fact that the committee refuses to subpoena potential corroborating witnesses play in this?

Like does their failure to subpoena Mark Judge hurt them or does it not?

1 minute ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Perhaps, but the fact Ford came off as credible makes the lack of Judge, the other accusers, and an FBI investigation coupled with a rush to vote look pretty damn bad.

Plus the fact that there are also 2 other named accusers. Since Ford's testimony was (IMO) very credible, they will get more attention as well. I don't see how this ends in a positive way for BK. 

9 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If BK is watching and really wants to continue.  His first statement should be “I didn’t do this.  And I want the FBi involved immediately to clear my name”.  

I think hes ****ed though

At this point he could A) get jammed through and be a SC justice or B, actually lose his current job and face some kind of criminal charges. It's not super likely, but it's possible. 

Also, love that the GOP pundits on twitter are blaming this disaster on the woman they hired to ask questions they didn't want to.

Can't make this stuff up.

Can we at least all agree as a nation that Grassley and Feinstein need to retire?

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

If BK is watching and really wants to continue.  His first statement should be “I didn’t do this.  And I want the FBi involved immediately to clear my name”.  

I think hes ****ed though

Even without the benefit of Kavanaugh's testimony and without a shred of evidence supporting the allegation?

I just don't understand  this kind of thinking.  Does fairness mean nothing, after all?  How can someone judge without hearing both sides?

1 minute ago, B&G said:

Even without the benefit of Kavanaugh's testimony and without a shred of evidence supporting the allegation?

I just don't understand  this kind of thinking.  Does fairness mean nothing, after all?  How can someone judge without hearing both sides?

Because it’s not a court case. It’s about optics.  

From a friend who was a former federal prosecutor. Interesting take. Not sure if I buy it.

"Kavanaugh won't be confirmed. And he won't be an appellate judge when this is over. If he's lucky he won't be arrested.

There's going to be an investigation into Ford's and Swetnick's claims. There's no statute of limitations on felony sexual assault in Maryland, where the house party gang rapes, "Beach Week," and the Ford assault took place. That's why Avenatti was careful to have Swetnick declare that she is "a graduate of Gaithersburg High School in Gaithersburg, MD" and that she is aware of and/or witnessed numerous instances of abusive and aggressive conduct "in Ocean City, Maryland during 'Beach Week'."

These would be state charges, so if Kavanaugh and Judge are convicted Trump can't pardon them.

Avenatti was also smart to have her declare that she holds active clearances that allow her to work inside the federal government. Her declaration is a sworn declaration, so she's sending a message that she knows she'll lose those clearances and ability to work if she's lying."
Edited by Hooper
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

What role does the fact that the committee refuses to subpoena potential corroborating witnesses play in this?

Like does their failure to subpoena Mark Judge hurt them or does it not?

Do you have knowledge of anyone corroborating Dr. Ford's story?  The four witnesses she brought up have denied any knowledge of it at all.  Judge provided a sworn statement, under penalty of felony, denying the allegation.