Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

4 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

I understand the argument.  I just find it to be utter crap.

So...presumably... South African racists under apartheid suddenly became no longer racist in 1994, when they lost the institutional backing of their racist thoughts?   

a) they didn't lose institutional backing in South Africa

b ) I do not agree with the definition either.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grego said:

There are two things here.

I think there are two definitions that aren't mutually exclusive (but for some reason define the same word) that can be discussed. One is about one's beliefs, one is about one's beliefs plus the power to enact them. They describe two different things. 

The second idea is that one's race prevents them from being able to define a word. 

That's how it confuses things. 

Are we still talking about whether minorities can be racists?

More than 60 years ago, Stephen Sondheim wrote in the lyric America that "No one knows that Puerto Rico is in A-mer-i-ca" It was supposed to be funny in the 1950's, it shouldn't be part of our lives today.

This is Trump's America.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

More than 60 years ago, Stephen Sondheim wrote in the lyric America that "No one knows that Puerto Rico is in A-mer-i-ca" It was supposed to be funny in the 1950's, it shouldn't be part of our lives today.

This is Trump's America.

This "mentally ill" gentleman was arrested for assult and disorderly conduct. No thanks to the initial officer.

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

Ironically this image is why people don't like the left.

I know, just a little genocide, what would it hurt really, I mean, we're going after "those" people afterall, like it or not, these aren't our kids. Show them compassion, but it's not like he is doing this to the people of Idaho or Texas, right?

Tough titty said the kitty, the lines are drawn more starkly then ever in the history of this country and those that stand with evil, make excuses for evil, rationalize and minimize and deflect evil show the evil within themselves. It's pretty damn simple to see

36905823_2222559364428023_68252171366343

Edited by LD0506
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tshile said:

Ironically this image is why people don't like the left.

I agree that it is why moderates don't like the left.  I'm not sure what is ironic about it.  When people are running around comparing anything that Republicans are saying to actual genocide, the left looks far more vile and extremist than the right.  It's pretty simple.

Edit: not directing this at you, just a general comment about the topic.

Edited by Nerm

9 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I agree that it is why moderates don't like the left.  I'm not sure what is ironic about it.  When people are running around comparing anything that Republicans are saying to actual genocide, the left looks far more vile and extremist than the right.  It's pretty simple.

I suspect you have a clear example of this? The reason I ask is there have been several right wing anti-immmigrant (and anti-white) attacks in the last year and I'm not sure what leftist led violence even compares to it. 

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I suspect you have a clear example of this? The reason I ask is there have been several right wing anti-immmigrant (and anti-white) attacks in the last year and I'm not sure what leftist led violence even compares to it. 

In b4 Antifa.

Because the response is definitely gonna be antifa.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Im confused.  The example was the post I responded to, which included the suggestion that people on the right are supportive of genocide.

I am not making any reference to leftist violence, or condoning any form of violence by anyone.

• Like 1

Just now, Nerm said:

Im confused.  The example was the post I responded to, which included the suggestion that people on the right are supportive of genocide.

I am not making any reference to leftist violence, or condoning any form of violence by anyone.

When people are running around comparing anything that Republicans are saying to actual genocide, the left looks far more vile and extremist than the right.  It's pretty simple.

Sorry maybe I'm reading that wrong. My apologies.

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sorry maybe I'm reading that wrong. My apologies.

No worries.  I think Trump is a terrible person.  Can't wait for him to be gone, but I don't think the comparisons to Nazis and genocide are reasonable (or helpful to those that oppose Trump).

4 minutes ago, Nerm said:

No worries.  I think Trump is a terrible person.  Can't wait for him to be gone, but I don't think the comparisons to Nazis and genocide are reasonable (or helpful to those that oppose Trump).

comparing trump and his supporters to 1933 germany may not be helpful... but it is certainly reasonable.   

1 hour ago, Nerm said:

I'm not sure what is ironic about it.

It's a meme about the middle thinking some genocide is ok for the sake of compromise, when the reality the fact that the left thinks the position of the middle is "some genocide is ok for the sake of compromise" is why the middle doesn't like the left

they're so stuck on their righteousness they forget to stay in reality.

anyone who doesn't agree with them is ultimately evil.

the irony is that in creating the meme about the middle hating the left, the creator did what the left does that people actually hate and is completely unaware of it.

they're really not all that different than the trumpers once they get worked up.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 3