Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Anthony Bourdain

ixcuincle

My first reply was damn... but, jeese this really sucks..... First chester bennington, then chris cornell, now, bourdain... i don’t know man, this, the school shootings, everything, it’s not surprising suicide is on the increase.  Everyone needs a little help some time. I enjoy the time i spend with my therapist.. it’s worth it. do it. 

He's the greatest storyteller I've ever had the pleasure of listening to.  Hearing the news yesterday REALLY stung.  I became a fan of his over a decade ago...I'm not a big reader, but I plowed through Kitchen Confidential in a couple of days.  Even with the demons he battled for the majority of his life, he had the true gift of being a teacher of food, cultures, and people.  You could look at a 3rd world country he visited, and want to book a ticket to the exact same location due to how Bourdain presented it.  And he presented things as is.  Nothing fake or pretentious about it.  He will be sorely missed by me.  A truly special person.  RIP. 

12 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I love this clip.  I love how serious he takes it.  It's great.

The bottom line is that it is tasty as ****.  Period.  Thats the human experience.  Any other opinion about the waffle house is straight assholeishness.  Which is why foodies are assholes.

Hence my disdain for the olive garden.  It just tastes like ****.  Mcdonalds chicken nuggets dipped in that chemical bbq sauce they give you?  Epic.

Last night I watched his Miami episode where he ends it by hanging out with Iggy Pop.  Knowing he was depressed and would eventually kill himself changed how I viewed it.  There is a strong vein of melancholy throughout his show.  He reflects on getting old and whether he deserves his success and whether or not he wishes he had died young instead of aging and changing.  Iggy actually answers him that it's better to grow old because it makes him different and his works more durable.

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The brain is the most important organ yet we don't take care of it and our society doesn't want us to take care of it.

RIP to Anthony Bourdain. Very sad but I hope his passing inspires others to take care of themselves.

It's still very complicated problem because people that are in the worst depths of depression have to want to get help and then stay committed to it.  No one can do it for them.  Humans become adept at wearing happy masks (my avatar makes light of this) and it's fairly common for people to be completely blindsided by suicides. 

Society has to do better though.  We have to clear out the obstacles and improve access to care, but even that simple sentiment is easier said than done.  Does society want kids to be parented by a crazy person?  Do we want depressed individuals to own firearms?  Once we start down that road it's easy to see that there are certain jobs where mental health should be a requirement to obtain and keep.  So how do we balance people feeling empowered to seek help and safeguarding against the damage a person experiencing a mental health issue can cause in a different context.  

Like I said, this issue is a tough one.  Unless there's a medical breakthrough that allows us to be tested for it simply, like with a scan or blood test, and treated like we are for most ailments, this issue is likely to remain extremely difficult. 

On 6/8/2018 at 1:32 PM, Destino said:

Maybe it's just hindsight but constant experience seeking doesn't look like "feeding your very soul" or "the way a person ought to live" to me.  At least not anymore.  It looks like running, because he needed to keep moving.  It's right to celebrate the man, but I see sadness in a life spent in pursuing the next distraction.

Just coming back to this, in all of the tribute and glorification of his life by everyone from his friends to his colleagues, the above is being 100 percent overlooked

As for mental health, i would argue most greatness is the result of mental illness.

Show me someone filled with angst, nerves, a high IQ, anxiety, and a restlessness with oneself, I will 9 times out of 10 show you a high achiever.  Show me someone with a strong drive born of anger and restlessness, narcissistic and sociopathic tendancies, and a high IQ, and I will show you 95 percent of CEOs in corporate America.

Show me someone who is always calm, loves their station in life, and is content with everything around them... i mean, chances are that guy is probably not doing much.  Which is fine of course.

Kate Spade said several times that she was always filled with anxiety, which is what led to her dynamic brand and her incredible business savy.  Good or okay was never acceptable.  Bourdains anger and need to get away made great television.  Hell, even Albert Einstein was depressed.  Abraham Lincoln, the most brilliant politician in our nations history, stayed in bed once for 5 years.  Ive read more than one thesis that it was his depression that enabled his genius.

Im not saying mental illness is ever okay, I just wish we could stop acting surprised when we find out captains of industry, attention seekers, artists, and all those who are never satisfied, suffer from an unhealthy life balance and often mental illness.

Quite the contrary, we teach our children that they should want to grow up to be Steve Jobs.  Maybe thats the last guy they should ever want to be.

