Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

6 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

And not layers of spyware?  

Just now, Florgon79 said:

Nothing says freedom to me like being charged a bunch for cheap Chinese crap. How many people using those apps are screaming about the Chinese stealing American manufacturing jobs while putting overpaid CEO's on pedestals.

Hey, that's "overpaid CEOs who donate Republican" on the pedestals.  

• Haha 1

Step 1: Buy $179 phones in bulk from China

Step 2: Pay cheap overseas coders $10k to develop a bloatware app that runs on top of Android to make it look a little different

Step 3: Load a bunch of apps on there that people could download themselves anyway 

Step 4: Throw a rock in any direction to find a gullible MAGA mark with enough money to pay you $500 for it

Step 5: PROFIT!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GoSkinsGo said:

I worked in the marine industry in Annapolis for about two decades. I say this as white 38 year old male that works for the Federal Government.

The worst group of people I have ever dealt with are old white men. Not all old white men, but enough to make me able say this with pure conviction. 

I say this AS an old, white man: I firmly agree with you. The question is why?

Some years ago, in a Sunday School class, my friend’s father was visiting, and joined us. He was a professor at Salisbury University at the time, my alma mater (nee Salisbury State College, to show how old I am), and he remarked that: “I hit the lottery when I was born who I was.” That statement has stayed with me, close in my consciousness, since that day. 

I think that many old, white men are pains in the ass, or feel “persecuted” is because they HAVE had every break in life, and when things don’t go to their liking, their way of thinking, they take it as a personal affront. Instead of self awareness that their lives have been better than 90% of the rest of the people in this world, these codgers take offense at anything that doesn’t conform to their liking, their thinking. 

I love to play golf, and belong to a country club here in Charlotte, NC. Believe me, I see this almost daily.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Desperate Laundering of the Trump Reputations

Amid the breathless coverage of three new books about the Trump presidency, one thing has become clear. Behind the scenes at the Trump White House, things were not worse than we knew—we actually knew just how bad it was.

“There has been no detail that has come out that has been different than the four years we saw him do in office,” Slade Sohmer, editor in chief of The Recount, says on the latest episode of The New Abnormal.

And Trump-era figures are working furiously to rehab their images. Exhibit A: Joint Chiefs chairman Gen. Mark Milley, who posed with President Trump in that notorious Lafayette Square photo-op, telling Washington Post reporters Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker he feared a “Reichstag moment” before the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Molly Jong-Fast can’t believe it. Six months later, that’s what the general has to say? “You were part of the Reichstag moment!” she says.

But no one knows image rehabilitation better than Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner—in fact, they’ve been doing it for years, Sohmer says. “‘Sources close to Jared and Ivanka say’ was the most used phrase in print of the Trump administration,” he adds.

Now comes news that Ivanka “didn’t want to go to Stop the Steal because she’s very concerned with her image, but she decides to go to support her dad. I mean, come on, man,” Molly says.

Click on the link for the more

6 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Joseph Flynn, Michael Flynn’s brother, totally suckered by journalist on Twitter sarcastically bragging he destroyed thousands of Trump ballots “because journalists are allowed to.”

Do yourselves a favor and take in that entire thread.  It is…something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Do yourselves a favor and take in that entire thread.  It is…something.

Funny, just learned about this guy last month - son of one of my mom’s good friends.  Pretty hilarious stuff, and pretty ballsy as a journalist and as a person in general (poking the side dominated by conspiracy theories and guns).

29 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

What's scary is that Joseph Flynn holds a high level Pentagon position, and he is all in on the "election was stolen" bandwagon and the January 6 rioters were patriotic Americans. 

Also, scary there’s so many secret service agents that are pro Trump.  Biden and his people wear worried about them before taking office.  He should get rid of them; as they may let something happen to him.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Also, scary there’s so many secret service agents that are pro Trump.  Biden and his people wear worried about them before taking office.  He should get rid of them; as they may let something happen to him.

In the past I would never have even given this thought too much credence as I've always thought the secret service were too professional and dedicated to let any political views affect their jobs.

But seeing how far MAGAs have gone over the past several years and how they've shown they'll do anything for their cult leader, I absolutely would start to worry about something like this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, China said:

After reading that tripe, I hope the R&A never hold another Open Championship at Turnberry, as long as Trump, or the Trump Org have anything to do with it. Even though the Ailsa course is in the top 3 courses I’ve ever played.

That is complete and utter egotistical disrespect to the birthplace of the game I love. As if he couldn’t be a bigger asshole.

• Like 5

O'Reilly threatens to sue after media reports 'History Tour' with Trump has low ticket sales

Former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly reportedly threatened to sue a Politico reporter over an article revealing that sales for his "History Tour" with former President Trump were low, citing conversations with venue ticketing officials. 

Politico's Daniel Lippman on Friday reported that tickets for the tour, which has four stops scheduled at locations in Texas and Florida this December, went on sale June 14, though venue officials said sales have so far been slow compared with other events held at the arenas. 

For example, a box office employee at Orlando, Fla.'s 20,000-person Amway Center, which will host Trump and O'Reilly on Dec. 12, told Politico, "There's still a lot of tickets open."

"We have concerts that are doing a lot better than this," the employee added, speaking on the condition of anonymity. 

The employee said that a Bad Bunny concert scheduled for March at the arena sold out in two days and  that tickets for a Dec. 3 Kane Brown concert were almost gone. 

Employees at Houston's Toyota Center, Dallas's American Airlines Center and Sunrise, Fla.'s BB&T Center all said that a large portion of seats for the Trump-O'Reilly tour remain unsold, with a BB&T box office official telling Politico they expected sales to have been "definitely higher" at this point. 

However, Trump and O'Reilly have both pushed back on Politico's reporting, with Trump spokeswoman Liz Harrington saying in a statement, "The History Tour has already sold over $5 million of tickets, and the excitement and enthusiasm is unlike anything we've seen before." 

"Come December, the sold out shows will be a memorable night for all," she added. 

Lippman reported that in a phone interview, O'Reilly said claims that ticket sales were lagging were "false" and "totally ridiculous." 

O'Reilly reportedly argued that ticket sales were at $7 million, higher than the number Harrington gave. 

Click on the link for the full story