Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

These goals to start periods are getting ridiculous but a great win. Take care of NJ and they will be in great shape.

Was looking at some of the schedules of other teams. Columbus could be out of it in the next seven games (@Pit, Pit, @NYI, Bos, Car,@ Bos, @CGY)

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Up 5-0, I was sooo hoping for a shutout. At 5-3, I started to worry about Holtby. Nice win, let's keep it going! 

Two of those were tough to keep out.  I'd think he would want the 2nd one back.  He played pretty well.

I am extremely pleased with Jensen, that dude is a player.

I'm a little upset that we have found a way to use Hagelin's speed yet but I'm hoping that will come as we play more.  He seems to be carrying the puck in with no one else and he just dumps it in.  He's playing pretty well, though.

10 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

This is where it's gonna be serious.  TBL 3 times in 8 games. 

Urgency and effort are there now.  But they have to build their stamina back up to play a full game after half-assing the dog days of January, lol. 

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

Holtby said after the game that the 3rd one was on him, he should have stopped it (5 hole).

I guess but that was the one that was tipped a little far out.  If he's down in the butterfly too early that opens up the top shelf for everyone.

7 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Urgency and effort are there now.  But they have to build their stamina back up to play a full game after half-assing the dog days of January, lol. 

Yeah i'm liking what i'm seeing.  We're getting momentum, just have to maintain it through 3 periods.  Shouldnt have fallen behind 2-0 to Ottawa but love scoring a TD on them.  Don't like falling behind the Islanders, but 3 goals in the 3rd is good.  It's time to ramp it up, and it looks like they're doing it.  

Archived