Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: NY AG sues Trump family over “persistent illegal conduct” at Trump Foundation

No Excuses

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Maybe in the Capitol building, but on this message board they throw bows...

giphy(45).gif

True, I mean the elected officials. What's crazy to me is that there does seem to be enough of the classic 80s and earlier mindset republicans out there to break off and become what they'd call a "True Conservative American" Party or something, run for local elections and work their way up. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

True, I mean the elected officials. What's crazy to me is that there does seem to be enough of the classic 80s and earlier mindset republicans out there to break off and become what they'd call a "True Conservative American" Party or something, run for local elections and work their way up. 

I think that they're hoping that the Trump party isn't real and that somehow that they can take it back. Their problem is that they should have done that right after January 20 2017 and acted like true conservatives instead of remaining silent and letting the fascists completely take over the party. That ship has sailed.

As far as creating a new true conservative party, they need to start over at some point and it will take a long time to establish it. I don't know if they have the stuff to do that.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

...he's been given more time (ten days) to pay less money ($175m). ****ing pathetic, whats the point of even having a justice system at this point?

I'm no fan of Trump, but it gets irritating to see everyone hanging on by a thread when it comes to Trump's legal woes.  The man will NEVER see the inside of a prison cell, nor will he ever be treated like a normal citizen when it comes to facing accountability.  I learned early on that there is a two-tiered justice system, and the have's will always skate free in instances like this, and the have-nots would never be treated the same way.  Not picking on you specifically Simmsy, but I think people have to stop being so naïve when it comes to Trump.  He's never going to face accountability, nor is he ever going to be treated like a normal citizen.  We're just wasting our time, watching kabuki theater.  The one thing that we CAN do, is to vote in November, to make sure that he doesn't get the chance to become a full on autocrat.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I'm no fan of Trump, but it gets irritating to see everyone hanging on by a thread when it comes to Trump's legal woes.  The man will NEVER see the inside of a prison cell, nor will he ever be treated like a normal citizen when it comes to facing accountability.  I learned early on that there is a two-tiered justice system, and the have's will always skate free in instances like this, and the have-nots would never be treated the same way.  Not picking on you specifically Simmsy, but I think people have to stop being so naïve when it comes to Trump.  He's never going to face accountability, nor is he ever going to be treated like a normal citizen.  We're just wasting our time, watching kabuki theater.  The one thing that we CAN do, is to vote in November, to make sure that he doesn't get the chance to become a full on autocrat.

No, you're right. I just didn't think after all this that it would still come down to an election. Our constitution and laws are useless.

Just now, Simmsy said:

No, you're right. I just didn't think after all this that it would still come down to an election. Our constitution and laws are useless.

Unfortunately, that's our reality.  Has been since 2016.  The voting booth is the only way to make sure that Trump doesn't see another disastrous term.  The courts aren't going to save us.  The courts and the justice system always have mercy and leeway when it comes to the rich & powerful.  That hasn't changed, nor will it EVER change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nobody in the court system has the balls to hold his feet to the fire.  Rich, power white guy gets the benefit of a double standard.  **** Trump and these gutless judges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, China said:

Nobody in the court system has the balls to hold his feet to the fire.  Rich, power white guy gets the benefit of a double standard.  **** Trump and these gutless judges.

For all the complaining about he's the victim to a two tier system. I can't remember anyone getting benefits like he does. ****ing gross. 

24 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Before everyone freaks out, here is another perspective. 

**** this

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Ultimately, if he loses the appeal he has to pay the entire judgement. How long does the appeals process take?

There's no way everything gets wrapped up before the election.  If he loses (praying for that) I assume he'll see the writing on the wall that he can't last another four years and will either sequester himself in Florida where the government will resist extraditing him, or maybe he finally leaves the country.

I'm disappointed but not outraged or thinking he's getting special treatment:

1) I literally have no idea if reducing bonds and giving brief extensions is normal or not, so I have no clue whether or not this should be seen as Trump getting special treatment

2) I have no idea how they came up with a reduced figure of $175 Million, but doubting it's arbitrary

3) I have no idea if this is a figure Trump can come up with easily within 10 days

But, dammit, I had my popcorn ready lol...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, HoggLife said:

Cocaine was only found in the White House when Biden was Prez. Big mean orange man's son isn't a tweeker, banging hookers, while making millions for the family. 

Boy, you bit the whole apple, huh?

~Wormy

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Ultimately, if he loses the appeal he has to pay the entire judgement. How long does the appeals process take?

I just heard that the appeal will take place starting in September, with Trump needing to file a brief on his appeal in July.

My understanding is that the interest is still compounding every day, which means he's incurring an additional $111,000 every day.  If his appeal starts in September and ends in October, that means he'll owe an addtional $23 million.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Katie Phang is hilarious! 

11 minutes ago, China said:

I just heard that the appeal will take place starting in September, with Trump needing to file a brief on his appeal in July.

Geez, could they extend it even longer? Gives him plenty of time to ask for more delays.  But it's only money.