Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What are the oranges? FIND ME THE ORANGES! 

Anyway. Do yall think its possible that Fox news is retarding the mental faculties of an entire segment of people just by literally redefining their reality?

Only if you believe the studies that show that Faux News viewers are seriously less informed than those who consume actual news sources. Science has already shown that the brain literally rewires itself as we focus on certain things, so yeah a steady drip of Faux News will literally be rewiring the brains of those who watch. And everyone is shocked when they act this way. These people who previously were some of the staunchest advocates for the Enlightenment's absolute Truth and objective reality have flipped 180% and have become the cartoon that is deconstructionist postmodernity's relativistic post-truthers. Now, this segment of the population that is of the least educated and least self aware are being indoctrinated with an alternate reality they are given miniscule information and loads of indoctrination to the point that they lives on Mount Stupid (Dunning Kruger) and have loudly proclaimed that peak to be the absolute and objective Truth.

• Like 4

But seriously, who is genuinely surprised? Y'all don't believe this is something new do ya? I sit here wondering how in the **** I made it north of 60 and I have seen it my entire life. There has always been this visceral anti-intellectual strain running through the species, this willful, gleeful ignorance that mocks book larnin' and demands in a bullying tone, "Do you think you're better than me??" Yeah, as a matter of fact I do, and further, if the day ever comes that I even question whether or not that's true I will throw myself under a bus, as many times as it takes. There has always been this substantial % of the species that was not just stupid, but embraced their stupidity as a virtue. What is different is that technology and mass marketing have conspired to connect them and empower them to flaunt their stupidity in a way never seen before. If you believe we can somehow vote or debate our way out of this then I think you might be adorably naive.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yea I feel yall. @AsburySkinsFan @LD0506 @Larry but I never really thought they actually believed it until now. I always thought that "fake news" and similar ridiculous right leaning arguments I would list but dont want to start that drama this morning where mostly out of spite. Its really upsetting considering that these people cant think any other way because they have literally been mind ****ed by people who are lying to them for money and power. And do so openly. 

Also 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fear and anger are the easiest emotions to create and manipulate.

It is remarkably easy. The less info, the better.

these people are a textbook case of propaganda working exactly as it is expected to.

good on that TV guy for keeping his head. I doubt I could've.

~Bang

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Meh, she isn't hurting anyone.

She is insane tho.

Disagree with your assertion that bat•••• crazy, delusional people are not harming anyone. 

They are actively engaged in proudly destroying perhaps the greatest society in human history. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Disagree with your assertion that bat•••• crazy, delusional people are not harming anyone. 

They are actively engaged in proudly destroying perhaps the greatest society in human history. 

1) My point is that video she isn't hurting anyone. She is looney but there was no racial slur shared nor did she physically attack anyone. That is why I said her information, including place of employment, shouldn't be on the internet. Please re-read the post I quoted.

2) I do not know if this is the greatest society in human history and reject statements like that.

• Like 2