Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

We also play Devils x2, Flyers x3, Panthers, and Wild.  

Islanders are looking at a grinder stretch coming up...

3/14 - Canadiens

3/16 - @ Redwings

3/17 - @ Wild

3/19 - Bruins

3/21 - @ Canadiens

3/23 - @ Flyers

3/24 - Coyotes

3/26 - @ Blue Jackets

3/28 - @ Jets

3/30 - Buffalo

10 games in 17 days, including 6 of those being on the road... They're going to have a rough go of it. 

In that same period, we have 1 back to back..  We face better competition but we're not bouncing around as much. 

3/19 - @ Devils - Copley can play

3/20 - Lightning

The final regular season game is at home vs the Islanders... that's lining up to be an absolute slugfest.  

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/braden-holtby-and-then-we-got-mario-kart-tattoos

"
The interesting thing about that Pittsburgh series is that … honestly? I think we probably played better against them in the playoffs the year before. But for whatever reason, we got the little breaks this time.

Game 6 in overtime, they ring one off the post. Three minutes later, we get a breakaway and Kuzy goes down and buries it to win the series. Honestly, the emotion that I felt when that shot went in was probably even more overwhelming than the emotion I felt when we won the Cup. I’ll never forget the feeling I had skating down the ice to get to Kuzy, knowing that we’d beaten them. It was just pure euphoria.

People make a big deal about the hatred and the rivalry with Pittsburgh. But the reason why it was such an incredible feeling was because of how much we respected them as a team. I really mean that. That whole run, we were just playing free. We weren’t sitting around the hotel before the game feeling anxious and reading Twitter. We were literally sitting around the TV playing Mario Kart, acting like kids again. "

I remember going to Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals and since it was still hours before puck drop We had all the beer we could drink at the Greene Turtle. We began to take our beers outside (which is technically against DC law) and drink them and nobody gave a damn. Maybe it was the big crowd. Here we was drinking these bottles of beer outside near the stage and nobody batted an eye. 

I remember very little of what happened from the actual game and only snippets of people approaching me in the bathroom of the Greene Turtle. 

It may not have been the best place to eat, there's better. But damn it, that place was pretty good if you weren't freaking picky about what you wanted to eat. It was packed EVERY game prior to puck drop. If you went down to the bathroom, and peeked through a window to your left, you could even see the Wizards practice court underneath the stadium. 

So this one goes out to the Greene Turtle who again wasn't the BEST place to have a meal but it was pretty passable for what it was. Decent food, decent beer, always packed mainstream hub. Gonna be awfully weird going to Caps games without seeing the Greene Turtle anymore after 2019.

Archived