“What is a poet? An unhappy man who hides deep anguish in his heart, but whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it sounds like lovely music.... And people flock around the poet and say: 'Sing again soon' - that is, 'May new sufferings torment your soul but your lips be fashioned as before, for the cry would only frighten us, but the music, that is blissful.” - Kierkegaard

20 hours ago, zoony said:

Just coming back to this, in all of the tribute and glorification of his life by everyone from his friends to his colleagues, the above is being 100 percent overlooked

As for mental health, i would argue most greatness is the result of mental illness.

Show me someone filled with angst, nerves, a high IQ, anxiety, and a restlessness with oneself, I will 9 times out of 10 show you a high achiever.  Show me someone with a strong drive born of anger and restlessness, narcissistic and sociopathic tendancies, and a high IQ, and I will show you 95 percent of CEOs in corporate America.

Show me someone who is always calm, loves their station in life, and is content with everything around them... i mean, chances are that guy is probably not doing much.  Which is fine of course.

Kate Spade said several times that she was always filled with anxiety, which is what led to her dynamic brand and her incredible business savy.  Good or okay was never acceptable.  Bourdains anger and need to get away made great television.  Hell, even Albert Einstein was depressed.  Abraham Lincoln, the most brilliant politician in our nations history, stayed in bed once for 5 years.  Ive read more than one thesis that it was his depression that enabled his genius.

Im not saying mental illness is ever okay, I just wish we could stop acting surprised when we find out captains of industry, attention seekers, artists, and all those who are never satisfied, suffer from an unhealthy life balance and often mental illness.

Quite the contrary, we teach our children that they should want to grow up to be Steve Jobs.  Maybe thats the last guy they should ever want to be.

Good post zoony. It’s pressure or tension. Being pushed or pulled by something, whether it’s running away from something or maybe seeking relief for something, or chasing a dream or hope. 

Ive studied depression and stress for a long time and from it came to understand the dynamics of pressure. The directions of it, back pressure, fore-pressure, global pressure, internal pressure, down-pressure, up-pressure, or the lack of pressure. 

Then there are flavors and intensities of pressure. Too little pressure people may think of as comforting or cathartic, but beyond a certain point and in a certain context it’s actually depression. Moderate to high pressure can and often be stressful, but can also be pleasurable or exciting. It all depends upon what it’s being contrasted against. The previous position informing and providing context for the process necessary to move to the next. 

A person can train themselves to be masters of their own choice, drive, motivation, and susceptibility to depression by understanding the dynamics and spectrum and chemistry of pressure. It’s not a binary, pressure is bad and no pressure is good, but instead a superpositional mileu with certain mixes at certain contexts providing the right pattern for living life in the most healthy way possible. 

Basically what I’m saying is Depression has a pattern and tells, just like healthy and unhealthy motivations have patterns and tells, and healthy and unhealthy comforts/calms have the same. It’s a somewhat complicated pattern, but not impossible for people to understand, especially when there are people capable of mapping it all out for society.  

• 2 weeks later...

The Occult World of Asia Argento – Anthony Bourdain’s ex-Girlfriend

A look at the life, career, and bizarre social media posts of Asia Argento – the girlfriend of Anthony Bourdain at the time of his death.

Warning this article contains images that might be shocking to some.

After the unexpected news of Anthony Bourdain’s apparent suicide, many eyes turned to his girlfriend Asia Argento. While some sent her love and support, others outright blamed her for Bourdain’s death.

The main reason for these accusations is the fact that she was spotted being “romantic” with her friend Hugo Clement on the weekend before Bourdain’s death.

Weeks prior, Clement, a French journalist with Konbini news, had reported on Argento’s speech against Harvey Weinstein at Cannes.

argentohugo-600x750.jpg

Considering that fact that a very few people know exactly what happened to Bourdain, outright blaming Argento for the death is not an appropriate thing to do. However, one cannot ignore the fact that Bourdain was fully invested and involved in Argento’s life and world in the months leading to his death. And this world is pure occult elite.

Asia began acting at age nine. At age 18, she starred in her father’s movie Trauma which features her escaping from a psychiatric hospital, people being decapitated and her mother being electroshocked after the death of her baby. Monarch mind control stuff.

Later, she starred in the Three Mothers trilogy which is about “a triad of evil, powerful witches stationed across the world to manipulate humanity on a global scale”. It also a coven of cannibalistic witches. This “crazy” story is not as fictitious as some would believe.

Coincidentally enough, Asia Argento has claimed on social media to being a witch.

A look at Asia Argento’s social media accounts reveals a plethora of occult-elite.

Click on the link for the full article

Archived